Sign in to follow this  
doctahg

Picking up things

Can someone explain how to pick things up? All i have read is click the mob, open gear? And that's how it works? Played arma years ago but don't remember what I am missing.

Thanks for any help!

Doc

Aim at the lootpile and click G, it'll pop up the inventory where you can grab the stuff. Some stuff requires you to aim at it and use scrollwheel to select '' pick up (item name)'', that's mainly for carparts/meelee weapons/jerry cans though.

look up some dayz guides on youtube,click on the ones that talk about moveing and looting

Ty..I tried everything to grab the xbow bolt to no avail! I always remember arma having some weird key binds..

Sometimes items can't be taken for some reason - it is a great mystery of DayZ. 

As Twixx said wait for the little icon and hit G, or use the scroll wheel.

Ty..I tried everything to grab the xbow bolt to no avail! I always remember arma having some weird key binds..

Crossbow bolts can be tricky.  You need to look at them from the right angle.  I can't tell you what that angle is as it varies from situation to situation.  I find aiming down the sites and zooming in can be pretty effective at times.

If (I do) you are playing in 3rd person it's nearly impossible to pickup a xbow bolt. Swap to 1st person and give that a go. Rather than pressing "G" to move items over, I find it easier to press the middle mouse button down in order to just pick it up immediately.