TheRaptorFence

How Did You First Become a Bandit?

Well, i knew from past and from movies about surviving.

NEVER TRUST ANYONE.

Being friendly was never my forte so I had no intentions of being friendly on DayZ. I just love killing people (in game obv) First signs of a serial killer? I hope not but we'll see how it goes :rolleyes:

The trick is, make people believe that you're friendly. Stupid? No actually. Tones in your voice makes the victim not feel threatened, then when the opportunity is right, when you are fighting off zombies. Stick him up, start shouting, shooting close to him "PUT YOUR WEAPONS ON THE GROUND" and things like "I WILL HAVE NO REGRETS". Doing repeatedly that will make them panic and if they don't comply... You know the drill soldier.

It's an eat or be eaten world. Choose your fate..

I just started playing with other bandits.

In the beginning i tried being friendly. It just didn't work. There was too much backstabbing and people killing on sight..

So Unlike most players I became a hero very fast and tried helping people instead I'd always get shot repeatedly. One day I had enough I approached a guy who had very good weapons he asked for food and water. I felt guilty for shooting him and I said sorry pal before planting A Lee Enfield Bullet between his eyes. I went from Lvl 3 Hero to bandit in under an hour. And I'm never ever becoming a Hero again.

I have very few people which log-on to a server and I'll ask them for a Blood-Bag. I have been playing as a nice guy...I just can't do it anymore. It has become the most frustrating thing. Just about an hour ago I notice this gumby strolling into Cherno Firestation...(i was perched on the lower maintenance roof viewing the garage) Anyways... I was talking to him got a response saying he was a friendly (of course)  What do you know I watch this guy with my M14 for 10 mins tracking him. making sure he is gonna stick to his word. I took cover in one of the many restaurants. Help this guy with some antibiotics. And he freaking shoots me in the face. Just another reason to Kill on Sight. Unarmed or not. I could have taken that fag out numerous times. But once again, It's not in my morales to shoot some guy I just helped.

Being a hero just seems like too big of job.

It's the main reason why I shoot first then ask questions later. Maybe a T-Bag while I'm at it.

So, how did you choose the dark side?

I think dark side chose me for a long time ago. There was something in darkness what called me in. In DayZ I really cant even join in a group of bandits in random games because I just have to murder some of my team mates too. Maybe most sickest bandits in DayZ could murder some folks with me... Never mind if my axe goes thru your skull sometimes or your axe in my brain...

At the beginning I want to say hi as I'm new to the forum.

So there was no real moment actually I became a bandit. It was all cumulating as I was getting killed by other players. The moment I went fully bandit, was when I met a bandit dude In Komarovo in a metal shed. I had an enfield, he had a hatchet. I told him not to come close to me. He said ok and we talked for several minutes. He said he is waiting for his friend so I waited with him thinking I would go with them. Then a fully geared bandit came in. First time in my dayz experience I saw an M 107. They were exchanging loot and I was staring at them.Then one moment the M 107 guy turnes at me and shoots me in the face. I said if I killed that dude, I'd have the best gear I could imagine of. So I said to myself that Im so stupid and began to bandit. Well the thrill of killing people also convinced me. :D

• Like 1

One day, within my first week of playing the game, I spawned in at Kamyshovo and ran to rog. Got some good loot so headed on my way. Not knowing where I was going, I found a Helicopter crash and I thought I was the luckiest guy in the world. It had Nvgs, Ghillie suit and an FN Fal. Well I decided that I needed to go into a town to gather some supplies so I went into the town in the distance, little did I know it was Stary. Well I was in the store when I see someone outside so I start to talk to him in direct chat when he suddenly shoots me and that's when I stopped being nice to everyone.

Of course there are people I find on the coast and offer them lifts in my vehicles but most of the time I will kill them, freshspawn or not, their dead.

I'm not a bandit and I never play as one, but I do have a bandit skin on one server and it's only because me and like 5 other guys had a battle at Balora with our G17s that we spawned with. We kept getting lucky and spawning close to Balora and just had some good fun. I was on a kill streak and then randomly switched into a bandit skin. So that's how I became a bandit, on that server. I then left Balora, found a Lee Enfield and spotted another bandit crawling through some grass past a warehouse. I ran up behind him and shot him in the ass. Fun times..

I remember the last kill that ended up with me becoming a bandit =[ I spawned in Balota, got a pistol, a hatchet and some food and drink. I got infected... So I had no chance to get antibiotics, so I ran to Kamenka to give another fresh spawn my stuff.. Figured he would be able to survive better with it. I ran up to him and called out, asked him to stop that I wanted to give him my stuff. I only had my hatchet in my primary, so its not like I was chasing him with the glock. But he just kept running away from me.. I chased him. I was annoyed. I became angry that he would not stop and let me help him. So I caught up to him and I broke his legs with the hatchet, and then bandaged him to stop him from running away. He would not reply in direct voice, so I typed "Why wouldn't you stop?" and he replied back with "Why the hell would I stop? Voice doesn't work, and some guy is chasing me with a hatchet!"

I felt so bad I asked if he wanted me to put him out, or if he would rather crawl back down the hill into Kamenka to find a zombie. He asked for the axe.