Sign in to follow this  
AbusivePoptart

When all else fails, How to fix FPS problems.

Hello before I start I just want to say this is my opinion on how to fix FPS lagging,freezing,hiccups,etc. Now I'm not saying this is a 100% bullet proof way but it did help me after weeks of searching.

Spec your PC will need at the least minimum:

Processor: Intel Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz

Memory: 1GB

Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 8600GT or ATI Radeon 3650 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 512 MB VRAM

DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c

Hard Drive: 10 GB free space

Now make sure you have tried all fixes there is to help FPS, such as but not limit to..

Lag and mouse lag: http://www.forums.hy...-and-mouse-lag/

Video settings: http://dayzmod.com/f...g-the-most-fps/

ThrottleStop guide: http://forum.noteboo...stop-guide.html

Drivers Out of date:Make sure that all of your drivers are up to date. Motherboard/CPU, graphics card, and sound card especially. Up to date drivers will fix a lot of issues! Here's how to update your drivers. http://windows.micro...orking-properly

Steam: If you're running Dayz on Steam that could be you're problem right there just re-install Dayz and run it, If the problem consist try DayzCommander. Here's a link to it http://www.dayzcommander.com/

Now if you're like me you have tried all this and nothing happen no change, will if that is your unfortunate luck then whats left to do and what I had to do is overclock my CPU now I know what you're thinking, " what if I over-overclock my PC and fry it." Well that SHOULD not happen with the things I tell you but again I'm no expert so again you are taking your own risk doing the following and I'm not responsible for any misfortune that may come your way by doing this.

My Specs before overclocking:

CPU: AMD Phenom II x6 1055T 2.80 GHz

RAM: 16GB

64.bit OS

GPU AMD Radeon 6800

Now you can see that my specs where high enough to run dayz on very high and be perfect but for some reason I still had a problem and it was all my CPU fault and here's how I fixed it. Now this is only for a AMD CPU's so if you have an Intel I will leave a link on how to overclock it. http://www.pcworld.c...pu_and_ram.html

Now there is two programs you will need for this:

AMD Overdrive: http://sites.amd.com...s/overview.aspx

AMD Engine Control Center: http://www.amd.com/u...ion-engine.aspx

Now lets start with the first and easiest way to fix your lag issue.

1.) Run AMD Engine Control Center

2.) Select Gaming

3.) Select Gaming Performance

4.) Select AMD OverDrive

5.) Under "High Performance GPU clock settings" just move it up 20-50 MHz higher

6.) Under "High Performance memory clock settings" move it up 10-50 MHz higher

7.) Check "Enable manual fan control" and make it about 30% higher

*If you still experience lag just repeat the steps*

Now if that doesn't help and you have it at the max setting and it still lags this is what you have to do

this is most important time to pay attention if you mess up you could crash your CPU.

1.) Right click AMD OverDrive and click "Run as administrator"

2.) Click Performance Control

3.) Click Clock/Voltage

4.) Under Clock you have "CPU Core 0 Multiplier" just move it up once! You will notice your MHz go up a little up above "CPU Core Speed"

5.) Under Voltage (V) move CPU to 1.4000 and NB to 1.2750 **IMPORTANT** Don't move these any higher or lower it is a safe amount of voltage for your PC.

6.) Click apply *if you notice it went back down just do the following...Prefernces>Settings>Apply my last setting when system boots. Then restart your PC

*If you still experience lag just repeat the steps*

***REMINDER IT IS VERY IMPORTANT YOU DO IT LITTLE BY LITTLE DON'T OVER KILL AND SET IT TO HIGH YOU WILL CRASH YOUR CPU DO NOT GO OVER 3.5MHZ IF YOU WANT TO REMAND SAFE***

I had to overclock mine to 3.1MHz. Now I can play dayz perfect. Now I can kill them bandits like a pro ;). I really hope this helped if it did please let me know in the comments. It took me a long time to type all this out and it would be greatly appreciated for any feed back.

**If you have any questions or you're stuck on something I will try my best to help**

Edited by AbusivePoptart

My system spec:

CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor 3.40 GHz

RAM: 8GB

64.bit OS

GPU AMD Radeon 6800

I got DayZ on lowest settings and it is not even getting 60FPS. Sometimes I got like 40 (when there are 10-20 players on the server) and in Citys 23-27.

Is that normal?

My system spec:

CPU: AMD Phenom™ II X4 965 Processor 3.40 GHz

64.bit OS

GPU AMD Radeon 6800

I got DayZ on lowest settings and it is not even getting 60FPS. Sometimes I got like 40 (when there are 10-20 players on the server) and in Citys 23-27.

Is that normal?

Not at all I will give you a link to a video that could help this is for video setting. Sometimes you can have better FPS on high then you would on low watch this video. :)

Edited by AbusivePoptart

Launchparamters:

-cpucount=4 -maxMem=2047 -world=chernarus -skipIntro -nosplash -noPause

~20 players

screen2s1ah0kvt6y.png

sceen18ec6usm1kb.png

Launchparamters:

-cpucount=4 -maxMem=2047 -world=chernarus -skipIntro -nosplash -noPause

~20 players

screen2s1ah0kvt6y.png

sceen18ec6usm1kb.png

Under Shadow detail make it disabled and HDR quality disabled and tell me if you get more FPS if not I would have to look into it.

Edited by AbusivePoptart

Disabled shadow and gained maybe 1-2FPS. Can't disable HDR quality, normal is the lowest.

Also De-fraggle your Hard Drive

hmmm

Edited by AbusivePoptart

My system spec:

64.bit OS

GPU AMD Radeon 6800

Is that normal?

Dude that is ok-ish fps, i get around the same but with a less capable build. Because your GPU is ok try putting settings on high-very high. 25-30 fps in cities for me, 30-40 outside. If i was you it take that fps and run to the hills with it. Thats the best fps you'll get. But its not really laggy though. If its stopping you from playing then complain but 30fps in cities does not stop you from playing at all. 30fps is a playable frame rate. Dont be picky as ArmA is very.very badly optimised

My system spec:

64.bit OS

GPU AMD Radeon 6800

Is that normal?

Also, 60fps in this game is pretty good. Its hard to get as ive seen most people like frankie and jackfrags get 60 on their builds and they are gaming beasts so i wouldnt worry about that fps. its good

My system spec:

64.bit OS

GPU AMD Radeon 6800

I got DayZ on lowest settings and it is not even getting 60FPS. Sometimes I got like 40 (when there are 10-20 players on the server) and in Cities 23-27.

Is that normal?

I have the same CPU as you and yes that is normal if you play Trinity you will see that you run at 47 fps solid but on jam packed servers with over 9000 heli's starting loot zombies etc... your fps will drop like a brick.

Go back to the vanilla servers or servers that haven't been cram packed with rubbish. Or run in windowed mode with "-noborder" as a startup parameter you should get a few extra fps. Even try unparking your core's (AMD CC can do this by changing cpu power all the way to the right) should help a little bit more