Sign in to follow this  
Puremukku

Let Zombies "rest" a little

Hello Everyone

So My idea is to create an animation for zombies do sit down on the ground or just lay back to the buildings, as the survivors approach , zombies will wake up and start the hunt.

IT IS becouse : There would be an element of suprise, you think that there is no zombie near the area you spotted (becouse all you see are some corpses) but once you get closer the "corpses" will raise !

• Like 1

Nice idea but just a bit too hollywoodish in the effects department imo. They might take "naps" but i don't think they will just lie down where they stood.

• Like 1

I would most probably incorporate this into the mass graves, you walk by a mass grave and a few zombies might dig themselves out...

Thy are not undead. they would smother if they were underneath a pile of bodies

• Like 1

I thought the most natural thing would be if walkers just stood still, maybe crouched down. But crawlers lay somewhere waiting to attack quickly on short distance. 

If they'd seek shade to wait for signs of life, you'd get the surprise effect if they are balanced right. 

Best thing of course would be if they were only led by impulses like light and sound.  So they "wait" if nothing happens but if there is a light in the distance, they slowly approach it. Basically, the farther away, the slower they go there, the closer and stronger an impuls gets, the more aggroed they get. "smell" (= being close) of players of course being the strongest impulse for them.

I thought the most natural thing would be if walkers just stood still, maybe crouched down. But crawlers lay somewhere waiting to attack quickly on short distance. 

If they'd seek shade to wait for signs of life, you'd get the surprise effect if they are balanced right. 

Best thing of course would be if they were only led by impulses like light and sound.  So they "wait" if nothing happens but if there is a light in the distance, they slowly approach it. Basically, the farther away, the slower they go there, the closer and stronger an impuls gets, the more aggroed they get. "smell" (= being close) of players of course being the strongest impulse for them.

Not to burst your bubble but, if they just "stood still" they would be highly unnatural, they are still human, therefore they must eat, sleep and drink, one does not simply sleep while standing up. Imagine walking into a nest of infected who are sleeping in some building, you walk in, step on something squishy, move your flashlight over it, then they all wake up.