Sign in to follow this  
scaramoosh

Will the new map add anything interesting to see other than Cherno and Elektro?

People love to explore big cities in a game like this and these two come the closest, even though they're quite small. So all I notice now is everyone spawns around these two areas and if they don't they just find the nearest place to vault off of. People barely go north because the rest of the map is so boring, small villages don't offer anything and they make up the rest of the map other than Zino which you never really spawn anywhere near. Without vehicles there isn't any reason to go anywhere tbh, especially now they removed the big sniper rifles. Items I used to find in the game don't seem, to be in anymore, I haven't even seen NVGs or a Ghilie in months, I haven't seen a vehicle in months either....... were they taken out or something? So I find there is even less reason to go anywhere other than Cherno and Elektro because the only fun thing to do now is kill people.

I hope that the new map adds like a River running through the middle to give an excuse to use boats and plant a city in the middle of the map. I hope maybe there will be big buildings to explore like a shopping centre or something, I hope loot will be fixed because right now it just seems so borked, the only time I find loot really now is off hackers.

Tbh though someone needs to take that Take on Helicopters map and flesh it out for Dayz, would be amazing.

• Like 1

People forget the impact of enterable buildings, this alone will change the dynamics of gameplay to a whole new level.

No more taking pot shots at players or zeds because of long streets, we will now weave in and out both sides.

Rocket has stated he would like the more maps, Let the community run riot and produce some great maps.

• Like 3

Yes, lot's of things. It's all in the devblogs and recent E3 info.

The most recent thing I heard mentioned was a prison, we've seen the ship already and there's more to follow that. Currently they're working on the north of the map as I understand it.

BTW the Seattle map from TOH needs more than fleshing out. It was designed for a flight sim. It's mainly just lot's of square blocks on a flat sattelite image.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 1

People forget the impact of enterable buildings,

Agreed, this feature on it's own will transform the game

Wouldn't hurt with something in the middle too, so that we aren't just running up and down Chernarus (spelling?)...

After seeing the devblogs and stuff I have the fear that the map will be too full with cities and stuff. Walking in the middle of nowhere, this is a big part of DayZ.

After seeing the devblogs and stuff I have the fear that the map will be too full with cities and stuff. Walking in the middle of nowhere, this is a big part of DayZ.

The west is still filled with nothing but forests, like the current Chernarus. However, many new towns are being added to the very north part of the map.

I think this will create a nice balance between villages, cities, and wilderness. Chernarus in ArmA 2 is just too bland and empty.

There is nothing of interest outside of Elektro and Cherno and everybody who thinks so is most welcome to stay there.

• Like 1

Tons of new stuff will be added to north, NWA will be looking much more intresting and north will have few cities size of elektro, so they are trying to balance the map

Something in the center of the map? How about stary? If you could resist the temptation to squabble over the scraps on the coast for a moment you'd know the most rewarding encounters and valuable loot are in the north.

Just think about it: as it is now, you can run through all the buildings in cherno in about 20 minutes (or less). Later in SA, when all of the buildings are complete, it will take hours looting the entire city, not to mention Elektro and every other village.

Edited by ScouterIV
  • Like 1

So I find there is even less reason to go anywhere other than Cherno and Elektro because the only fun thing to do now is kill people.

stopped reading here..

/facepalm, welcome to being part of the problem... the line is over there ---->

• Like 3

Just think about it: as it is now, you can run through all the buildings in cherno in about 20 minutes (or less). Later in SA, when all of the buildings are complete, it will take hours looting the entire city, not to mention Elektro and every other village.

Also like i said earlier there will be new towns to enter u pin the north, possibly somewhere else in the map aswell. Remember 95% of the buildings being enterable and the apartments blocks to have all the rooms enterable, and now that the loots scattered around it will take more than few hours more like 5+ hours to actually search all the buildings in cherno, elektro and maybe 2+ hours to search zeleno, and berenzino as i think they will be enlarged aswell.

Funny how people refer to the Northern part of the map as boring when the best loot is up there. Beach prowling aint gonna get you nowhere. Make the game how you want it. I find the NE airfield a nice little homestead.

A couple of cities and villages up north. They will probably look/feel the same like all cities/villages in arma do. Regarding the enterable buildings, it all depends on the loot distribution and how it will play out. If it's going to be unbalanced, players will probably skip them. Currenly, players that are geared up, don't have to search builds for survival. And if you can survive easily in nature, there is no reason to risk going to a city/village to get shot.

Most people forget that Utes will also be off the coast of Chernarus.

A completely different island, that's still massive.

Imagine the possibilities with an island that you can only get to with a lot of patience with swimming, a boat, or a chopper. I think Utes is a feature that a lot of people aren't very stoked for, and really should be.

There is nothing of interest outside of Elektro and Cherno and everybody who thinks so is most welcome to stay there.

There is nothing of interest in Cherno and Elektro other than the absolute basics, lol.

I REALLY like your idea on having a river going through the middle. At least half way up chernarus!

Hopefully Utes gets completely redone as well and a great big prison is plonked there.

Hopefully Utes gets completely redone as well and a great big prison is plonked there.

Yeah I would just live on Utes for the rest of my life.

Berezino is the best, dont know why anyone would stay south if you want to find anything good you must go North.

You idiots can run around Cherno and Electro buttfucking each other with Enfields and Makarovs to your heart's content. I only stick around the coast long enough to find enough supplies to get me north. You got Stary, Zernegorsk, Vybor, NWAF, Bernezino, lots of hills and woods to get lost in, all those castles, creepy-ass Green Mountain. Even Poboda Dam and NEAF are worth a look-see.

Sweet Jesus, Rocket could have just made the map encompass the two twin cities of death and I think 90% of players would be happy playing Call of Duty: Drunken Hobo Edition.

• Like 1