Sign in to follow this  
itamar (DayZ)

How to know if its a private hive

as i understand, my location and items are saved only if its not in a private hive? how to know if its a private hive or public ? like a server of the game itself and not a server in a private hive.. i dont rly understand it, i just want to start a game and every time i log in to continue from the same place and same items

The blatent sign is to join a new server and see where you spawn - if you're spawning on the coast as a new spawn then you're on a Private Hive, as it hasn't carried your previous data over.

Otherwise, look for hints in the title or maybe use keyword searches!

Every official hive servers have the word "official" in the title. They also have two letters, like for example FR, UK or US to describe the country where the server is located.

Furthermore it has a number. This number helps you search for your favourite server.

I hope it helped

Apart from the ones that say Official Origins, ignore those.

• Like 1

Hi,

If you see something like that FR 808 [1.7.7.1/103718 Regular] UTC-4 | 50 slots | it should be a Public Hive

If you see something like "+300 vehicle", "custom loadout", "spawn with", "extra loot", In other words if you see anything different from the official game in the title is that it is a Private Hive.

For Dayz Origins you have to check for "Official Origins" in the title.

Just don't join ones like the following. 

999+ Heli's and Cars! Spawn with DMR and swag stuff! Hosted by yolo gaming!

I'm surprised noone has noticed that, it's easy - official servers have "@hive" in their expansions, if there is no such thing or it it's slightly different - it's not hooked up to the public hive system. Private hives usually use "@Hive", "@dayzcc", "@bliss" and various versions of these.

Now hand over your beans.

Edited by S.Maelstrom