macwireworld

RIP GB Wireworld Server - it was a lot fun.....

I've often wondered if someone could mod the dog that was in the game to roam around randomly in small packs and attack players from time to time.

Maybe.......... :)

Feels like the barracks and military loot in general is still a little too good, but maybe i am just too used to shit loot all over the place. Anyone else feels the same?

Feels like the barracks and military loot in general is still a little too good

I'm having a hard time gearing up.

I'm not sure when the stats started, but it says I've been in game for 19 hours; I thought it was more like eight hours.

Anyway, I've hardly seen any scoped weapons in that time, either at the barracks or Stary tents.

The last six hours I've just been raiding just those two places, and all I've got to show for it is a Czech pack, DMR and an MP5A5 machine gun.

My primary weapon is still the AK-74 that I found shortly after spawning.

I saw an SA-58 CCO at the barracks, but it didn't have ammo, and I didn't have a large backpack at that point so I had to leave it.

There was also a SAW there once, but the zombies made me evacuate before I could take it.

Apart from that, these places are 80% empty and have crap weapons that are not worth taking.

However, there are mechanics in place that may be making loot rarer for me than other players.

1) I haven't seen the code, but from experience it seems that if you're a lone player, you spawn less loot than if in a group.

If a building has 9 loot spots, each with a 30% chance of spawning loot, then the first player 'rolls the dice', and maybe spawns loot in three spots. If you're alone, that's it - you have to wait fifteen minutes at a distance for another 'role of the dice'. However, the second player in a group 'rolls his dice' for the remaining spots, and could spawn loot on another two or three spots. A third player also gets to 'roll the dice' again, and can spawn loot on some of the remaining spots. So a group of three approaching that same building will likely fill most of the spots, compared to a lone player who fills just two or three.

2) I have seen the code for this - v1.7.7 has frame rate optimisation in it that penalises players with low frame rates.

Players who have 14-20 FPS will spawn 50% less loot and less zombies than player with 60 FPS, in order to try to give them a handful of extra frames. This is misguided in my opinion. I'd much rather have full loot and zombies than five extra frames (which I don't even seem to get anyway). It means that I have to visit far more loot spots than someone with higher frame rate, which means much more wasted time travelling and waiting, and increased risk of being sniped while looting.

If both the above are true, then that might account for our differing experiences. I'm enjoying it the server though. The zombies are really tough without being too annoying, and you have to shoot some of them while looting. That's new for me - I've never bothered shooting zombies before, and now I'm forced to.

I don't mind if the loot is made slightly worse - it would still be better than vanilla v1.7.7.x.

Anyway, there's 24 tents on the server now, so maybe I'll have better luck just stealing all your gear!

Edited by Anti

Will we be up and running soon, Mac? Missing the old girl now that she is much more playable than 1.7.7.1!

Server is back up, had 3 days away, can't believe it crashed while was away, first crash in months FFS.

Sent you a message Re: Whitelisting, Mac.

Hey Bri,

Youre still whitelisted m8!

Kind regards

Mac

• Like 1

I think most people were more worried about the possible circumstances of your absence than the server being down!

Welcome back!

Mac, relieved you were away on a holiday. Other thoughts had went through my mind, which I didn't want to express/discuss on a public forum. Glad you're back in one piece and ready to save the day.

I think most people were more worried about the possible circumstances of your absence than the server being down!

Welcome back!

Nice to be missed :P

Mac, relieved you were away on a holiday. Other thoughts had went through my mind, which I didn't want to express/discuss on a public forum. Glad you're back in one piece and ready to save the day.

No need to go there Jake, everything is going ok! :D

Kind regards

Mac

Mac, do stashes count towards the tent count stat?

Hey Jake, they don't at the moment but I'll update the stats at some point so they do.

Just so everyone knows, I'm having a bit of a summer break with my beautiful wife at the moment now my chemo has finished. Far too nice here in the UK to be in Cheneraus. I'll be back when the weather breaks and I suggest every one does the same... :D :D :D

I am keeping an eye on the server and white list applications too.

Kind regards

Mac

Hey Wireworld Gamers,

I've just built a Zoombies DayZ for Arma 3 Server and it's brilliant fun. Details on our TS3 Server if anyone want's to try it out. The RealDayZ server is still up too.

Common Arma3 Zoombies problems:

Q: I started loading and then I get "Arma 3 has stopped working," and my game crashes every time I try to join a Server!

A: Solution: Launch the game via the Zoombies Launcher, go in the Editor and start Chernarus. Create a unit by double clicking anywhere on the 2D map that loads. Change the faction to PMC and the Unit to Guardian. The hit preview. Stay in the world for about a minute then leave and join our server.

Q: I can't find the Wireworld Arma3 DayZ Server in the in-game browser!

A: It's bugged! Just the Server Browser built into the Zoombies Launcher

Enjoy!

Kind regards

Mr Mac

Dayz on Arma3 looks like High Definition compared to Arma2! Inventory system also looks so much better. Will take a bit of time to adjust to the looks and controls, but it is the next step. Standalone? I'm not too fussed at the moment.

RealDayz still the best Arma2 Dayz server.

• Like 1

So what do you need from me to get me and 2 friends whitelisted for 3 slots total ?

Has anyone heard from Mac since last week? Hope it all went well.

Best wishes Mac. My thoughts are with you.

Has anyone heard from Mac since last week? Hope it all went well.

Best wishes Mac. My thoughts are with you.

Hi Anti, a few big bumps since my surgery but it's 9 days since they sliced and diced me and I'm doing ok and the operation went very well :)

Nice to hear from you m8...

If you want to keep in touch we have a new TS3 server called Soho Wales with the usual password..

Kindest regards

Mac

Hey Wireworld gamers,

Just to let you know that the server I rented has been turned off by the new owners of Wireworld and I didn't get a chance to get any data off it as it happened while I was in Hospital :(

If you want to keep in touch we have a new TS3 server called Soho Wales, usual password

Mac

Fuck... my heart just jumped into my throat when I caught a glimpse of the new thread title: 'RIP....'.

I'm very relieved that it was just the server!

I played some v1.8 today, and quite liked it.

Maybe instead of running a server, we should play on someone else's for a while though?

Having said that, my workload isn't really allowing me much game-time at the moment.

I'll catch you on Teamspeak sometime.

Fuck... my heart just jumped into my throat when I caught a glimpse of the new thread title: 'RIP....'.

I'm very relieved that it was just the server!

Oops!

Sorry Anti, didn't mean to scare you m8 :D

It would be very nice to catch up sometime. Hope all is good with you and the family.

Take care

Mac