Gking19

And this is why you never go AFK in DayZ kids.

So I connect to my usual server, then what do I see? An AFK bandit. I think to myself "Free loot" and murder him. I find an AKM, Makarov SD, and a bunch of really good loot that in this new patch, is quite rare. He was clearly angry because he got off the server and I didn't see him rejoin for a while.

(This was patch 1.7.6) Another story. I'm heading north from Cherno, and I stop by Zub. I go up the main castle tower, see another AFK bandit. Shoot him, get a nice sniper and another good loot that is expected of a bandit.

The moral of the story? Never go AFK kiddies, you're never safe, however much isolated you think you are.

There is no moral to the story.

You killed someone who wasn't there, that gave you zero competition because that said person was doing real life things; being per-occupied.

Thanks for trying to teach the children your twisted ideology, but I don't think it will stick.

As for more examples, I can now give literally 2 videos of ppl dying AFK in some utubers vids. Kids will never stop going off for 1-2 min and then return to see what happens and come to the forums crying rivers and so..

Edited by SoulHunter

There is no twisted ideology, and I never said there was a challenge. I just said this is why you don't go AFK. Please don't put words in my mouth.

I've had my fair share of encounters with people that weren't pooping on the toilet. I'm just relaying two experiences to make a point.

Edited by Gking19

I've had my fair share of encounters with people that weren't pooping on the toilet.

Then where were they pooping? Come on, finish the story. Don't leave us hanging.

• Like 2

Then where were they pooping? Come on, finish the story. Don't leave us hanging.

I meant it as in "I've had plenty of gun battles with people who were at the computer and not doing something else 'alt-tab, mom called your name, etc. ' ".

We know what you mean kid. Your story sucks.

*For instance, if you found someone who was afk, post up and wait for them to return. That's a more interesting encounter to tell.

P.S. There should be no children playing this game. *Hint.

Edited by Strongtent

I don't blame you at all for blastin them at all .. who ever said this game was fair? :) But cleaning out his backpack and placing a satchel charge next to him woulda made a much better story lol.

The fail troll is strong in this one.

• Like 2

*For instance, if you found someone who was afk, post up and wait for them to return. That's a more interesting encounter to tell.

P.S. There should be no children playing this game. *Hint.

No need to be a dick, man.

As for people going AFK, I once forgot I even got on DayZ. I was gone for like an hour or two. I died in the church in electro, ran back to see if my body was still there, and it was. Luckily zombies killed me so all my loot was still there.

Don't try and turn this shit on me, calling me a dick.

Give me a break. Let me ask you this, who's more of a dick?: the guy who made this thread or the guy who was voicing his opinion in it?

Edited by Strongtent

Don't try and turn this shit on me, calling me a dick.

Give me a break. Let me ask you this, who's more of a dick?: the guy who made this thread or the guy who was voicing his opinion in it?

The guy who made this thread was just simply sharing his stories and letting people know why it's bad to go AFK. Although most people should automatically know not to go afk in a game like this but that is besides the point.

Then you start being rude and saying,

"We know what you mean kid, your story sucks."

and saying that kids shouldn't play this game. While young kids around the ages of 11ish and younger probably shouldn't play this game, I don't see a problem with anyone 13+ playing this as long as they are mature. I know quite a bit of people who are around my age, mature, and play DayZ. Including Inception who is a forum moderator on here.

So, I'm a dick in your eyes for being blunt and to the point well after I replied with my opinion initially?

The guy who made this thread was just simply sharing his stories and letting people know why it's bad to go AFK.

Well he has a pretty egotistical way of going about showing it

Don't get me started on the rest of what you said and how its wrong for anyone under 18+ to play this game, that to is my opinion.

Edited by Strongtent

So I connect to my usual server, then what do I see? An AFK bandit. I think to myself "Free loot" and murder him. I find an AKM, Makarov SD, and a bunch of really good loot that in this new patch, is quite rare. He was clearly angry because he got off the server and I didn't see him rejoin for a while.

(This was patch 1.7.6) Another story. I'm heading north from Cherno, and I stop by Zub. I go up the main castle tower, see another AFK bandit. Shoot him, get a nice sniper and another good loot that is expected of a bandit.

The moral of the story? Never go AFK kiddies, you're never safe, however much isolated you think you are.

Shhh .... Afk...

Don't get me started on the rest of what you said and how its wrong for anyone under 18+ to play this game, that to is my opinion.

Damn. 15 years old, I'd better stop playing.

Don't get me started on how its wrong for anyone with that kind of attitude to be on these forums, that to is my opinion.

--

Topic locked to prevent a further flame war. It seems like some people lack the ability to restrain themselves.

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 5