Sign in to follow this  
The Jackall

COMBAT LOG

Hi Guys

So last night me and my mates manage to get a Jeep and all 7 of us traveled around inland looking for crash sites (side note never travel with more than 2/3 people in a car with full gear). Few minutes in we got ambushed by 5 players in a Jeep standing in the middle of the road. They managed to shoot 2 of our players out of the car and the rest of us were taking cover behind the car. We managted to kille 2 of them and the others combat logged as they dissapeared of the grid. Now we lost 3 players with night vision, silenced main guns, dmr's on them and blood bags with antibiotics. I am really upset as we could have had a full out war and fight it out until one man or a few of us were left standing, but the combat logging prevented that.

I suggest the following and i am sure topics have been raised in the past about this. Why don’t they make it if you ctrl, alt and delete out of the game, or some event had to happen where your game crashed that your body stays in the game for 2min. I am sick and tired of people spoiling the gameplay it is intended for, and yes i am willing to sacrifice my gear if this had to happen to me.

What is your suggestions?

Edited by The Jackall
  • Like 1

They almost released a patch with a system like this a while back but took it out at the last minute. the problem is its impossible to tell the difference between someone who combat logs and someone who's game genuinely crashes, plus i imagine duping would be a major issue as Beck says.

Hasn't it been said over and over again that it'd be impossible to do due to an engine limitation in the net-code?

Edit; When they were designing the engine, they weren't considering the kinds of situations and conditions people might run into 5 years after the game's release.

Edited by Dancing.Russian.Man

Yeah, seems to me theres simply too much delay betweeen the client and the server database even on a good day, would lead an unreliable and very exploitable system.

Though Dayz Redux has a system where if you log out or disconnect in any way while in combat you simply die. but that probably a bit too brutal for the average player.

Edited by Fluxley

well atleast give a system that reports players leaving the server so you can get the names and report them to get banned.

The current system is if a player logs out while the combat timer is flashing it is reported in the server logs.

If you have someone combat log on you report as much info as you can to the admin. time, place, description of player, what weapons were involved, whether or not any one was actually hit. they can use this info to identify the player and then act as they see fit.

Some admins are more active in this department than others. but it is very difficult to be 100% sure that someone has combat logged.

i played on a minecraft server with something like this

if you didnt log out correctly you body would be their for a few mins

people could kill you and take your stuff

and when you logged back in you would be a fresh spawn

also logging out would take 10 or 30 seconds

it worked pretty well

Will people be able to combat log on standalone? Have they said anything on the matter yet?

Dean has said they are looking at a system like this where logging out leaves your body behind for x amount of time.

An issue with that though is that a player could log out of one server and immediately join another having a situation where the players character is on two servers at the same time.

As a fix they could have a timer preventing you from joining another server straight away, this would also help combat ghosting where a player jumps to a different server to relocate and then go back to the original server.