Fionny

Is anyone friendly anymore?

Met one. Very random. He was killing zombies in a farm, I went inside hoping to find relief as I was bleeding and had no bandages. Instead of shooting me, he dropped me a bandage and I was on my way.

Of course, I only had an axe one me so, yeah.

god bless, i am a normal human beeing!

Onece someone calls in the chat "pece!" so i answert "ists ok i am frindly" 5 seconds later bäm! Dead...... thats at the moment the only way to die....zombies are harmless......

Some people are playing a zombie mob, some people are playing a FFA PvP game with no controls, they won't react the same. And with no way to tell which is which you have to treat everyone as being a threat and either join in the death-match or head for the hills and try to avoid it.

Does the game even have guilds or clans? That would be one way of determining peaceful intent.

i kill people when my interests are threatened. Yesterday clanmate and me saw 2 guys looting polana supermarket, I had a clear sniper shot that would have taken them out but I didn't fire - why would I kill someone who's almost 1km from me? Later we camped factory and when nobody showed up we looted it. If I saw anyone approaching our target we would have killed them, plain and simple.

I've played for probably twelve hours now, I've yet to find one single other person. Closest I've come to is finding the dead remains of a player who must have been killed by a zombie a few moments before I arrived.

Though, I've never gone into Elektro or Cherno since everyone here says it's a death zone.

Though' date=' I've never gone into Elektro or Cherno since everyone here says it's a death zone.

[/quote']

The last time I met a friendly was in Electro firestation just out of town. He could see me from the hillside. We met up, looted some stuff, gave another guy an AK who ran off with out a word and received a few bullets in his back, all that fun. Then the server reset.

Electro is fun.

I actually never met a friendly person, except the one who didn't have a weapon (once he did have a weapon, he tried to kill me anyway).

So I practicly shoot before asking now, increases survivabilty chances.

I actually never met a friendly person' date=' except the one who didn't have a weapon (once he did have a weapon, he tried to kill me anyway).

So I practicly shoot before asking now, increases survivabilty chances.

[/quote']

Reap what you sow n that.

Yea it seems to be KoS 97% of the time. The 3% I'm not KoS is; 1% of they don't have a weapons, 1% they didn't see me, and finally 1% we we're helping each other and they shot me in the back for whatever reason.

Airfields are just guarenteed shoot first and don't risk it. It is rather boring after a while, I would love to see incentives to highway rob people - ie: instead of shooting and looting, hold them at gun point, steal their loot and let them live. But no incentive = no reason to not shoot and loot.

I try not to shoot anyone,but lets be honest,when you meet someone with a decent gear and you have the decent gear yourself,you'll end up shooting each other for sure.

^ It's funny how wrong you are.

I was in stary sobor, just logging in (As i had logged there previous night) came out of one of the tents, after waiting awhile to see if it was clear (Peering out the tent to make sure it was clear, now that i think about it retarded place to log but eh) As soon as i thought it was clear i came running out, while checking the other tents as i ran past them, didn't want to stop incase a sniper had his eyes on me, thats when i spotted a guy in one of the tents as i passed, near crapping myself i fired a round at him.. Guess what the dude said? "Friendly" i couldn't believe it, both geared, me with my pistol out (He clearly had the upper hand) and he asks "Friendly" in stary sobor O.o?

Couldn't believe it at first, but i stopped fireing and told him "Yep" pretty cool if you ask me, dudes now on my friends list in steam :P

There are friendlys out there, quiet afew, this isn't the first time it's happened to me, just the latest.

Sadly there are more assholes, but you always have to shuffle threw shit to find a gem.

I avoid other people like the plague. Its kill or be killed.

But I take that one step back and use my 1 rule.

See or be seen. Then make an informed decision.

Don't be seen by anyone. Then establish whether to engage or leave them stroll by. Attempt to make voice communication, let them know you can see them but stay hidden.

I must admit though. I have got 4 friends that I team up with and I have used this technique and will continue to do so, to rob people.

Depending on the assessment of the situation we do it in various ways.

We either make communication and tell them to halt or we will kill them. If they choose to ignore, give them a second warning. If no joy then shoot on sight.

If they respond and halt, then basically hold their life for ransom. Either by telling them to drop food on the spot or ammo and then continue to move on. Or tell them to hold still and send one guy out to them while the rest of us have our sights on him incase of any funny stuff.

If they call my bluff, then I will reveal one of our locations. If he believes thats just it, I will reveal one more location. If they continue to question I will shoot them. Gotta be firm. We wont take everything though. Im not that much of a bad person. Just anything that may be of use to us and then let him carry on with his life and game, and wont lose any essentials.

We won't take anyones map or compas or anything like that. Just supplies and then send them on their way.

If they open fire, then their head comes off. If they run, their head comes off. Simple as that.

I may be a bad guy for doing this... but I don't leave them high and dry. I could break their legs after im done and stop them from bleeding to crawl to where ever they need to be. But I am not that cruel.

I group up with strangers all the time. If i get shot, it happens on sight. I've never been back stabbed by someone after teaming up.

me and my friend managed to make it into the forest away from the major hotspots, we had plenty of food ammo and water, even blood and morphine etc, we saw one guy crawling in a small town we came past, he hadn't seen us and seemed to be minding his own business, we decided not to shoot him and he aggro'd most the zeds. we started to go up a hill next to the town and he shot us both, we should of shot him when we had the chance, me and my friend are thinking on taking the tactic - better safe than sorry from now on, but otherwise we are normally friendly with survivors.

Allways get shot while asking if strangers are friendly, a bit annoying those times you are clearly unarmed and you get sniped from 500m+. If anyone wants to group up on any european servers, just add my steam (craniumcerebrale);)

I used to try and be friendly but I got shot too many times. I then moved on to avoiding people; if I saw someone I'd let them go and I'd change where I was going. Now I kill on sight most of the time.

I still try to be a good guy though.. just before starting weapons were removed I saw some guy running to the woods I was in who had obviously just started. I was hoping he'd just go by and I wouldn't have to kill him but sure enough he tried to hide behind a tree and looked my way. If only he hadn't seen me he'd have lived

I never shoot on sight unless said person has a sniper, then I assume that he is a bandit.

My steam name is Soviet Creeper, ingame Soldier of Failure. Please dont shoot me, I wasnt the one that stole your cheese :<

I never shoot on sight unless said person has a sniper' date=' then I assume that he is a bandit.

[/quote']

Fail assumption, I carry a sniper but that's entirely for the ability to observe other players from a safe distance. And before you go all binocs on me yes, it's like binocs, only that I can shoot fast if need arises.

To me it feels more like those with assault rifles are bandits, you can't really shoot zeds with AKM without drawing more and more of them by noise and AR's are especially good against other players in the most common situation (close range) where snipers are useless.

Whoever was the genius who once said that anyone with sniper is a bandit, thanks, prolly caused a lot of needless deaths :p

As for topic, I'm generally friendly. I've shot some guys needlessly, yes, but always felt bit bad about it so I try to avoid it. Doesn't mean I'd come bandage your wound up if you're carrying a weapon though, am not taking risks.

I only started playing this mod today.My 1st spawn i saw 2 players who didn't shoot me on sight. No talk between us. Later I got shot in the back by someone. I had nothing but a heat pack on me.

On my 2nd spawn I ran into a player in the air strip near the coast. He asked if I was friendly and offered me to join him to go cherno. I declined after hearing so much about it being a deathtrap. The player left me and went on his way. I later died from infected, who spawned on top of me.

So I'd say there are still players who don't shoot on sight and are helpfull. Just luck of the draw I guess.

Speaking from my own experiences - friendly's seem few and far between and the consequences for hesitating are huge. Uptil yesterday Id never shoot and hope to team up or just let each other go on our way. Id always end up dead though. The only time ive not been shot in last day or so was by a guy stuck inside the hospital with a 1.7.1.4 level horde of zombies outside. I helped him thin the mob and he left.

From now on im going to shoot on sight unless its a unique situation like above. Indeed today I got my 1st kill... Its a shame but its just not worth the risk of somebody doing me and taking my stuff :(

To me it feels more like those with assault rifles are bandits' date=' you can't really shoot zeds with AKM without drawing more and more of them by noise and AR's are especially good against other players in the most common situation (close range) where snipers are useless.

[/quote']

What, you can't shoot zeds with AKM? - sure you can, its like the best zed hunting weapon ever! One shot, one kill. :D

Shoot a few zeds, get a bonus of 20-30 more zed kills when all of them run to you... So much great fun. :D

Also, with the added loud warning signal to all the other players, there is little risk of accidentally bumping into another friendly player at close range (and someone getting startled and shooting the other for no reason).

And also, AKM is obviously good for defence against other people as well, when necessary. Which is the main purpose of having ANY weapon in this game anyway. The zeds can be hacked to pieces with the hatchet if it comes to that, you don't need any weapons for that. Its the other people you only need the weapons for.

Nowadays, I always go for the assault rifles right after spawn - there's plenty of them available if you know where to look (its frigging easier to find an assault rifle than a winny these days) :P. And since they are not as rare as the SD weapons/DMR/etc. so you don't come too attached to them and don't mind losing them when some bandit shoots you in the back.

I say AKM is the real surivor weapon. :P

Sadly alot of players, Most likely most of them will shoot on sight you get the rare friendly but when they get fed up of being killed by douches they will most likely join the kill on sight attuide, Best thing to do is group up

Bigger group = Less chance anyone will even come near you (obviously =D)

I use to play alone and out of the 100s of people i ran into i found 1 friendly so i grouped up with a few guys and anyone who came near was killed, You just don't know who to trust

Let me tell you a story.

I was sneaking around a little town in the country side (I'm a solo player, I avoid people so far), when I saw 2 guys running, followed by 3 zombis : "Help us, please ! oh my god ! help", I heard. I stood up, I ran towards their direction, and killed those zombies with my riffle, and talked with the 2 guys I just saved.

They were noob, and couldn't thank me enough. I went with them so as to get some weapons for both of them. I found them 2 hatchets, 1 makarov, and 1 crossbow : enough to survive. I could have killed them both so as to get some bandages, and maybe ammunitions. But I did not, because I'm the good type of guy in this game. I prefered helping them.

As soon as they put hands of their fresh new weapons, I ran and discretly disappeared in the woods. They never saw me again.

I'm a friendly survivor.