tommy290

Properly using your pack

It seems that opening my backpack causes one of two things to occur, and I don't know why it's different. In one scenario (which happens most often), nothing changes except it shows the number of items from the list that are in the pack on the left side, and the number of items that are in inventory on the right.

However, other times a new screen pops up on the right side (where it normally shows your player with the slots for weapons, items, vision, tools, etc) and it shows all the contents of the pack.

For the life of me I can't figure out how to do one or the other consistently. I think it's easier to see all the pictures of stuff in the pack, but I can't get it to show it all the time. Am I missing something?

• Like 2

-It shows it as a list when you are only in your own inventory i.e. moving things around between your backpack and main inventory.

-It shows pictures of the contents and an expanded backpack inventory when you are messing with something external, like a tent/car/lootpile/body etc.

• Like 6

Learned the hard way: If you simply click on "Take Alice Pack" you will most likely be disapointed because if you don't unload your current pack and reload the new one you won't gain  any new slots

Learned the hard way: If you simply click on "Take Alice Pack" you will most likely be disapointed because if you don't unload your current pack and reload the new one you won't gain  any new slots

With all my guns and backpacks I put the old ones on the ground first, equip the new one, then loot the stuff out of your old backpack or grab your old mags off the ground.

With all my guns and backpacks I put the old ones on the ground first, equip the new one, then loot the stuff out of your old backpack or grab your old mags off the ground.

Quicker way to do it is look at the new backpack on the ground, open it and put all your stuff in there then take it.

There's a chance your old one will disappear, but it doesn't really matter seeing as you've already emptied it, 

• Like 4

If you simply open your gear without looking at another storage (loot pile, tent, vehicle, etc.)  the first option will happen since your backpack is the only external storage you're accessing.  When you look at loot piles and whatnot, when you open your bag, it takes place of your main inventory and the section option happens.

Hope that helps.

• Like 2

If you simply open your gear without looking at another storage (loot pile, tent, vehicle, etc.)  the first option will happen since your backpack is the only external storage you're accessing.  When you look at loot piles and whatnot, when you open your bag, it takes place of your main inventory and the section option happens.

Hope that helps.

Be careful, some floors will literally eat your supplies. Namely, the grocery marts and convenience stores; their raised platform structure will swallow your old backpack whole.

• Like 2

Be careful, some floors will literally eat your supplies. Namely, the grocery marts and convenience stores; their raised platform structure will swallow your old backpack whole.

That explains it, lost a few things in the store when picking up a new BP. Yesterday I found a Coyote pack in the middle of the runway, stopped to open it and lost my pack and everything that wasn't in inventory, wierd thing was there was a scout pack IN the coyote!?!?!

• Like 1