Sign in to follow this  
HellRaizer

Dude, the Zombie aggro radius is a bit ridiculous!

I mean come on...they shouldn't be able to spot me from as far away as they are. I could see if I was standing while running around, but crouch walking...come on...and just a few mins ago, I was on a hill outside of a town(im new so I don't know the town names yet) laying down in a bush...and I aggro'd a zombie in the town...I wasn't even moving...

• Like 3

True story

Edited by XOLiD
  • Like 5

Your character farted? A diet of soley canned beans and semi-cooked meat would create some pretty gnarly gas

• Like 3

Yes, the game is somewhat sort of an APLHA, but you have been a member since June, so should know that the zed aggro radius was good before. It got fucked up in the last patch released by Rocket and I'm not even surprised that the Community Dev team hasn't done anything about it, they only managed to fuck it up even more.

They can't even catch up to you with your indefinite sprint, so what are you complaining about?

Yeah, you can keep sprinting, but that's not the smartest decision when other players can spot you easily.

Edited by Sutinen
  • Like 1

This game is kinda, sorta, somewhat, a lil bit of an ALPHA

Personally, I don't think this excuse is cutting it any more. Yes, it's a work in progress, yes, it's based on a shonky engine ... and yes, technically we are still in ... sigh ... Alpha territory.

But Zed aggro should have been fixed by now, if it's ever going to be - we're a year in and it's still dodgy as hell. I like the way the mod is going, but working zombies in a zombie apocalypse simulator should really be top priority.

At the very least the devs should introduce banjo-style 'getaway' music for when you aggro a zed, because all my trips to town end with me sprinting for the trees, trailing half a dozen of the blighters and occasionally gushing blood (on a bad day).

I'd turn and shoot at them, but they move like Olympic sprinters and have an uncanny six sense to dodge when a gun is pointed at them. I'd like to hit them with an axe, but seeing as one touch from an infected Z is instant death now that there's no antibiotics to be found, that's not really an option.

Edited by Bottlerocket
  • Like 2

Personally, I don't think this excuse is cutting it any more. Yes, it's a work in progress, yes, it's based on a shonky engine ... and yes, technically we are still in ... sigh ... Alpha territory.

But Zed aggro should have been fixed by now, if it's ever going to be - we're a year in and it's still dodgy as hell. I like the way the mod is going, but working zombies in a zombie apocalypse simulator should really be top priority.

At the very least the devs should introduce banjo-style 'getaway' music for when you aggro a zed, because all my trips to town end with me sprinting for the trees, trailing half a dozen of the blighters and occasionally gushing blood (on a bad day).

I'd turn and shoot at them, but they move like Olympic sprinters and have an uncanny six sense to dodge when a gun is pointed at them. I'd like to hit them with an axe, but seeing as one touch from an infected Z is instant death now that there's no antibiotics to be found, that's not really an option.

Yep.

I can't understand the thinking behind the zombies currently. Fixing them seems to have gone out of the window but the devs will quite happily make them stronger, faster, add new features like the knock down and infection. yet the same annoying features of the way zombies work has if anything steadily got worse.

• Like 1

They can't even catch up to you with your indefinite sprint, so what are you complaining about?

But he wants to HIDE not run.... sigh

But he wants to HIDE not run.... sigh

camp with sniper rifle near spawn point you mean ?

Only thing is annoying is they constantly change behavior of zombies every new patch, but i think latest patch zombies are ok you can easly lose them and range is not that bad manytimes they dont see you eather.

ArmA 2 was not designed to be a zombie shooter. The ArmA 2 pathing is shit, and it's a lot more complicated than you think to make these zombies what they are. In the mean time, you should just deal with it, crawl around, and wait for the SA.

This game is kinda, sorta, somewhat, a lil bit of an ALPHA

This was a nice excuse, like, one and a half year ago.