andrewmont

Tips for being a bandit?

I've started playing Day Z again and I'm usually just a survivor, not friendly to all but not KoS.

However I wanna hunt some players! My main problem is finding them, I've tried being a bandit before and I would go on high pop servers obviously, I always move place to place but even if I'm going to Stary then NWA then NEAF more often than not I don't run into anyone.

What tips do you have for an aspiring bandit?

PS. I'd rather not just sit and camp the same place for ages, if it maybe helps to watch for 10 minutes then move on I could live with that but none of this sitting on a hill for hours on end.

Also I ain't looking to kill Bambi's hence why I tend to stay away from the coast excluding Berezino.

Look into larger cities if you have a high powered rifle and just shoot whatever moves as the person above me said, if you have a full auto assualt rifle go into larger cities for more kills. Go up into northern towns if you're not just killing for fun, I've been on both sides lol.

Electro is a bandit-hub....dont go there! its famouse for bandits, and thus everyone avoids it if they can. try banditing bandits, they have good gear :D

don't listen to these hero/carebears :huh:

If you want to be a bandit then good for you. :thumbsup:

I am a bandit skin but not really a bandit because normally unless they have lee enfield ammo I don't care what they have.

I can give one good tips tho.

1 - Always keep close to the hospital in elektro. Very busy for targets and some will give you blood and then you can shoot if you want. :thumbsup:

Don't be stereotypical. If you truly want to be a bandit, try actually challenging yourself and robbing people instead of shooting unsuspecting survivors. If you die, you need more practice.

• Like 2

Don't be stereotypical. If you truly want to be a bandit, try actually challenging yourself and robbing people instead of shooting unsuspecting survivors. If you die, you need more practice.

Yep, as designer said, do not be a 10 year old KOS bandit, be a REAL bandit scare the minds of the innocent while you are robbing their souls. Let them go with a time bomb strapped to their chest. Oh wait. Dean Please.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the replies. I think I've found the right balance for me, I shall be a 'nice bandit'..of sorts.

pay close attention to side chat if you cant find anyone, every few minutes someone will broadcast their* location....makes it easy, almost too easy B)

Edited by Skinwalker
  • Like 1

If looking you're looking for good loot, don't run into cities, run around cities. For example You head to elektro with any entry level weapon (even a hatchet is alright) and check all the spots you think snipers would be, where you would snipe etc. I have once found a fully geared dead body just by running ontop of sniper hill and listening for shots or flies.

For one don't attack everyone you see. You'll die that way. Scope them out for a bit to see if they have a team. This has been very helpful to me in many other apocalypse simulators.

two, don't be surprised if you die. Some people (See frankieonpc) are just beast at fighting.

Three, if you intend on robbing someone, break their legs. Take their stuff, walk a fair distance away, drop a morphine, and then leave. By the time they get to the morphine, you'll be long gone.

If anyone thinks these are bad, just tell me.

• Like 1

you cant be afraid to lie and backstab kill everyone and run around te coast killing new players

• Like 1