• Announcements

samazooks

dayz origins salvation city/sector B

5 posts in this topic

so i got a few questions about sector B/Salvation city

how many body shots with a bison SD with SD rounds will it take to kill a sector B/Salvation city Guard?

how many headshots?

do they notice flashlights?

will they notice smoke grenades?

im trying to get the mayors blueprints and make a guide for this so any help is appreciated.

Hey man, just some tips and tricks I've been having / finding out recently from my trips to Sec B.

- Landing on the top / industrial side with a heli typically can end very badly, they will shoot out your engine even if you're under the tree line.

- Moving in from the opposite side of the island slowly works for me 100% of the time so far as long as you take it slow, go in from the trees, make a right at the hole and take out the snipers on the silo's (I've only checked their gear twice and never received loot from em sadly fyi)

- While/after taking these guys out, make sure to keep cover from the ~4 guards on top of the yellow square building past the trees.

- Next take out those ~4 guards on the roof of that big yellow building that sometimes spawns the ural inside of it

- Camp this building if you have a ranged weapon to get out the LMG vehicles on top of the apartment buildings / firehouse

- After taking out all you can see run straight (north?) of the yellow building where you should see two praga's, kind of behind the school towards the dense forrest

- In the dense forrest there's sometimes 1-2 NPC's, careful with them they typically have PKM's and I've seen a dragunov off em once.

- Work your way in the forrest to the far tower next to the wall and try to snipe the LMG on top of the mayors house

- ????

- Profit

thor-force.de/salvation-city-tactical-map

This awesome map shows most of the locations of the guards there, it should be helpful. The entrance I suggest going in through is the bottom one on the map.

I play on "Stranger-Danger" in a group called RTP, we have a nice group that frequents the island and recently I've wanted to start clearing it. I cleared half the island with a PKM I picked off a guard because making a noobish mistake. If anyone would like to join hit me up!

Always try to have a decent amount of cover, and when you're moving, know where you're going to go. Honestly it's all an experience thing, that's all I can think of right now it's been a long night but hope some of this helped :D

PPPPS... Killing the Mayor apparently attracts ALL the guards on the island. Don't do this unless you're ready for extraction and/or have killed all the guards on the island.

1) Editing in because I didn't answer any of your questions. To get the blueprints follow what I said basically clearing your way from the yellow house on that side of the map forward, a few decent shots with assault rifles will get you out there, my group has gotten the plans 2 or 3 times now and we're not all that careful. Someone taking their time and learning everything could easily clear it as long as your careful.

2) They notice flashlights for sure, I've heard they won't see you in the ural at night though (not confirmed)

3) Smoke I'm curious it'd be a good distraction with a GL to get safe, let me know what you find out!

4) Bison SD is a pretty crap gun :P Try to get an assault rifle in there if you can, if you're flying in check if the ural is in that yellow square building - when it is I find we have a MUCH better survival rate, and you can always hit that ural in 10 minutes easy and get out with the Mega, Travelers, and plenty of other supplies and guns from the truck. Make sure you watch the roof's when you go in!

Best of luck on your trips!

Flip

Edited by Fliptc
samazooks likes this

Hey man, just some tips and tricks I've been having / finding out recently from my trips to Sec B.

- Landing on the top / industrial side with a heli typically can end very badly, they will shoot out your engine even if you're under the tree line.

- Moving in from the opposite side of the island slowly works for me 100% of the time so far as long as you take it slow, go in from the trees, make a right at the hole and take out the snipers on the silo's (I've only checked their gear twice and never received loot from em sadly fyi)

- While/after taking these guys out, make sure to keep cover from the ~4 guards on top of the yellow square building past the trees.

- Next take out those ~4 guards on the roof of that big yellow building that sometimes spawns the ural inside of it

- Camp this building if you have a ranged weapon to get out the LMG vehicles on top of the apartment buildings / firehouse

- After taking out all you can see run straight (north?) of the yellow building where you should see two praga's, kind of behind the school towards the dense forrest

- In the dense forrest there's sometimes 1-2 NPC's, careful with them they typically have PKM's and I've seen a dragunov off em once.

- Work your way in the forrest to the far tower next to the wall and try to snipe the LMG on top of the mayors house

- ????

- Profit

This awesome map shows most of the locations of the guards there, it should be helpful. The entrance I suggest going in through is the bottom one on the map.

I play on "Stranger-Danger" in a group called RTP, we have a nice group that frequents the island and recently I've wanted to start clearing it. I cleared half the island with a PKM I picked off a guard because making a noobish mistake. If anyone would like to join hit me up!

Always try to have a decent amount of cover, and when you're moving, know where you're going to go. Honestly it's all an experience thing, that's all I can think of right now it's been a long night but hope some of this helped :D

PPPPS... Killing the Mayor apparently attracts ALL the guards on the island. Don't do this unless you're ready for extraction and/or have killed all the guards on the island.

1) Editing in because I didn't answer any of your questions. To get the blueprints follow what I said basically clearing your way from the yellow house on that side of the map forward, a few decent shots with assault rifles will get you out there, my group has gotten the plans 2 or 3 times now and we're not all that careful. Someone taking their time and learning everything could easily clear it as long as your careful.

2) They notice flashlights for sure, I've heard they won't see you in the ural at night though (not confirmed)

3) Smoke I'm curious it'd be a good distraction with a GL to get safe, let me know what you find out!

4) Bison SD is a pretty crap gun :P Try to get an assault rifle in there if you can, if you're flying in check if the ural is in that yellow square building - when it is I find we have a MUCH better survival rate, and you can always hit that ural in 10 minutes easy and get out with the Mega, Travelers, and plenty of other supplies and guns from the truck. Make sure you watch the roof's when you go in!

Flip

thanks that was a lot of help im gonna try to find an m4 sopmod soon anyways

- ????

- Profit

Flip

Lol, I know of you guys.

Constantly camping houses

Edited by OfficerRaymond