Dayzo

Can anyone explain v1.7.7.x loot spawn mechanics?

I haven't got time to play DayZ much these days - usually just in bursts for a couple of hours.

This, along with the low amount of sporadic loot, means I'm having trouble working out how loot spawns in.

Can anyone explain v1.7.7.x loot spawn mechanics in detail?

For instance:

1) What distance to a building triggers the loot spawn?

2) If you stay between X metres and Y metres, how much time passes before additional loot spawns in to the spawn points which didn't have loot initially?

3) How long do you have to wait before going back to a village/building for it to have different loot?

My own experimentation has been less than scientific, but here's what I think:

For 1) the distance seems to be 250m.

For 2) it seems like 15-20 minutes now, whereas before it was something like 5-10 minutes.

For 3) It seems like loot lies on the ground for 60 minutes now (whereas before it would despawn a few minutes after the player left the area, and respawn the same loot when another player entered later). After 60 minutes, if there is no player nearby, the loot gets deleted. When a player approaches again, different loot will spawn whether or not the loot was moved from the spawn points by a player.

Thanks.

1. From what razor told me, 30-60 meters.

2 and 3 are answered together, loot will only refresh 1 hour after the loot pile has been removed.

• Like 1