Sign in to follow this  
m_mitchell

Fix the hosptials?

4: This is a minor one, but still one that irritates the hell out of me every time I go to a hospital. WHAT THE HELL IS THAT GLASS MADE OUT OF?

If you're having trouble breaking the hospital glass here's a top tip, the glass panes to the far left or far right will break easily with one or two hits, even with a thrown tin can. the ones in the middle are pretty much laced with Adamantium. also hitting the notice board on the front of the hospital causes all the glass to instantly break, something to do with voodoo i think.

• Like 1

I had real problems at first when the patch came out with infection because I was still playing dayZ like it was the previous patch. Now, I hate that infection causes death, I wish it jsut kept your health at 1000 or so until cured. But I get infected much less often now. I changed the way I played. Of course, my life is one unending quest for antibiotics, and I feel naked if I dont have at least one in my backpack lol

It seems the way the zeds are stealth is insanely hard to successfully use which I am on with I'm OK with the pushdown thing and even the infection rate I only have two problems how fast it kills you I think that should be tweaked down just a bit and the fact it can kill you. I feel if you can get infected that easily and with no alternative cures or treatments I think it should just really weaken you like maybe down to 3k blood?

As I said in other topic before, I like the fear of being bitten by a zombie. It brings that "The Walking Dead" sensation (if they bite you, you're screwed). I'm sure the devs are working in the next patch and will tweak the loot tables to make the mod a little more balanced between gameplay/fun and the harshness the game is supposed to bring. But, IMHO, they are pointing the development to the right direction.

• Like 1

They are permanently making the game more difficult, and everyone is telling people to adapt. Not everyone can adapt to this, and forcing it more difficult pretty much swiped away the people that's not very good at the game.

They are permanently making the game more difficult

You must respect the learning curve. The dificulty lies on doing everything you use to do before the patch. If you explore a little bit more, you'll see the game is as easy as it was, but respecting some aspect of "realism". It should be impossible to cross a horde whitout being ripped apart. Some of 1.6.*.* mechanics was a joke. You just could stay dancing between 30 zombies whitout being hit. I know the actual patch is not perfect and need some balance but, again, is a work in progress.

You must respect the learning curve. The dificulty lies on doing everything you use to do before the patch. If you explore a little bit more, you'll see the game is as easy as it was, but respecting some aspect of "realism". It should be impossible to cross a horde whitout being ripped apart. Some of 1.6.*.* mechanics was a joke. You just could stay dancing between 30 zombies whitout being hit. I know the actual patch is not perfect and need some balance but, again, is a work in progress.

I do respect the learning curve, but other people don't. Some people might not be as good as others on adapting to the game, and that pretty much makes it impossible for them to play.

I do respect the learning curve, but other people don't. Some people might not be as good as others on adapting to the game, and that pretty much makes it impossible for them to play.

I guess it's just there is so much irritation in that curve like for instance when I ran in a barn and had to run out seconds before they cornered me... As soon as I stepped out I was hit and stumbled then hit another 50 times becoming infected. And just today I came up on an infected survivor camp and then a zombie appeared and I tried to hit it but it zig zagged and hit me infecting me and leaving me bleeding with no bandages because I used them from when i glitched on rocks twice and bled from that.

I agree with OP. 16 hours in and I still have never found antibiotics. Not in any of the buildings, including hospitals. They simply need to spawn more. I mean before, if in a city, I'd go and get a pack just to have a complete inventory. But never got sick except once when I didn't boil water. Sickness goes up. Antibs go down. Doesn't make a lick of sense. Since in 16 hours I've never found them in either an urban or rural environment, I usually end the game. Am I going to find them after 17 hours? Maybe. But that is a sad sad ratio. They shouldn't be everywhere. But they should be somewhere. There should be someplace to go with a good chance of having them. Am I going to hunt and eat for 17 hours straight just to find them? Finding antibs is like a gps used to be.

• Like 1

Just a quick update. I finally found my first pack of antibiotics since 1.7.6.1 ... woo-bloody-hoo ... at a crash site. Blind luck that they spawned there, though it was a little tense avoiding the military zeds and several virals to get them. After scavenging far and wide for the last few days, I managed to find four wheels, some scrap and a couple of jerrys to get the UAZ in motion, but don't want to play so long for so little again.

The constancy of your frustration is proportional to how much you insist to play the way you used to before the patch. You need to adapt your gameplay.

I know it's not perfect, but it's a work in progress. If you stop and think about the "in game situation", it would be stupid run around the city and looting stuff. You should get killed for doing that. Considering the vast majority of zombie fiction available, It just makes sense.

You can't really sneak into a city. A zombie or player will see you and something will happen so it just becomes all the more frustrating. And many times a combination things are getting me. Like having this now high bleeding chance which doesn't happen too much if your careful but say there are a few zombies chasing you and you need to take them out. While your trying to do so and they are zig zagging many times you shoot the zombie in the chest with a fairly powerful weapon but to little avail it doesn't do much because it's this "viral" zombie which is 3x powerful with no indication that he is until you see he has more health. Then he hits you and infects and/or makes you bleed. Now your out of bandages from bleeding from the last few zombies previously and you can't use clothes, your hands(hold the wound to slow the bleeding), toilet paper, or anything else that could possibly help. So you kill a few zombies and grab a bandage off one. Well your still going to die from this infection because you aren't likely to find antibiotics in which the time it takes for the infection to kill you in a few minutes. It's kinda like why do they keep adding these extremely unforgiving functions to these broken zombies ( 75% because of limitations and 25% because it's testing ). I'd much rather have zeds you can't kill without head shots and die during the encounter rather than 3 hours after looking for antibiotics which is probably going to be found based on your luck. Edited by M_Mitchell

There should definitely be more antibiotics or other ways to get well, but otherwise I don't mind the high risk around zombies.. that's exactly how it should be. The zombies need to be the biggest risk and not just be ignorable as they have been all along. I've had a couple of interesting games keeping myself alive through hunting whist running across the map trying to find antibiotics. Made it a proper survival game.

You can't really sneak into a city.

That's the thing. It's not about being sneaky. It's about being killed if you get inside a city. Did you ever watched any zombie movie? The city should be a death trap.

That's the thing. It's not about being sneaky. It's about being killed if you get inside a city. Did you ever watched any zombie movie? The city should be a death trap.

The whole point of zombie movies is to put the actors in a city to put them in a "ditch". If you're gonna live in the forest all the time, then how can it possibly be fun? Your biggest goal then would be to kill goats and boil water just to keep your meters up, it wouldn't be fun at all. inb4 you say "Yes but if you go to a city you deserve to die", well, what should you do to make DayZ fun? Run to an airfield?

I've lived almost a week on running around in a forest surviving on only animals and water, I currently have a Ghillie suit, lots of food / drink supplies, some medical supplies, antibiotics, m4 CCO SD and a place to live, pretty much. But what is my goal now? Keep surviving like this forever? I can't go to cities, because of the zombies and rare to find antibiotics. I can't sneak in cities because zombies see you no matter what, unless it's night. I can't go to airfields, people sit there with snipers unless the server is empty.

I've watched plenty of zombie films over the decades and they are almost universally crap. The cities in them are not death traps. Survivors mostly end up getting killed because the plot is clumsily manipulated to have them make stupid mistakes and/or unrealistic decisions. Basically they die because a stereotype zombie plot, like most horror, has to have people be stupid and die.

Both Chernogorsk and Berezino hospitals are on the edge of town, so they're not that risky to reach anyway. All they need is a little more consistency on the loot front, as do the other locations. Loot doesn't have to be much more common, just a bit more relevant and a bit less random ... oh and not have one item of each type appear all over the place in waves.

What is it with that lots of one item syndrome? For example, when a whole town has watches, road flares, toilet roll and Makarov mags in almost every building. Then an hour later, nothing but razors, chem lights, pepsi and binoculars. The loot spawn probabilities seem to have been broken in vanilla DayZ in that respect for ages ... which is tied to the antibiotics being such a lottery, but I guess is also another topic.

Sneaking into cities in Chernarus, is easy.. Wait until dusk or pre-dawn, when the light is poor and be economical with light sources ... or use ambient light.

Those trying during the day, should expect an asshat to use them for target practice if seen, or the magic eye to give them away to the zeds when they step on a hard surface.

I still think it is a clumsy and contrived nerf to keep players off roads, that asphalt makes players much more easily detected than gravel or grass. Gravel would be much louder than asphalt ... and the real clumsy part? How the hell does a road make players more visible (yes, watch the eye icon) than the gravel or grass next to it?. Another topic as well I guess.

Edited by RN_Max
  • Like 1

I thought this thread would be about the strange glitches where you can kind of crawl into the roof but it wasn't which is a surprise.

I thought this thread would be about the strange glitches where you can kind of crawl into the roof but it wasn't which is a surprise.

Can you? Never tried that one. If so, well done and add it to the list.

This is a great thread. Good to see some people know how to handle the changes and aren't freaking out now that "the game is hard".

Sickness goes up. Antibs go down. Doesn't make a lick of sense.

Would you prefer sickness goes up -> anti-b's go up? Wouldn't that defeat the purpose and result in no change to the challenge?

Are you kidding? Let's recount my last Elektro run:

I wanted an AKM (my favorite weapon in the game) and some ammo, and maybe ammo for my M1911. Naturally, I went to 2 fire stations, 1 residential building, and a shopping center. I got:

Shopping center:

The big funnel backpack I can't remember the name of, for the life of me. Czech bag?

2 antibiotics.

Bandages.

Flares.

Lee enfield magazines

Fire Station 1:

Antibiotics

PDW magazine

A second M1911

AKM magazine (jackpot!)

Residential:

Food

Lee Enfield magazine.

2nd Fire Station:

AKM (holy crap!)

AKM magazine

3rd M1911

Bandages

And then I ran by the smaller, lesser-banditalized hospital by the apartments and got antibiotics, antibiotics, blood bags, morphine, painkillers, and some food from a dead player + his fire axe.

This was on a 30 something player server.

• Like 1

Can you? Never tried that one. If so, well done and add it to the list.

You can. It's great for hiding and scaring the hell out of new players. I have a 70% fall-through-the-roof-and-die success ratio though.

I still think it is a clumsy and contrived nerf to keep players off roads, that asphalt makes players much more easily detected than gravel or grass. Gravel would be much louder than asphalt ... and the real clumsy part? How the hell does a road make players more visible (yes, watch the eye icon) than the gravel or grass next to it?. Another topic as well I guess.

DayZ's quiet-and-loud system works not only by movement type and posture, but by surface material. Because the forest-grass and the city-grass use the same "Material" as far as the game engine cares, what is true for the forest must be true for the city. Thusly, if you wish to be quiet and hidden among trees (out of the city keeping your detection ratings low) then you must accept also being "Hidden" while on grass in the city.

This cannot be changed unless Rocket-and-the-team create an entirely new Chernarus with independant textures created for "City grass" and "Forest grass," which is hopefully being done as we speak.

I wanted an AKM (my favorite weapon in the game) and some ammo, and maybe ammo for my M1911. Naturally, I went to 2 fire stations, 1 residential building, and a shopping center. I got:

Shopping center:

The big funnel backpack I can't remember the name of, for the life of me. Czech bag?

2 antibiotics.

Bandages.

Flares.

Lee enfield magazines

Fire Station 1:

Antibiotics

PDW magazine

A second M1911

AKM magazine (jackpot!)

Residential:

Food

Lee Enfield magazine.

2nd Fire Station:

AKM (holy crap!)

AKM magazine

3rd M1911

Bandages

And then I ran by the smaller, lesser-banditalized hospital by the apartments and got antibiotics, antibiotics, blood bags, morphine, painkillers, and some food from a dead player + his fire axe.

OMG THE GAME IZ TO HARD NOW, ITS RUINED!

Shopping center:

2 antibiotics.

Bandages.

Flares.

Lee enfield magazines

Fire Station 1:

Antibiotics

PDW magazine

A second M1911

AKM magazine (jackpot!)

Residential:

Food

Lee Enfield magazine.

2nd Fire Station:

AKM (holy crap!)

AKM magazine

3rd M1911

Bandages

Count yourself incredibly lucky, cause you don't get a run like that twice.

After a few days playing on this latest patch i would say (imo) that it is definitely heading in a better direction. Nice work Razor and crew :thumbsup: the zeds have been a joke for so long i forgot what it was like to be worried about them, and the loot was so plentiful i could be fully geared within under an hour of play and sitting back with a multiple choice of weapons wondering which sniper i should throw away.

much better señor.

• Like 2