Sign in to follow this  
angelus.

thinking about returning

hey all

around half a year ago i was playing dayz day-in and day-out and having a lot of fun with it. i loved the idea of an open world survival game. i slowly but surely lost more interest in the game when issues arose that i became very annoyed with, the first being hackers. now i didnt run into too many of these thankfully but they were extremely annoying when i did. and then we had the saving issue, which was the real annoyance for me. id work hard to save some tents and build up some vehicles and make myself a small camp, come back the next day, and it'd all be gone. that was the one that really killed me.

now. i play league of legends a lot but ive been wanting more than one game to play in recent weeks and would love to come back to dayz. my big question is, is it worth it? are the things i mentioned above corrected? what has changed in the game in the last 5-6 months that would make me want to play it again. quite frankly as long as the two things above have been fixed, that would be enough for me to start downloading dayz again immediately. is there still a big player base?

thanks for any help!

Hackers were largely stopped by Private hives and whitelist servers. I believe nearly all saving bugs are fleshed out and pretty much automatic.

You should read through the Changelogs from when you stopped to catch up on everything new.

Also, I play LoL too. E-High five.

Edited by Rage VG

Yes there are still hackers out there but personally I don't really seem to notice them often and I play on 2-3 public hives mainly.

Yes to there still being a big player base on pretty much most versions of DayZ.

I'd say it's still worth playing.

Hello there

"Is it worth it?"

If you've previously played you have nothing to lose except some time, why not try it for yourself?

Rgds

LoK

OP, I quit for about the same amount of time.  Partially because it became a counter-strike deathmatch, but also because my wife gave birth to our first kid seven months ago.

I have started playing again the last few days.  It has changed a lot, loot is much more rare (it seriously took me two days of playing a few hours each day to find a damn hatchet).  I haven't had any run-ins with other players except as a fresh spawn.  They were of course shooting me as I ran around unarmed.  Hackers seem much more rare, they are obviously still around, but not nearly as common. 

I tried the private hive thing, but all of the different rules and stuff just turned me off.  I'm sorry if I don't find it entertaining to spawn with full gear loadout and 10,000 vehicles.  In fact, the absolute worst hacking I ever dealt with was on a private whitelist server.  Me and everyone else on the server got killed/transported/whatever about five times per hour of play it seemed.  Needless to say, I didn't stick around long.

The mod Is dead !! Get standalone and don't be a bum !! Get Necroed!!!