Storm Slider

What do you think is the best sidearm in DayZ? (besides silenced pistols

Weapons  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think is the best sidearm in DayZ? (besides silenced pistols)

• G17
    • M1911
    • M9
    • Revolver
    • PDW
    • Makarov

All sidearms are awful, because for some reason A2 pistols do almost no damage. But, I think the G17 or the PDW are the best...

Back when the 1911 wasn't nerfed and was a one-shot-kill, I would have voted for that. Since then, I use the axe. I don't even bother with pistols anymore. Why draw the attention?

G17 of course! The flashlight has a major advantage, Especially when people think your running around in the dark with a flashlight. It saved my ass a bunch of times.Getting held up by people who think I have a flashlight and then getting shot in the face. Even had a couple of them call me a hacker because i killed them with a flashlight.lmfao

• Like 1

PDW, or PDW SD if i can find one (not sure if its in vanilla or just breaking point). Takes lots of mags which means that i will pretty much never run out.

G17 of course! The flashlight has a major advantage, Especially when people think your running around in the dark with a flashlight. It saved my ass a bunch of times.Getting held up by people who think I have a flashlight and then getting shot in the face. Even had a couple of them call me a hacker because i killed them with a flashlight.lmfao

Why would you ever ever use a flashlight in the middle of the night, its like a bright sign for everyone to come and kill you...

Why would you ever ever use a flashlight in the middle of the night, its like a bright sign for everyone to come and kill you...

Yea why would anyone ever use a flashlight when it's dark..

PDW, same reasons as stated before. It takes so many types of ammo. Also, the Makarov due to it's abundance of ammo in loot spawns.

Lol nobody likes M9

Way too strange and nothing especial about it, I'd rather use a makarov before an M9

It's a shame, I really wanted to get an M9 when I first started playing (mostly due to John McClane) but it was a bit disappointing when I finally did.. It doesn't sound right to me when it's fired. Now if they are redone for the SA, and you can remove your shoes and wear a white vest, then it'll be yippee Ki-yay motherfucking zombies

poll is wrong. no Makarov. >:(

I explained already why is best but I am very annoyed that the OP don't put Mak DaDDy in the poll.

Is commonest gun and with commonest ammo. Headshot kill no problems for Mak Daddy. I killed more with Mak than other pistols.

My only handgun murder was done with an M9, but G17 is easily the best one. 1911's accuracy and sights are just straight up terrible.

Edited by Sutinen

Wait....the G17 has a built in flashlight?

Playing for about a year, still a clueless noob.