Sign in to follow this  
10bag

MASSIVE desert map

Think of a desert map 3 or 4 times the size of Chernarus.

Sparsely placed small villages. A few larger towns. Massive distances between settlements. Sand dunes galore.

Drink would be a huge issue - you'd need to consume a lot more than standard Chernarus because of the heat. The emphasis would be on finding water wells which haven't dried up, and oases which aren't infected with dead animals or rendered undrinkable with salt, etc.

Kinda like Takistan, only a lot more sparse and about 10 times as big, with more of an emphasis on real survival. Sahara rather than Afghanistan.

mosque+in+desert+Wallpaper__yvt2.jpg

Please :)

Sounds like it wouldn't be too fun cause 9/10 times you'd die of dehydration, and you wouldn't find much loot cause there's barely any buildings anywhere. Unless they were to add stuff like making clothes out of vegetation or some crap, and adding a bunch of new features, it doesn't sound too fun.

• Like 2

Epic loot would be a Stillsuit rather than NVG or Antibiotics.  Also were there going to be any zombies on this map?

• Like 1

Epic loot would be a Stillsuit rather than NVG or Antibiotics.  Also were there going to be any zombies on this map?

849167eaccf7c09d8ecd0c121d6525f2.jpg

• Like 4

Been playing arma3 wasteland lately and the one thing I want to see is more territory. Island is fine but by now is same old same old. So desert? Yes! Tundra, jungle, metropolies, farmland, north pole, etc? Yes to all! Need as much diversity as possible. Needs the player to say, "where shall I go today," not "shall I visit the third house on the right, I think I missed it last time."

Playing in the middle of buttfuck nowhere with zombies doesn't sound too fun to me. 

• Like 2

Well Chernarus is 10x10 km. As far as I know the current Arma 2 engine can only handle a maximum map size of 20x20 km. So I don't think a map 10 times the size of Takistan is even possible. Not to mention that it would be completely boring to get stuck out in the middle of the desert, which is one of the main reasons I don't play Takistan as it is.

Chernobyl + DayZ really needs to happen.

Imagine being alone in Pripyat during the night, total darkness... sends shivers down me spine. 

Chernobyl + DayZ really needs to happen.

Imagine being alone in Pripyat during the night, total darkness... sends shivers down me spine. 

Yeah. I saw a work in progress community made Chernobyl zone map. But it's very flat, like a lot of the community made maps.

Set it at the turn of the 19th century, add camels, biplanes and early motor cars and you can count me in.

Kd72ZB1.jpg

Didn't play Takistan... Wouldn't play this TBH, maps where you can hunt and set up deep forest camps etc etc appeal more to me.

Even if it runs at 2,000,000,000 FPS without all the trees

Edited by AP_Norris