Sign in to follow this  
kingofcrafting4

Wondering for some scavenging tips(won't play until standalone though)

I aws ophing I coudl get some tipes foar scavengeing so that I owuldnt die everey time I go to lectroa and gettin snipped,

Just kidding. I was wondering if anyone thought the standalone was worth it, or should I get the mod now. I was also wondering if anyone could give me some useful scavenging tips so I don't die on my first five minutes (Although I expect to with how much more dangerous the zombies will be).

I wouldn't worry about dying in your first few outings, especially if you spawn near Cherno or Elektro. That's half the fun.

My advice is to get a hatchet asap.  Check barns, industrial complexes, sheds etc. Once you have a hatchet zombies should be no problem for you. Then you just have to worry about other players.

And as for anyone thinking the Standalone is worth it - apart from Gummy, i think most people here will get the Standalone as soon as it is available.

But the only people I'ma get from a hatchet are snipers who don't notice me. And with the new zombies, melee is much less of an option. Rocket is vying to make you fire guns at zombies sometimes. I don't feel like risking melee because they can now knock you down and then I WILL get eaten. Although the rest sounds good. Do barns spawn good rifles anytime?

But the only people I'ma get from a hatchet are snipers who don't notice me. And with the new zombies, melee is much less of an option. Rocket is vying to make you fire guns at zombies sometimes. I don't feel like risking melee because they can now knock you down and then I WILL get eaten. Although the rest sounds good. Do barns spawn good rifles anytime?

CZs spawn rarely, but Winchesters and Enfields are relatively common in barns. I've also been able to find a compound crossbow in barns many times, but they aren't accurate at all and don't work well compared to the hatchet.

Edited by openfield

Zombies can still be taken down easily with a hatchet - aim for the head.  Even the stronger zombies go down with a headshot.  Make sure you only take on zombies indoors as once they hit the magical doorway they can only walk.

Note this technique will not work in the Standalone.

When you loot go for stealth go from bush to bush, if there are zombies re route abit because sometimes in big cities 1 zombie can be enough to attract more which can lead to a snipe from a bandit, dont always immediatly go to stations or military loot take it easy, once you find a gun leave the town/city and go somewhere small and come back later.

So, I've seen many YouTube videos on this game, and... It just seems... Like so much damn fun. I'm just asking if it's worth getting. I mean, I have to buy Arma 2 and the other expansion for it, which won't be much, but still... I don't really like getting games that I have to pay for, and later on noticing that it isn't worth it at all.

DayZ is VERY MUCH worth it. Contrary to belief, I bought Arma II only to play DayZ and have not regretted it for a second :D plus I expect the standalone to be buggy as all hell, so I can keep playing DayZ mod while the standalone is improved on.

Melee is VERY effective in dayz. You dont even have to aim for the head, just walk backwards and keep swinging. They'll go down in a hit or two. I've never gotten knocked down from melee as your swinging distance is about 3 meters (9 feet) so getting hit while walking backwards and swinging is very rare (This is all inside a building where they cannot run, of course)

here are some scavenging tips:

1: zombies are glitchy and cant hit you 99% of the time just ignore them.

2: m4a1's ect. spawn in places like the cherno docks and electro apartment complexes.

3: cars are too hard to fix, does this mean you shouldn't have one? no. kill someone and take theirs

4: the lee enfield is a good cqc weapon and should be used accordingly, if a zombie is causing too much trouble run into a city and kill it zombies cant run in cities.

5: the food/water stats don't work so just ignore them you wont die from it

6: the makarov is the most accurate pistol in the game it also has the highest damage.

7: the m14 aim and m107 are the two worst guns in this game they are the buggiest things ever and cant shoot strait at all.

8: build camps in the towns because you can loot daily and fill your tents up, the server population is so sparse over 200 square km that no one will go there

9: dont go in forests the tree roots break legs

10: dont shoot people you are a noob they are not usually they can teach you a thing or two.  B)

Find me, my name is rocket2guns on steam, i can teach you some things.  B)

here are some scavenging tips:

1: zombies are glitchy and cant hit you 99% of the time just ignore them.

2: m4a1's ect. spawn in places like the cherno docks and electro apartment complexes.

3: cars are too hard to fix, does this mean you shouldn't have one? no. kill someone and take theirs

4: the lee enfield is a good cqc weapon and should be used accordingly, if a zombie is causing too much trouble run into a city and kill it zombies cant run in cities.

5: the food/water stats don't work so just ignore them you wont die from it

6: the makarov is the most accurate pistol in the game it also has the highest damage.

7: the m14 aim and m107 are the two worst guns in this game they are the buggiest things ever and cant shoot strait at all.

8: build camps in the towns because you can loot daily and fill your tents up, the server population is so sparse over 200 square km that no one will go there

9: dont go in forests the tree roots break legs

10: dont shoot people you are a noob they are not usually they can teach you a thing or two.  B)

Find me, my name is rocket2guns on steam, i can teach you some things.  B)

wait... thats warz...