Sign in to follow this  
Cap'n (DayZ)

Should I settle down?

Today is easily one of the best days for me. I've crossed nearly every corner of the map, I've survived countless player encounters, and I'm pretty well geared. I've got a PDW with two G17 mags, and AK-74 with three, and a AKM with two mags. I've got a Survival ACU, GPS, map, food, and lots of meat. I have both a water bottle and a hunting knife, and other goodies of self reliance. And I'm considering setting up camp near Zelenogorsk, finding some tents and a good pond for drinking water. But then again, I kind of want to head back to the coast and get some medical supplies. The problem is, I almost always die a horrific and frustrating death(infection 9 times out of 10). So, should I settle down and find a place to settle, or go Chernogorsk to find medical supplies and risk getting sniped.

settle down for a bit, make a camp somewhere make yourself at home then go for medical supplies,

Zelenogorsk to pustoshka further north and across to green mountain and the surrounding area is a nice little place to be, not much traffic, 2 good supermarkets plenty of barns and a few deerstands and a church, it's my home from home i can gear up quite nicely from that area.

Continue saving the universe bro

Edited by Wazza
  • Like 2

1: if you're that concerned, do both. Wait for your server (or if you play public like a good person, wait for A server) to hit low population before your Cherno/city run.

2: I never settle down. I don't play enough to want to store gear, just so other players can find and take it from me without a fight.

3: If I bring you medical supplies, can I have your AKM?

• Like 1

Leave everything you have in your tent except for some food. Then start your journey there, to prevent losing anything important

• Like 1

Check from the hills and run into the town grab what you need and RUN FOR YOUR LIFE

All depends on what you want out of the game.  Why not head to the NWAF and try and upgrade that AK?

Zelenogorsk is low traffic?  It has a supermarket on a prime route to NWAF with not a lot of vegetation around for hundreds of yards.  I don't know how many times I've run into trouble (or caused trouble) around there.

Leave everything you have in your tent except for some food. Then start your journey there, to prevent losing anything important

^ This, take something to drink too.

Edited by Creep-

go to berezino why risk cherno

you still care if you live or die ???

hmmm, i say leeroy jenkins it..

This is key.  Idk how anyone could play this game if they cared about their character :P

I always assumed if I lived that long, id just try to see if I could get a chopper together before getting killed then fly around refueling n shit.  

Well, I've upgraded quite a bit since then lol. I have everything I need to be self sufficient, and I found a nice spot in Skalka where I have access to a pond, ural spawn, and a short run to NWAF. I have two bloodbags so I can do the medic thing, but I'm a little cautious about it since I don't have a car yet. I've got a Czech pack, a M4A1 CCO with six mags, a M9SD with only two, and a buttload of gear(every one in the game I think). So risking my ass for an antibiotics run and going into one of the three cities with hospitals(don't say berezino isn't crowded, I killed two heavily armed guys there just today). So, all I need is a tent to store my shit and a car and I'll be off to become a wilderness survival ambulance hero dude. Sounds sweet, right?

You could hunt down Ming the Merciless.  I am sure there would be one somewhere on a server.

I once bumped into a player called T-1000 - he asked me if i knew where John Connor was.

Roleplaying is dead in this community :(

yup rite about the same time as CoD KoS became the norm..

weird how that happened huh...

I used to base out up north, with the SA changes, its gonna get crowded real quick!

Why not scout others bases for what u need? Plenty up north!

You could hunt down Ming the Merciless.  I am sure there would be one somewhere on a server.

I once bumped into a player called T-1000 - he asked me if i knew where John Connor was.

Who's Ming the Merciless?

Stary Sobor MASH tents, NWAF barracks, the heli crash belt ... they all yield antibiotics, just dependent on blind luck.  From my experience, I've mostly found them in military loot spawns, otherwise only once in a cow shed.

I recently died after four days of infection, eating and cooking tons of livestock to survive. but crashed the dirt bike chasing my next meal ... on the way to trade for some AB's no less.

Day one of my new adventure I find a heli crash with FOUR packs.  Go figure.

EDIT: Lolz at TerribleFate ... is that a trick question?

Edited by RN_Max