TheRaptorFence

How Did You First Become a Bandit?

I remember my very first time I ever dealt with a person. I was just getting the hang of the game, trying to make my way to Cherno (I was familiar with Arma2 and thought it'd be smart to head to the biggest city...) and had just found my first gun, a Makarov, and thought I was the shiz being all sneaky and stocking up on beans. I heard a person say something....was that my name I just heard? I turned around and this guy was saying "Hey, Raptor, hey..." and when I turned around he blew my legs out from under me, instantly crippling me, and then ran off laughing. I tried to crawl away but the zombies ran to his blast...

But that wasn't the turning point for me. No, I thought I could be the courageous one after that. I could be the hero. I could be the one to hunt people like him and put them down!

So I played and played, always saying "Friendly!" and sometimes getting a good response, and sometimes and axe to the skull. Until one day I was in Electro, had fresh-spawned, found a Kobra and was making my way out of town. I hadn't seen anyone yet and decided I could make one more pass through the supermarket...and as I ran up I froze, seeing this guy with a Lee Enfield in my face. My gun was raised, so was his, we just stood staring at each other. I was telling myself "If he shoots, you shoot." And he does, and surprisingly misses. I pump a half-clip into him, he's dead with a headshot by the third bullet. I run up to him, all jittery from the encounter, and start looting him when I turn back and realize that there is a dead zombie behind me, with a couple buddies waltzing through the door. It hits me...this guy was trying to save my life, shooting the zombies behind me that I hadn't noticed. I'd killed...a friendly.

The guilt hits, I'm just talking into direct as if he can hear me, telling him I'm leaving his body intact, so sorry, and then shots fill the air, an AK-74. I'm thinking "I'm dead, I'm dead," but it just impacts glass. His travel buddy had seen the encounter, thought I was a bandit, and was trying to exact revenge. He ran me all the way to the firehouse by the factory, shooting the whole time. I got to the ladder, climbed to the roof, watched as he desperately tried to fend off zombies with his sidearm cursing at me. He went down not soon after.

It was here that I realized there is no good in DayZ. It doesn't matter what you do, how much you give, how much you team, how many you save. Because in the end, we all die...we all end back crawling out of the surf. It doesn't matter if it's a zombie, or a bandit, or your teammate ran you over. Because in DayZ, we can't ever win, we can only die...

...And if I'm going to die, I might as well speed things up for everyone else. Because it won't matter, in the long run. Everything burns. Everyone dies. And if I'm going to die I'm going to spend my life surviving at the expense of others.

So, how did you choose the dark side?

• Like 9

I tried to be friendly to everyone, but it just did not work out. I tested out different gameplays to see how well I would do, and most of the time when I shot people that could of have possed a threat to me, I survived way longer and had amazing gear. Being friendly gets you killed if you're alone.

I got a dinnerbell and was running to meet up with some friends when another guy ran past me in the woods. He didn't see me because I hit the dirt when I saw him, so I shot him in the ass and he logged (back when it was super-easy to do that).

Then I found a tent full of guns (which in retrospect was hacked for sure, but I had only 1 day of prior experience so I didn't know). Took an L85 and a backpack with an M16 HWS in it and ran into Cherno foaming at the mouth because I felt like I had just taken the jetpack to the top of the foodchain. It was a quiet trip though, since there were like 8 of us and we looked like sasquatch if his hair was machinegun belts.

I like to switch it up a bit, remember playing as a hero at first though. But it just don't have the same feel to it as being a bandit. When you have someone in your scope, it's really hard not to pull the trigger.

Plus after you die numberous of times, you just really stop bothering with being friendly.

As a new player to DayZ (this was of course back when you spawned when a Makarov and something decent) I had always heard stories and seen the side-chat "Who's shooting in Cherno?!!!!!!1/11/1?". So I vowed never to have to travel through Cherno. And I didn't go into Cherno, not ONCE for 3 whole months. I had met up with some people and not so much had been running with them. But Allied with them, and myself was part of a smaller group comprised of some of the members.

This is also where I met some of the greatest friends I'll ever have in DayZ. A.Lewis and Rafael. ... I don't know where lewis is anymore, but he taught all I know about sniping and being a bandit. None-the-less. I was with these guys in Stary Sobor. Our small squad had finally reconnected to the main team for a single Op. ... Loot Stary Sobor, on a server with multiple well organized groups and an average of 40 players.

So we group up, with the rest of the team South and East of Stary, my team moves in from the North. We hear over the Teampseak, "There's zombies in town, that don't belong to us. Be careful." So we slow down, and go prone, coming over the hill. I move into a sniping position with my DMR. A weapon I had mastered at this point. And begin scanning the road by the supermarket. Lewis comes up behind me, stacking up on me. We're both ghillied and Lewis has an AS50. Then Rafael moves over the hill and slides down to the tents to check out reports of possible players there.

I hear shots, and Rafael shouts, "There's a guy in the tents! And a car!"... A Car?!?! I can't fathom the possibility, as me being a DayZ noob this was an astounding notion. So I turn my rifle towards the tents. More shots. Rafael is hit and hides in the tent next to the theirs. As I'm scoped in, around all the comm. chatter, I'm listening to Rafael's voice. Just listening for something to give me a clue which tent they were talking about in the first place. And I see it. The man sticking out, I ask Rafael, nope it's not him. I tilt the gun up, estimate the drop, and fire. Bang-Bang. I hit him and he runs off, sprinting towards the car. He crouchs down behind it.

*At this point I hadn't noticed that I just got a confirmed murder.*

I see him get in the Driver seat and begin to drive off, I take aim and fire. Striking him in the back of the head, and killing him instantly. The cars wheels stop turning and slides to a halt. Rafael moves in and gives me the O.K. and everyone quiets down, the situation is defused. Rafael tells me that I killed two people. "No way." I thought. I check my debug monitor... Yup. I killed two people, a random and a bandit. Then went on to kill another random at the supermarket, just for being there.

I learned there, that I have the power, the ability, and the skill to kill someone. No one is a danger, everyone is a threat.

So that's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

(Random story. It's funny, the first time I went to Cherno. I went with Lewis, we both had AS50s. And I remember thinking it was so funny to look at Lewis, because of his heartbeat sounding like an M240. He had 40 confirmed survivors and 22 bandits.... I miss Lewis.)

Edited by Chaney.A
  • Like 6

This was a while back, in the good ol' DayZ of 1.7.3 and 1.7.4 when i first ever joined.

I was in elektro market, on a 30 player server. I found a makarov and 3 clips in the back, knowing that it wasnt a very good gun but better than nothing. I kept the mags in my inventory, however put the gun in my backpack, making it seem like i was a complete newb.

Anyway, i hear footsteps at the front, and a ringing of AK shots going off. So, i peek my head round and see that there was a guy with an akm, alerting all the zombies and then shooting them. (I dont know why, he was probably new to the game like i was).

So, i said "stop shooting the AKM, you're just alerting them! and he stopped. he took out his pistol and started shooting them. Good boy.

Later after shooting the zombies, he turns round and says "but why shouldnt i shoot you?" I replied with "well, i got no weapon and im new to DayZ."

He fell for my trick. he said "would you like my pistol?" and i replied with "Nah, do you want mine though?"

He was confused, because he didnt see me holding any gun. but then, he turned around and i took the makarov out of my pack and shot him in the head twice and watched him fall to the ground. For safety, i released the rest of the mag into him to be sure. I took his ak and m1911, and thats when I thought to myself "wow, i should do this more often!" and since then i have tried being friendly but it never really worked, so i reverted back to my old ways :P

August last year. Me and my mate saw 2 people and killed them for their backpacks. Then karma came round the corner and 5 mins later we were sniped down

I was new to dayz when I spawned in with a makarov and was making my way to the electro market. But before I got there a bunch of bandits in a jeep drove past me. I was kind of scared so I started running and looked behind and I saw they were parked. Then they backed up right where I was at. They got out and asked me " what items do you have ?" I said i won't have any but they just laughed and all four of them took aim then I asked who are you guys? They told me they were bandits. I didn't want to die as soon as I spawned in. So I asked them if I could join them. They looked at me and said fine then they let me in their jeep. They knew I couldn't be trusted on games where supplies is everything. So they kept a close eye on me. But I gained there trust and they gave me a Winchester. I was so mad that they gave me this cheap gun while they had m4a1 and l85 and I got a Winchester. So I thought maybe I can cheat them. And I did. We were about to kill this guy we saw running. They were all aiming and talking about the lots they could get. I just took my chance and aimed at ones head and shot then I aimed at another's head and shot then I pretended not to know what happened and I said" GUNSHOTS GUNSHOTS" the two left said what happened " I don't know they just fell down. " I then realized that Dayz is Bandit Heaven and Hell. I shot the other two and murdered them cold-bloodedly the whole team of bandits was just screaming over the mic I just sat and adapted to knowing that killing and looting is the only way to survive in Dayz.

I accidentally shot my friend in the face with my AKM when I was trying to kill a horde of zombies. :c

• Like 3

on my second life, i survived for almost a week and had just found an alice pack and an enfield(i was incredibly stoked on them), only to be betrayed by a trickster in a betty van. that was the first and last time ill believe someone yelling out 'friendly' in side chat

Edited by Skinwalker

I grew tired of being shot upon sight whilst attempting to be friendly.

I then decided to become the scourge of humanity.

"Bandits come in all ways, shapes, and sizes, but they're still bandits."

Anyhow, my story of how I became a bandit was unexciting, and uninteresting.

Night had befallen upon Elektro, and as an early player, I saw promise at the small town. Little did I know the town's reputation was bathed in blood.

I had just recently aquired a hatchet, and a few cans of drinks and food; I had yet to leave the coast, and I was fairly excited at the chance to see NWAF.

Entering the school (office, thing whatever) from the ladder near its side door, I carelessly walked about the top of the floor, only peeking in the rooms, and not entering them.

Little did I know, there was another sentient lifeform in the same building; Evidently noting my position at the second floor of the school.

I heard a strange, familiar noise, and I was not used to hearing it, for I had played alone a fair bit of time:

A Soda Can opening.

I cautiously made my way down the second floor stairs, nearing the bottom of the stairs, when I said:

"I heard you down there, pal. I'm not going to hurt you; in fact, I don't think I can hurt you. I only have a hatchet --"

My plead fell on deaf ears, as I was cut down by a lone AKM, in the middle of the small town.

The roar of infected called to the alarm, as my lifeless corpse slid down the stairs.

Simple and to the point. I was absolutely sick and tired of backstabbing arseholes.

For the first month of DayZ, I had so much fun looting and meeting people, regardless of whether or not they killed me. However, it was a fateful day when it happened.

I was playing with two friends of mine as usual, and we were fully geared. There was another group of three on the server, and they seemed friendly enough when we eventually met up in Cherno. They fixed our car, and we gave them med supplies. No biggie, we went our separate ways. We invited them into my TS and they took a separate channel. After about an hour of playing, we run into them again after them shooting at us by accident, they pop the tire by mistake, but are able to let them know it is us before they kill us. I, un-trusting already, go hide in a bush and we all enter their channel. After some discussion and them driving up to our car to fix it, they ask where I was... and I wittingly say that I logged off. Watching from a bush, they mruder both my friends in cold blood scream "fuck you" in the TS and leave with our car. NEVER TRUST ANYONE THAT SOUNDS TO BE UNDER 16! >_<

So, still living (but down one man due to him rage quitting), me and my remaining friend go on a rampage of carnage through-out the server looking for them, killing around 9 people (3 of them bambis :( ) before we found them. When we actually do find them, we kill a single one of them, the other two combat log, and then proceed to give out our TS IP to I guess... well, everyone they knew. LOL. I can actually look back and laugh, but there were no lol's that day... not after being spammed by over 50+ different people.

That is why I bandit, because I lost faith in other players long long ago. It's starting to become the same way for me in Origins. I enjoy banditing, and have even started a clan dedicated to it. I only kill if someone comes within 100m, or if I want their gear. People that are in our way are also fair game (looting places we want to loot). However, we never spawn camp, but WILL kill bambis if they get too close. I don't see why people freak out over bandits that kill, I mean no, this isn't a PvP game, but it does have factors that include PvP. Ask yourselves... would you still be playing DayZ if you hadn't been killed by people? What if you had NEVER once been killed by people? Would you still... really play?

• Like 2

I just started playing DayZ last week. I guess I'm late to the game, but I've been watching videos on youtube for a couple of months, but for various reasons I'd never gotten around to getting ArmA 2 or the mod. My first actual player kill was an accident -- I killed a guy with a crowbar because I freaked out when he popped up in front of me inside of a building. I didn't mean to kill him. I was reacting instinctively, so I don't count that as my first act as a bandit.

So I knew what to expect as far as banditry and backstabbing in general. I was no bright-eyed newb expecting sunshine and kisses from other players. Right from the start, my mission was to avoid others at all costs -- simply survive until I could gather up some entry-level gear, then make my way up the left side of the map on a low-pop server and perhaps see if I could get something good from NWAF. Needless to say, things didn't go according to plan.

My first life ended quite swiftly. I'm not sure I even made it off the coast before zombies got me. Alright, no biggie. I knew that there'd be a learning curve for this mod. My second life ended the same. By my third life, I was able to make it to Cherno where I picked up some good medical gear from the hospital north of the city. I crossed over to the apartments nearby and began to loot them, when suddenly -- BAM! I was dead. I hadn't heard or seen the shot, but I knew I'd been hit by a sniper.

So fast-forward about three lives and I actually began to make my way up the west coast. I was feeling tough, capable, ready for anything. I had my trusty zombie-killin' hatchet in my hands and a half-empty survival ACU to fill with goodies as I worked my way north. Eventually I made it to NWAF and found a DMR + some mags for it. I raided the place, took what I could, and decided to head down toward Stary Sobor on my way back to Cherno.

I had already decided to try my hand at some counter-sniping in the hills around Cherno. I wasn't quite ready to be a bandit. No, I wanted to be the blessed hero who bravely took down bandits preying on the weak.

I finally made it to Stary Sobor (with a companion) and we entered the grocery store there. We found some decent food/drink items and took them. As we were getting ready to head out of the store, another player came in. He was a survivor, just like us. I could see that he was completely unarmed and wouldn't pose a threat to us, so we passed each other peacefully. He was telling us to just move on and let him find what loot he could. As he passed by me in the store, he said, "Nice DMR."

Immediately some insane urge welled up inside of me. I pointed the DMR at him and fired twice -- and he was dead. I took what I could from his body (there wasn't much) and we left the grocery store. As we headed out, I saw him in sidechat, saying: "Oh, the irony."

Honestly, it was a rush to kill him. I felt a bit bad about it since he was unarmed, so since then I've mostly been focusing on other players only if they're armed or I think they're dangerous. Killing coastal kiddies isn't really a challenge.

Today I sniped down two lightly-armed survivors in Cherno, just for fun.

What am I becoming?

• Like 1

I was a bandit before I am play the game because humanity system means by kill some  playeraoto is  get a bandit skin.

But I no kill for gear, I kill only for love pvp too much

Edited by KoS

When I lost my svd and bizon sd to a bandit was the turning point for me.

I respawned later on and headed to elektro. Hearing a DMR go off I got happy. I headed to the lone firestation and headed up the stairs hearing someone cough. I ran up to the second floorand saw my kill, sitting in a corner. I shot immediately, my .303 leaving a perfect, round hole in his head. He got a bullet into my leg, breaking it.

I happily looted his body picking up a DMR, m9 sd and a coyote. I used his morphine, regaining the ability to walk and headed out of elektro, pleased with myself.

While making my way too a rendezvous with my buddy on ts I looted a deer stand and luckily found a m24. I met up with my friend and gave him the m24 with lots of ammo. We drove around up north, finding a few good vehicles until we got bored.

That was when my buddy said it: "I really wanna' use this thing."

We picked up another car and headed to Kamenka, setting up a trap along the northern road leading out of the town. We told everyone that there was a free car north of Kamenka and marked it on the map. We took up a position overlooking the car and used a stone wall sorrounded with trees for cover. I gave my buddy some training every sniper should know before hunting their first man. He zeroed his rifle for 200m and I kept watch while he prepared himself and surveyed our rear. I was just taking out a few zombies when we saw our first target.

"He's running up the road to the car!" I screamed over teamspeak and took aim, holding the crosshairs over his head and giving him a 3 mil lead. I held my breath and squeezed the trigger. The bullet missed by a mile. The first shot is always the worst. I recovered from the recoil and this time gave the target a 1 mil lead. That one hit him, right in the chest. He fell down and finished him off. My friend went down to hide the body whilst I covered him.

The next guy got no warning. It was time for my apprentice to get his first kill. I spotted the guy running through a field to the car. I gave my friend his location and he got the poor guy in his scope. I waited patiently for the shot. I heard his rifle go off after the guy fell down. He got a kill with his first shot, ever. "He's a natural." I thought to myself and once again covered him while he hid the body.

Karma, of course, was right around the corner which ended up with me dying and losing all my precious loot while I told my friend to get to the car and get to cover. With luck I spawned in kamenka and went back to retrieve the remains of my body. The sniper was gone and so was my DMR. We headed to the NWAF in a offroad pickup truck and on the way looted a heli crash site which seemed picked clean besides a hidden l85 holo.

It turns out someone marked our position on the map and thats what lead to me being killed.

I do not regret being a bandit. Everyone turns eventually. I try to be a good bandit though. I kill new spawns (not like they have anything to lose) and teach them how to survive the hardway :)

• Like 1

i started out as a good guy i even once defied bandits at balota to safe some guy who needed antibiotics i didn't even know just because i was that nice a person, then after a couple of deaths by betrayal you get paranoid, never fully trusting someone till finally im standing in a hospital i just got what i wanted some blood and some morphine when a guy shows up screaming friendly and that he is in need of help, so we stand there pointing guns at each other he is bleeding and saying he just needs one bandage from me. Of course i wanna help this poor guy, i mean why should i not help him, but then it hits me, why should i help, why should i risk my own safety by helping some stranger i don't even know. So i make the decision that its better if he dies and i lives, bam one shot in the head and i move on. Then i make it to Elektro and another survivor comes up to me waving a gun like a madman, i scream friendly because at this point i still am, this man is in perfect condition and he seems to have his own gear, so without ever actually talking to each other we decide to travel together, im killing the zombies that come too close with my hatchet and he spots on ahead. At one point we are simply sitting next to each other just looking when it hits me that tihs guy probably want to kill me, i mean ive thought about killing  him once or twice during our travels together, so surely he has as well, so i once again decide it better if i make the first move and i axe him to death. after that ive never really worked together with strangers i dont KoS but i trust no one and any who gives me a creepy vibe i kill

I met a group of newspawns, I was with my bandit squad, we had excess guns, so we lined them all against a wall and shot them...

then I got a taste for blood....

Umm, i think i may have been that double barreled guy who shot you, my first ever act of banditry/kill was when me and my friend were running out of cherno and the only ammo we had was 2 double barreled shots, i shot someone in the legs and ran away laughing with my friend as they had some sort of weapon (i assume with no ammo since he didnt shoot back) and they got swarmed by zombies, i came back 5 minutes later to loot them and i think they had some sort of fully auto weapon, i can't remember 100%

I don't remember the exact moment or moments I decided to be a full out bandit but have a general overview of how it happened. As most have done I started off trying to be that guy that was always friendly and looking to help others, aspiring to be a hero eventually, only to shortly realize it was harder than it seemed. I've lost count of how many times I would tell someone I was friendly only to have them immediately shoot me on sight or wait til I least expect their betrayal. Part of the reason that lead to me going towards bandit would be due to how flawed the humanity system is. Lets say someone shoots at you or even hits you and you try to defend yourself, what happens? You loose humanity, even if you're not the one who fired the first shot or even deserved it for that matter. Just like the betrayals, I've lost count of how many times my humanity suffered just from shooting people in self defense. As these things happened more and more, I started not trusting people I didn't know or play with regularly which led to my humanity gradually getting lower and lower. By this time I had accepted the fact that I will always be a bandit on public hives and decided to go full out hunting players and committing other acts of banditry.

I've only been playing for 2 weeks but Im already a bandit. At first I thought I'd be the good guy, running round the hills of Elektro and Cherno taking out bandits, I gave this a try for 2-3 days and I loved killing those bandits! I however had been killed multiple times myself for telling other survivors I was friendly, so I gave up on the good guy status, for the simple fact I was tired of being shot on site or killed from behind by a so called 'friendly'. I set off north with my trusty bicycle to NWAF, on the way there I came across a heli crash which presented me with a MK 48 Mod 0. After seeing many videos about how NWAF is so dangerous I decided to change course to NEAF since I now had a military grade weapon. Once at NEAF I sat on the treeline on the hill above the airfield, directly below me about 600m down was a little bird, accompanied by a single player, kitted out with a ghillie suit, DMR and a coyote pack. I slowly made my way down to the bird hoping I could steal it without having to engage in a fire fight. Upon reaching my target, said player finished his raid of the airfield and started heading back to his little bird, panicing becuase of my noobness and not knowing how to handle the situation I simply lay down prone on the right side of the heli hoping he would get in the left. To my luck he did! He started up the engine, completely unaware of me proning a few feet away from him. I swiftly stood up, unloaded multiple MK 48 rounds into his chest and took him down. I took his DMR and Coyote pack and made my way back down to the coast, to search for more kills. Being stealthy and surprising my target like that gave me a real rush and I haven't stopped killing since! I do leave fresh spawns and unarmed players though, I believe there is no need to shoot someone who is not a threat to me.

Alright, so even starting DayZ I had always wanted to be a bandit. Being "kind" just seemed a bit boring. You just didn't get that kind of rush that you got when you killed someone. I had watched tons of videos, mostly Frankie, and just thought "Being kind just isn't for me." But like anyone else, on about my first 3 lives of DayZ I tried being nice, but it didn't work out. As I got better in the game, I learned qualities to look for and qualities not to. Unless I really made friends with someone (Which was unusual), I usually always killed them. There was one thing though that made me not kill someone: Voice chat. It seemed if I could hear their voice, that we had a bond that was not in-game. Like I didn't know just their in game name, but I also knew something that was real about them: Their voice. So pretty much I spared anyone who had voice and killed anyone who didn't. I felt no remorse for those who didn't. Well, anyways, nobody with voice had ever killed me, which was good. Almost a year later, I was finally tired of all the killing. I kept thinking "In real life, would it really be like this? People killing each other for fun and loot? Or would people be helping each other, or maybe even at the worse rob them?" Well, that was when I found DayZ RP. Finally a server where you couldn't just KOS. You actually have to make contact with the player and make your intentions clear before even thinking about pulling the trigger. If they resist in any way, they're game. Anyways, it was my first day. I had already met two really nice guys, who simply asked if I was friendly or not. I replied yes, and they gave me some food and medicine before I continued on my way. I finally ended up at the NE airfield, where I met two more really nice guys. They simply asked if I was friendly, in which I replied yes. At this point I had a proper weapon, ammo, and food so I wasn't just totally defenseless. We talked and talked, looted the airfield, and we continued to a safe haven. The haven was great. Food, shelter, nice faces, guards, and best of all, free beer. I had eventually gotten bored and decided to head on my way. I logged off for a while and then jumped back on and decided to head back to the airfield and see if I could find a car of some sort, maybe even meet someone. Well, I went there to find one of the guys I had originally met up with. I was thrilled, and we continued to loot and talk until we had killed all the zombies. He claimed he was waiting on a bus to pick him up. We went to the top of a radio tower and talked for a bit, waiting for the bus. At this point I had complete trust in him. I asked him "So how often do you actually need to kill someone in this?" Which we talked for a little bit until he asked "What are your plans whenever you're held up? I answered "I don't really know. I've never been held up." He laughed and said "You've never been held up?" I replied "First day." "I can tell." We were quiet for a bit until he said "I think I see the bus coming over the hill." I looked over and saw nothing. "Where?" He didn't reply for a few seconds until he said "You have three seconds to drop your gun." That hit me like a punch in the gut. "Wha..what?" "Three." I was shaken "You..you can't be serious?" "Two" "But we've been talking forever! You can't just-" "One". I had no option up to that other than to drop my gun. Although, I didn't want to lose it. I had traveled all this way only to find out my "Friend" was actually just some bandit who was trying to kill me this whole time. In the one second I had to think, one phrase popped into my mind: "Kill or be killed." So I whipped around, and RIGHT when I moved, a bullet went into my skull, and it was lights out. From here on, I can never trust anybody ever again on DayZ.

The very first time I played dayZ (Back in the days of spawning with mackerov)  it was  night and I  run right to the church in cherno following  the gunfire thinking this was a PvE..  err.. PvZ (Players  Vs. Zombies)  game. They instead  shot me and left me to the zed, and I decided  right then to make my beans on  the backs of any sucker I cross paths with!

I tried to be friendly to everyone, but it just did not work out. I tested out different gameplays to see how well I would do, and most of the time when I shot people that could of have possed a threat to me, I survived way longer and had amazing gear. Being friendly gets you killed if you're alone.

i agree ive been playing for 4 weeks and ive just decided to be more of a bandit just because no one is friendly

i agree ive been playing for 4 weeks and ive just decided to be more of a bandit just because no one is friendly

I've had the same experiences, With the exceptions of a few folks who ive known as regulars on certain servers (some even inviting me to their TS/Vent/Mumble) I  generally find  trying to "help" randoms a suicidal act. Much better to avoid contact where possible, and if forced into confrontation, Kill.

Also, There really  isn't any kind of  reward for *Not* killing them if you think  about it.