Sign in to follow this  
Shadow23

What is DayZero? Here you go!

I've seen a lot of people asking what is DayZero? Made this little video to try to clear up some of the features and perks of DayZero. Let me know what you guys think!

• Like 6

Good video in terms of explanation and such, but if I were you I would have gone with an post-capture recording of the vocals, and chopped up some main key points in your footage rather than doing it as a let's play.

Just my 2 cents.

Beans regardless

• Like 1

You can't get infection yet.

Dogs are not in the mod yet either.

The new sound are only Dayzero.

DMR replaced

Bunny jump only works with primary weapon in hand

Edited by flygamer1
  • Like 1

You can't get infection yet.

Dogs are not in the mod yet either.

The new sound are only Dayzero.

DMR replaced

Bunny jump only works with primary weapon in hand

Adding this to description, thanks a lot!

Good video in terms of explanation and such, but if I were you I would have gone with an post-capture recording of the vocals, and chopped up some main key points in your footage rather than doing it as a let's play.

Just my 2 cents.

Beans regardless

Yeah, you are absolutely right, I kinda threw this together at 4 am to help give some clarity, if people want it, I will make a post recording analysis while recording some of the features! 

Yeah, you are absolutely right, I kinda threw this together at 4 am to help give some clarity, if people want it, I will make a post recording analysis while recording some of the features! 

again, it was still very informative and a good help, just thought I would suggest some ways to add "Production Value". :P

EDIT: Also, you gotta fix your resolution, its very off putting :(

Edited by GrumpyGat

again, it was still very informative and a good help, just thought I would suggest some ways to add "Production Value". :P

EDIT: Also, you gotta fix your resolution, its very off putting :(

Yes, it was due to my montiors being dinosaurs, but I just got new ones so I can go 1080 now!

Let me know if you guys want a more in depth, more educated, better quality version of this!

Know you want to give props to dayzero but its kind of misguiding when you know so little about it.

Anyhow, yes dayzero is defenitly the hottest mod around now. Most of the other trash mods are nothing compared to it.

Know you want to give props to dayzero but its kind of misguiding when you know so little about it.

Anyhow, yes dayzero is defenitly the hottest mod around now. Most of the other trash mods are nothing compared to it.

Hence why I want to make a more educated video!

If you guys haven't seen it Podagorsk (probably butchered that) is coming out soon, very excited!

Anyone interested in this mod should go to the official website and check it out. 

It is absolutely the Smoothest, most hardcore DayZ experience available right now.

Some of the best changes/fixes include:

- No combat logging

- No relogging to refill magazines

- Much smoother FPS.

- Low Latency servers

- Zero damage lag (no lag from hitting to damage being dealt)

- More weapons, and all existing ones retextured and balanced for damage and recoil.

- Full attachment system, including two levels of atttachments. (One set for mid tier, stanag weapons, second set for M14, G3, Saw and Mk48)

- Lots of new high quality skins (more high res than standard arma II skins)

- Balanced loot (plenty weapons but no high tier loot until NW or crash sites)

- And now with the new patch zombies are most definitely a challenge, with the ability to break arms, legs or knock you out.

- Randomized vehicle spawns.

- New oil rigs off the coast with possible heli spawns and ammo crates.

If you want a real survival experience, where you actually have to find a weapon, and your own medical supplies (not spawn with them) then DayZero is the mod for you. I would also HIGHLY recommend it for anyone who has frame rate issues with vanilla or Any other mod. It also has the nicest feeling weapons I personally have ever used in an FPS, with new models, sounds, and damage/recoil stats.

Donations are possible, but the only perks a re a tasty new skin and a reserved slot on the servers.

Head on over to zombies.nu for videos, screenshots, updates, and more information.

Edited by DERANG3R
  • Like 1

Anyone interested in this mod should go to the official website and check it out. 

It is absolutely the Smoothest, most hardcore DayZ experience available right now.

Some of the best changes/fixes include:

- No combat logging

- No relogging to refill magazines

- Much smoother FPS.

- Low Latency servers

- Zero damage lag (no lag from hitting to damage being dealt)

- More weapons, and all existing ones retextured and balanced for damage and recoil.

- Full attachment system, including two levels of atttachments. (One set for mid tier, stanag weapons, second set for M14, G3, Saw and Mk48)

- Lots of new high quality skins (more high res than standard arma II skins)

- Balanced loot (plenty weapons but no high tier loot until NW or crash sites)

- And now with the new patch zombies are most definitely a challenge, with the ability to break arms, legs or knock you out.

- Randomized vehicle spawns.

- New oil rigs off the coast with possible heli spawns and ammo crates.

If you want a real survival experience, where you actually have to find a weapon, and your own medical supplies (not spawn with them) then DayZero is the mod for you. I would also HIGHLY recommend it for anyone who has frame rate issues with vanilla or Any other mod. It also has the nicest feeling weapons I personally have ever used in an FPS, with new models, sounds, and damage/recoil stats.

Donations are possible, but the only perks a re a tasty new skin and a reserved slot on the servers.

Head on over to zombies.nu for videos, screenshots, updates, and more information.

I can concur what this man is preaching. DayZero is an excellent mod, I must have put in over 1000+ hours in it since way back in the early BMRF.me days. I was a mod when we started co-hosting with Zombies.nu and played over 200 hours or more on their servers and can say they have one of the best DayZ communities around (if they havent changed much). The only downfall is that lately there are few servers and not as many players that I have seen on DayZero.. but if you want a good mod to try. Go there first. You wont regret it. Your FPS alone will make you want to stay.. forever.

• Like 1