Sign in to follow this  
jubeidok

It wasn't the infection that made me respect zombies again...

...it was the knock down. Let's face it, you could always outrun the infected, forever. Even with the infection, you could just run past them and keep on going. At least with the knock down in play, you had go wide, jukin' n dodgin' your way through. I think the next thing that needs to happen to make the knock down even more terrifying, is to limit a melee weapons effectiveness while you're down. You can't exactly swing an axe or sword with any kind of lethal force while laying on your stomach. And the final stage of the knock down, probably for standalone, would be that if there are more than one there, you're not getting back up, short of a miracle or some much needed help.

Come enjoy knockdowns and the over exaggerated infection rate of 1.7.7 on US2419. (got hit 7 times without bein infected last night)

• Like 4

I don't know why it took so long. Every zombie game that's been good lets the zombies immobilize you in some way, like grabbing. The animations a little off, but it's a mod and there's very few assets to choose from. I agree with you.

How about with every knock down there's a 20% chance of dropping your weapon? Not sure I've seen that suggested yet.

That should induce some nice tears.

• Like 11

How about with every knock down there's a 20% chance of dropping your weapon? Not sure I've seen that suggested yet.

Nooooo! Not betsy!
  • Like 1

A great idea so far! A zed hits and you fly almost about 1 meter and fall down on the ground on ur face/ass.. You should use your hands etc not to get so much damage as a "reflex" which also should sometimes lead you to drop your weapon as well! =))

Edited by SoulHunter

Lets face it, who the hell could get knocked down with a DMR in the hands and then able to recover without dropping a single thing?

C'mon

Ya, I'm down. I could even go for something like a 10% chance you drop something from your inventory, pockets.

Oh crap, got knocked down and infected >>> Somehow got away, WOOHOO! >>> Open my ventory to apply meds. >>> Shit, I dropped my anti-biotics! >>> Deep breath...

If you guys would just stop playing on 5 ppl servers, come on a big one. When you get chased by zeds and knocked down, I will be happy to shoot you as you try to get back up. But since you guys hide away in little towns anyways...

To be perfectly honest, it wasn't the knock down either for me. It's a nice idea, but a little too useless in its current guise. Definitely needs to be made tougher. For me though it was that you simply could not lose agro. The fact that they were no longer a nuisance, that you had to deal with them, and they completely gave me in-the-moment immersion. I didn't worry about what was next, all that mattered was getting rid of them somehow.

With PvP, unless it's a CQC gunfight, I have so many thoughts running through my head.

"Have they seen me?"

"Are they a threat?"

"Could they be a threat?"

"Are they friendly?"

"Do they need help?"

"Who has the advantage if I approach?"

"Are there any environmental advantages I could utilise?"

"What's my entry plan?"

"What's my exit plan now?"

"What's my post-approach exit plan?"

And there's so many sub-questions within each of those. That's what makes the game great. But the awesome thing about zombies in 1.7.7 was that you had two choices: avoid them unless entirely necessary, and kill them if you can't avoid them. They wouldn't give up. There was no chance they were friendly. They hunted in packs. They were killing machines. Because they were so singular, all the questions above are answered. No time to worry about some other threat. I want them like that again!

If you guys would just stop playing on 5 ppl servers, come on a big one. When you get chased by zeds and knocked down, I will be happy to shoot you as you try to get back up. But since you guys hide away in little towns anyways...

you bad ass you, bet your'e prone in third on roof tops just waiting for moments like that :)

Lol boatie reminds me of the time I was on a server and the population had gone low for some reason

I took the most hidden route to nwaf and got shot on the way in with a spam fire dmr that took at Least 40 rounds to kill me

The guy said on side chat he had been waiting 4 hours there for a kill, there were like 5 people on the server

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior

Oh my! Why didn't I think of this sooner...a good knock to the head and you drop your shit like stunned mullet...very sexy

Funny I played on a private hive server that had knockdowns enabled months ago and loved it. Couldn't understand why more servers didn't have it.

Id like a 3% chance of going down on a zombie if u run to close

Possibly the funniest unintentional humour I've seen on this site.

I'd like this idea if picking up your weapon didn't make you stop and do a 6 second animation of wrapping an invisible rocket launcher around your shoulder

• Like 2

Id like a 3% chance of going down on a zombie if u run to close

It depends.

Do they pay for your cab fare home after?

• Like 1

It depends.

Do they pay for your cab fare home after?

They're related; there's a 3% chance they'll pay

• Like 1