akrient

Serious FPS problems.

I have finished downloading Day Z recently. I entered the game, and encountered ridiculously low framerates. 24/7 I cannot even put my crosshairs onto an enemy and fire. This gaming experience is utterly miserable. I set all ingame video options to as low as possible. I have set the options as follows:

Visibility: 500

Quality Preference: Very low

Texture Detail: Low

Video Memory: Normal (I was told it improved framerates, not sure)

Anisotropic filtering: Disabled

Antialiasing: Disabled

ATOC: Disabled

Terrain detail: Very low

Objects detail: Very low

Shadow Detail: Disabled

HDR Quality: Normal (Lowest)

PPAA: Disabled

Postprocess effects: Disabled

Interface size: Normal

Aspect ratio: Normal

Vsync: Disabled

Interface resolution: 1366x768x32

3D resolution: 1366x768

Also, the specs on my Toshiba Laptop are:

Pentium Dual-Core CPU -- T4500 @ 2.30GHz

RAM: 4.00GB (3.87GB usable)

64 bit PC

I have also changed the MaxFramesAhead and DetectedFramesAhead to 1, along with

vsync=0

AToC=6

PPAA=0

PPAA_Level=0

I can run other games fairly well, such as World of Warcraft.

Any expertise that anyone can offer will be appreciated.

PS: I have set some of the Launch Parameters to help launch the game more smoothly, and I notice before I am actually ingame, the menus are really smooth, but the gameplay is terrible.

Your GPU?

That Processor isn't that great.

Arma II is a very processor intensive game.

Edited by OfficerRaymond
  • Like 1

Judging by the laptops hardware, You won't be able to run Arma II very good at all, no matter if your settings are low. Like the above poster said, Arma II is a very processor intense game, and your laptop doesn't seem to cut it, not even close.

The only thing I can suggest is if you have enough money stashed away somewhere and build your self a decent gaming PC, then you'll be able to play without it being so miserable.

Edited by RoxinHD

Also, the specs on my Toshiba Laptop are:

Pentium Dual-Core CPU -- T4500 @ 2.30GHz

RAM: 4.00GB (3.87GB usable)

64 bit PC

Your processor to start with. No clue on what gfx card you have.

I struggled on a 2.4 dual core. You need to up that monster to get good frames. You have everything cranked down but did you turn off mouse smoothing and just your 'framesahead'? You might get slightly better frames with that but not much. Playable if you can stand it. I did for quite a while but you honestly need to upgrade.

Edited by SausageKingofChicago

Your best bet would be to upgrade your computer, your CPU is lacking pretty bad. A good rule of thumb when buying a CPU for DayZ is to have one that has 3.0GHz or more, with this you should play the game just fine. 

I hope this helps. :)

Well on my POS laptop, i got dayz installed. It was a nightmare trying to play it. I looked for a solution to increase fps and found this:

http://dayz-survivor.com/2013/03/01/dayz-fps-arma2-config-fps-boost/

Followed that and i had my fps boost about 10 extra frames

K.

None of that is going to help OP. Nice ads bro.

Thanks for all your support guys, I'll definitely start looking into getting a new PC. Any suggestions? and perhaps reasons why it is the best choice?

Thanks for all your support guys, I'll definitely start looking into getting a new PC. Any suggestions? and perhaps reasons why it is the best choice?

Make sure that you have over 3.0GHz CPU and post the computer in this thread to make sure it will run DayZ wellhttp://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/136657-can-i-run-it-ask-here-2/

Well on my POS laptop, i got dayz installed. It was a nightmare trying to play it. I looked for a solution to increase fps and found this:

http://dayz-survivor.com/2013/03/01/dayz-fps-arma2-config-fps-boost/

Followed that and i had my fps boost about 10 extra frames

Get your fucking pathetic keystealing ass off these forums. Lowlife scum.

• Like 1

If you have the money....

Intel Core i5-3570k - $220

NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 4GB - $290

Then build your system with compatible parts around those two components, as those are the two things that are going to allow you to max out @ high-very high.

You honestly really won't have to spend a ton more than what I just listed. Get a generic case, mobo (make sure it's SLI compatible) 80+ bronze PSU (preferably 600+W), some fans, HDD, and everything else you need. I suggest asking around a site like http://www.tomshardware.com/ for compatibility. The hardest part about building a PC is getting parts that are compatible with each other. After that, it is just about being careful, or, honestly if you aren't comfortable building it yourself you can take it to a shop and pay maybe 70-130 to get it put together for you.

Or, you could browse around on newegg for something pre-built, but you'll end up paying more.

What is your $$$ range?

Here is an example of a great system that would run DayZ very smoothly:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883227480

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824116565

You'd drop a grand + accesories (mouse, Headset, keyboard, etc etc), but you'd run DayZ 40+ fps higher than what you were before. Also, you'd be able to buy games like Skyrim, Far Cry 3, BF3, or almost anything you'd like shy of Crysis 3 and be able to run it at levels you'd never even DREAM of with that laptop.

Edit: Previous monitor I listed was only 1600x900. EW!

Edited by OfficerRaymond

Thank you for your very extensive feedback. Graphics are not honestly my biggest worry, I just want to have a good smooth gaming experience. Perhaps you could recommend something cheaper around maybe the $500-$600 range? I'll definitely look into the options you listed, you seem to be very knowledgeable. 

Like I said before, graphics aren't the biggest priority for me.

Thank you for your very extensive feedback. Graphics are not honestly my biggest worry, I just want to have a good smooth gaming experience. Perhaps you could recommend something cheaper around maybe the $500-$600 range? I'll definitely look into the options you listed, you seem to be very knowledgeable. 

Like I said before, graphics aren't the biggest priority for me.

Hmm.... 500-600.... Idk.

You could browse around and ask around forums, but I can't recommend anything with faith.

If you're gonna upgrade to a Desktop, then DO NOT skimp. EVER! It'll be well worth the money if you do a lot of gaming on it.

Honestly, you could get the i5-3570k and something like a.... NVIDIA Geforce GTX 650 for $99 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130827) and still run everything on high. But like I said, it's all about compatible parts, and while I'm knowledgeable with GPUs and Processors, component compatibility is something I can't tell you about, as I haven't gotten that far into learning about PCs yet :P