Cap'n (DayZ)

Your bad DayZ habits

I'm just curious if anyone else here has some unpleasant tendencies. I can't help but go through the backpack of anyone and everyone I meet. One time, I stole six MRE's out of a partners pack. Nice guy, I'd like to apologise. Another time, one of the first people I met held me up in Dolina. While he was going through my pack, I went through his pack, pulled out an AKM and unloaded into his face. Serves him right for taking my road flares.

Ya I remember that you little prick. I offer to help you get revenge on someone harassing you and you steal the mre's out of my pack and then the m4 out of my pack. Although stealing the stanag mags out of that snipers pack and doming him was pretty sweet. Serves him right for alt+tab while on the elektro death hill

I wouldn't call this a "bad habit", but kind of how I play the game.

I work the coast for quite awhile to collect what I consider "necessary" to move north.  A gun/ammo, hatchet, matches, water bottle (or a few sodas), a few bandages, and a morphine syringe.  This evolves from patch to patch.  I seem to need a bandage more often than every other zombie hit anymore in the new patch.  And I haven't broken a leg yet in the newest patch. 

So I get this basic pack built up and then I usually hit Balota to see if I can't get a little better weapon.  Then I head due north and start exploring that way.  I have basically never explored the northeast part of the map at all.  Draw a line from Elektro through Novy and up past the NW Airfield... I seriously have been east of that about two times, and that's probably only because of having spawned there. 

My bad habit is once I get going up there I end up getting a little bit too "bold" and start risking it.  I really think it's just because the north doesn't appeal to me much besides better weapons.  But since I don't PVP unless fired upon, I don't have a ton of use for that.  I do like collecting and moving north though I find myself a little bored after that.

I haven't played much since the tents have been fixed.  I like the stashes and the idea of actually being able to build up a decent amout of stuff up in the hills somewhere.  So maybe once I get to that point I will find more enjoyment.

Making sure I have 4 clips for my pistol and 4 bandages.

I always have 1 bandage and rest of it is mags. I keep the rest of my bandages in my backpack.

I always have 1 bandage and rest of it is mags. I keep the rest of my bandages in my backpack.

At the rate I am going through bandages in this newest version I'd forget to load them back into inventory and die.  I usually run with at least two in my usable inventory, any extras are in the pack.  I've been playing this most recent spawn for about three days (I don't play much each day).  I bet I have used 15 bandages already, and I don't even get into combat much... the bleed rate is crazy right now.

Why would you need 7 pistol mags..? Unless you have an m9 that only uses m9 mags that are few and far between you're going to find plenty of mags before you run out of ammo I would think.

Oh ya, it's a bad habit thread ha

My bad habit is getting too greedy when visiting stary NWAF and lingering for too long. Once you find an m14 and have a sniper rifle in your pak you don't need to then check every single hanger...

Edited by Dagwood
  • Like 2

Playing The Cranberries "Zombie" on repeat for hours while in the game

Sprinting. I always sprint and I don't notice untill I've got the whole of Cherno on my tail.

Ya I remember that you little prick. I offer to help you get revenge on someone harassing you and you steal the mre's out of my pack and then the m4 out of my pack. Although stealing the stanag mags out of that snipers pack and doming him was pretty sweet. Serves him right for alt+tab while on the elektro death hill

I'm sorry, that was a dick move and you deserve to be pissed.

Looting when I should be moving...ie when legging it to a camp or stash and you pass too close to juicy loot source I find I can't simply run/drive by, it usually ends poorly.

"GUYS!!  HOP IN!!  I KNOW HOW TO FLY THIS HELICOPTER!!...hmmmm....I don't think I know how to fly this helicop ***BOOOM!!***

Constantly clicking left mouse button. It's ok running, but when you hit a small incline and click, let's just say that isn't a good idea with a DMR or as50, especially with volume loud. I've almost pulled muscles with how much I jump.

I bound my TS push to talk key to shift, which for me in game was walk.

Got me killed a couple of times before I was arsed to change to bind.

Running into buildings with only one entrance/narrow corridors and getting overwhelmed by zeds (barracks buildings, log cabins).

Using my pen knife as an 'autorun' key before making a cup of tea/smoking a fag - only to come back and find I have moved 4 feet and am running into a tree.

Using roads flares at night in cities.

Taking a good good with one clip over an average gun with 10 clips.

More to follow as I wake up.

spending 99% of my time building a base/stockpiling high tier loot and never using it :blush:

Using my pen knife as an 'autorun' key before making a cup of tea/smoking a fag - only to come back and find I have moved 4 feet and am running into a tree.

I use a wine opener myself and yes, I've come back expecting to be 1000m up country to find I haven't made it across the highway!