sabre05

Infections

Well antibiotics would be hard to come by in a real apocalypse and you wouldn't be able to complain then.

So far I've found that the best way to deal with infection is to not get infected. Have you tried that?

I dunno MZLY, that sounds hard.

it is not that hard unless your the averag3 m16yoloswagl33t zombie avoider.

Ahh my throat was parched, delicious salty tears pick me right up.

Well antibiotics would be hard to come by in a real apocalypse and you wouldn't be able to complain then.

Not really, I have 30 antibiotic tablets in my medicine cabinet right now, I'm sure most houses have some too. Now lets say they take the tablets with them and loot pharmacies, hospitals and super markets of their medicine, once the people are turned to zombies what happens to the medicine? Does it magically disappear from the earth and into the ether? I'd imagine they would still be on the bodies of the infected or maybe in some of the bigger cities and sea-side settlements as people would try to flee to the sea to escape the country. That's just what I expect would happen rather than the whole spiel of "Oh hey, some guys took it so you can never see it ever again." Yet you are happy to see an infinite stream of zombies, a silly amount of weapons just popping into existence and factories full of ammunition being dispersed everywhere. But not antibiotics, one of the most common medicines in circulation. Oh no no no no. That's just not realistic now, is it? Also if it were a real apocalypse I would sure as fuck be dead. You never hear of somebody with IBS living through a shit-storm. (pun intended)

But hey, I totally forgot that Dean 'Rocket' Hall made this game to be realistic to what it would be like in a real zombie apocalypse, that he has a blatant disregard for the community of this most realistic game to date. That his original intention when creating this mod was to fuck it over with a HIV like disease to a poor African child, only this time all the rich white people are dead, so nobody can help poor little Kofi because they're all dead, the medicine is no longer in production and mysteriously the wonder-drugs have vanished from reality. Oh wait. He didn't.

Yet you are happy to see an infinite stream of zombies, a silly amount of weapons just popping into existence and factories full of ammunition being dispersed everywhere. But not antibiotics, one of the most common medicines in circulation. Oh no no no no. That's just not realistic now, is it? Also if it were a real apocalypse I would sure as fuck be dead. You never hear of somebody with IBS living through a shit-storm. (pun intended)

Actaully no.

The loot tables have been greatly reduced. The 1.7.7 was pretty good but 1.7.7.1 isn't to bad, luckily ammo spawns are still small (with the exeption of pistol ammo it seems). As for infinite zombies? Well the game would get pretty boring if not for them spawning every now and again.

I actually wouldn't mind a DayZ that had fixed rescources, including zombies. Server goes along and people have to explore futher and futher any supplies at all. It also means that you could clear out towns that have less zombies and set up bases (yeah state of decay did a lot of things right)

The game becomes more desperate eventually when everything is found people resort the the Xbow, melee and land subsistance to survive. If enough features were added people could live without leeching off all of the modern trappings (like cans, coke etc). Then when the last zombie died on the server it resets or something...but i don't think many people would like this. The crying about 1.7.7 was bad enough.

P.S. PARAGRAPHS

But hey, I totally forgot that Dean 'Rocket' Hall made this game to be realistic to what it would be like in a real zombie apocalypse, that he has a blatant disregard for the community of this most realistic game to date. That his original intention when creating this mod was to fuck it over with a HIV like disease to a poor African child, only this time all the rich white people are dead, so nobody can help poor little Kofi because they're all dead, the medicine is no longer in production and mysteriously the wonder-drugs have vanished from reality. Oh wait. He didn't.

Actually the devs seem to have 0 regard for community input (espeically of the whiny kind). It's pretty neat that devs who have a unqiue vision of a game don't capitulate to the mob and the easy dollar.

If you think infection is bad wait for a new medical system, you know broken bones, weather elements etc...gona be harsh, even more ways to slowly perish besdies infection! How delicious

Edited by Trizzo

P.S. PARAGRAPHS

Hi, if you had read a few posts ago you would have seen me state that for some reason 'Enter' does not function on this website and thus I can't space my paragraphs accordingly. Guess it pays to read, huh? I don't care about infinite zombies, the guns and ammo spawning. I really don't in fact I enjoy it. I use those examples against the "oh well that wouldn't be realistic" kind of people. When I guess they don't know but - IF I WANTED REALISTIC I WOULD ATTEMPT TO DO THE THINGS IN REAL LIFE RATHER THAN ON A VIDEO GAME. Something designed to be fun. but guess what, I don't find being infected by a near incurable disease 5 minutes after spawning to be fun. Call me a fucking retard, but I don't. In fact I would have more fun playing Call of Duty without a keyboard.

Edited by sabre05

Please try and make your point without sounding so stupid.

I have no idea what you're on about but you do seem angry. Take a deep breath and try again.

Please try and make your point without sounding so stupid.

I have no idea what you're on about but you do seem angry. Take a deep breath and try again.

What my point is this is a fucking game, it is not an out and out 'real life simulator' stop throwing the fucking word 'realistic' around or the 'if this happened herp de derp' Because guess what? IT'S NOT REAL NOR WILL IT EVER HAPPEN so shut the fuck up about realism, you want realism? DO IT IN REAL LIFE! I want a video game to have fun on. For example. Spawning on the coast with no weapons before was quite annoying but you would live with it. Spawning on the coast now is like playing Call of Duty against a team of 6 people when you are on your own, you own a sniper rifle and have 1 bullet. Kill all 6 of them. There's almost no fucking point. Spawn > get chased for 10 minutes > (if you're lucky) find a melee weapon > fend off the zombies > come across a vile zombie who takes fucking beats, shrugs it off and dribbles on your shoulder > get infected > die. Sounds fun right? FUCK NO it does not. It would be more fun if, lets say the zombies actually hurt you when they hit you, instead of tickle you and say "coochy coo!" it would be more fun if you weren't killed off every time because of an infection, rather than other survivors in a broken world, or indeed stronger hitting zombies. It would be more fun if the infection fucked off after a while leaving you with less blood than when it found you. It would be exponentially more fun if the 'Realism' people would fuck off. Dean Hall said that he can't make the world realistic, he can make it authentic though. Edited by sabre05

I still have no idea what you're trying to say.

What my point is this is a fucking game, it is not an out and out 'real life simulator'

Anti-Game

Hi, if you had read a few posts ago you would have seen me state that for some reason 'Enter' does not function on this website and thus I can't space my paragraphs accordingly. Guess it pays to read, huh? I don't care about infinite zombies, the guns and ammo spawning. I really don't in fact I enjoy it. I use those examples against the "oh well that wouldn't be realistic" kind of people. When I guess they don't know but - IF I WANTED REALISTIC I WOULD ATTEMPT TO DO THE THINGS IN REAL LIFE RATHER THAN ON A VIDEO GAME. Something designed to be fun. but guess what, I don't find being infected by a near incurable disease 5 minutes after spawning to be fun. Call me a fucking retard, but I don't. In fact I would have more fun playing Call of Duty without a keyboard.

You are missing a key distinction between authentic and realistic. Rome the HBO miniseris, Deadwood (you might have seen them) are best described as "authentic, not realisitc". Nobody really wants a realisitc experience and i'll prove it.

a ) X time to find a can->must have can opener->30 seconds to open a can->15 mins to start small cooking fire->15 mintues to eat it?

b )X time to find a can->a can opener is in my inventory->instantlly opened->maybe 10 seconds to eat it

A is realism B is authenticity. Who chooes option A for a game? If DayZ was realisitc most of the time spent in the game would be doing inane realisitc things. Adjusting backpack straps, tieing shoelaces than come undone after running...yawn!

The game is about authenticy and lets our imagination fill in the blanks. Realism doesn't enhance gameplay. Even though you will find prior posts where I have i've rallied behind the cause of realism, i was acutally advocating authenticity.

An infection in the game has to kill you faster than IRL otherwise it has no meaning. You can't make an infection have the same gestation period as you do IRL otherwise dissonance with every other gameplay mechanic is the outcome. If infection follows a similar IRL pattern why not eating? As mentioned who wants 30 minutes to eat a can of beans? Everything is kept in balance with one another. It's why we have to drink so much per play session. A glass of water might carry you throw a slow day IRL but DayZ tries to cram all of these bodily concerns, threats, inputs into a brief play session.

If you want to do something realistic in the game you do it in reallife? Well sorry nothing IRL is going to be similar to the zombie uprising so we play video games.

Edited by Trizzo

I still have no idea what you're trying to say.

Then you have an inability to read, it would seem. Sure I have gone off on tangents, but the topic is called infections, and I have constantly said that the infection ALWAYS kills because the cure for it has such a retarded low chance of even spawning, let alone those spawns being found by players before you can get to them eg. Elektro and Cherno. All the while you cough your fucking dick off making yourself detectable to any players nearby who would just shoot you on sight. Fun right? But lets say you get infected with an Axe in your hand, you can kill zombies and hope you get some cans of pasta and coke, maybe some bandages, Prolong your death for as long as you can. You will still die within 2 hours unless you find a hacker box with some antibiotics in. Fun right? This infection just makes sure that the average life span is 1 hour and 9 minutes as the website suggests. before it I would survive 15-25 days at a time until I came across a bandit I didn't see. That was fun. Going into cities with the fear of being fired up on by another scavenger. That was intense and fun. Crossing fields inland constantly looking left and right to ward off snipers. That was fun. Braving Stary Sobor and Novy Sobor to get military loot. That was fun. Going to the NW airstrip at the dead of night to reduce the chance of snipers killing me. That was fun. Dropping dead no more than an hour into my life due to a cough is not in any way shape or form fun. I do hope you understand what I am saying now that I had to spell it out.

You are missing a key distinction between authentic and realistic. Rome the HBO miniseris, Deadwood (you might have seen them) are best described as "authentic, not realisitc". Nobody really wants a realisitc experience and i'll prove it. A is realism B is authenticity

a ) X time to find a can->must have can opener->30 seconds to open a can->15 mins to start small cooking fire->15 mintues to eat it?

b )X time to find a can->a can opener is in my inventory->instantlly opened->maybe 10 seconds to eat it

The game is about authenticy and lets our imagination fill in the blanks. Realism doesn't enhance gameplay. Even though you will find prior posts where I have i've rallied behind the cause of realism, i was acutally advocating authenticity. An infection in the game has to kill you faster than IRL otherwise it has no meaning. You can't make an infection have the same gestation period as you do IRL otherwise dissonance is the outcome. If infection follows a similar IRL pattern why not eating? As mentioned who wants 30 minutes to eat a can of beans?

If you want to do something realistic in the game you do it in reallife? Well sorry nothing IRL is going to be similar to the zombie uprising so we play video games.

Wow, you literally just re-iterated everything I just said, then put a spin on it to seem like I want a game involving zombies to be realistic. Such a talent you posses. And no, I'm not suggesting this disease be more realistic in the way it kills you. I'm suggesting upping the spawn rate of the pills or making your immune system fight the fucking thing off after 3-4000 blood loss. Someone else who lacks the ability to read. Edited by sabre05

I'm suggesting upping the spawn rate of the pills or making your immune system fight the fucking thing off after 3-4000 blood loss. Someone else who lacks the ability to read.

Essentially...infection is a non threat. Plants, herbs and more features are going to be added, you just need to chill and stop the name calling.

And if you stopped trying to hit a zombie with a "crowbar 15 times in the chest", adapted, which is to say ran away you might not be so ragey :lol:

Edited by Trizzo

haha ! this is pretty funny considering.. look at all dem cus words... though i have not played the new patch i can somewhat feel a pinch sympathetic considering this dudes amount of posts and the new content relating to infections hes haven a rough time but hang in their buddy and im surprised the moderators havent warned you but i guess they are pretty chill dudes haha

^_^

Essentially...infection is a non threat.

Well if you stopped trying to hit a zombie with a "crowbar 15 times in the chest", adapted, which is to say ran away you might not be so ragey :lol:

No, not making infection a non threat, I'm not saying make the tablets a 50% spawn chance, but 2%? Really? a 2% chance on living because such a common thing looked at your shadow? Really? And my suggestion with the 3-4K blood loss came coupled with Zombies that hit for 250 blood each rather than nothing at all. Losing a quarter to a third of your health from 1 zombie attack, on top of 250 blood from the actual hit seems more balanced to me. But I guess you are maintaining your lack of reading abilities.

haha ! this is pretty funny considering.. look at all dem cus words... though i have not played the new patch i can somewhat feel a pinch sympathetic considering this dudes amount of posts and the new content relating to infections hes haven a rough time but hang in their buddy and im surprised the moderators havent warned you but i guess they are pretty chill dudes haha

^_^

The best part is this.

"Try hit a viral in the face with a melee weapon"

"Hitting 15 times in the chest with a crowbar"

'Virals are fresh spawn fuckers"

SO

*Dude knowns zombies are tough

*Dude knowns infection are tough

*Dude runs up to said zombies with a weak melee weapon and goes 1-1

*Gets sick

*Rages about it.

*Rages a whole lot

I'm not raging because i'm not trying to hit one of the most dangerous threats in DayZ in the face with a crowbar. Try this maybe?

Edited by Trizzo

^_^

With a forum set around a game where you can shoot people in the face with various weapons, I'd get cautioned for swearing? Okay. I can see why Riot don't like swearing on league of legends, but no swearing for a bloody and violent game. Makes sense mate. As hard as it may seem, I like the idea of infections, just the way it is now is fucking ludicrous. To the point of myself getting infected 7 times within the space of an hour followed by standing still for a minute whilst the zombies paw at me like kittens, or I throw myself off a tall building because I'm not surviving this infection. Stealing 3 blood a second until you die because you're not finding pills any time soon. Picture a fresh spawn with nothing. Losing 3 blood a second. No food, no weapons, no point at living with the infection. Fun right? Nah.

*Dude knowns zombies are tough

*Dude knowns infection are tough

*Dude runs up to said zombies with a weak melee weapon and goes 1-1

*Gets sick

*Rages about it.

*Rages a whole lot

No, I don't run up to them in the open and pick fights, sometimes you get cornered in a building with no weapons. Sometimes you get hit whilst running past a zombie. Sometimes you get hit through walls. Sometimes zombies run whilst in buildings. Sometimes you get shot and knocked out then infected. as for weak weapons, I used an Axe on a Vile zombie. Normally does 4.5K blood damage to a human, right? Took me 4 swings to kill the guy indoors, but he lunged forward and raped my immune system with a breath. Fun huh? But wait, it gets better. Axes aren't the easiest things to find when your only option is a building with 2 exits so you don't get cornered, or the other option is to wait in a bush for 30 seconds to lose Zombie agro, only to prone your way into a building in the hopes of an Axe or a machette. Totes fun brah.

With a forum set around a game where you can shoot people in the face with various weapons, I'd get cautioned for swearing? Okay.

He finds it funny because it implies that you are agitated, no need to put words in the man's mouth.

And do you really think insulting and swearing at everyone is the way to get people to take you seriously?

post-19058-You-are-not-acting-like-the-pe-c3ft.png

With a forum set around a game where you can shoot people in the face with various weapons, I'd get cautioned for swearing? Okay.

Talk about leaps of logic, if i understand you're saying.

I can shoot players in the face in a video game. Therefore I can come onto a forum, not in the heat of the game, where there are specific rules that regulate content, where discussion is the main objective as opposed to playing a game, and swear and conduct myself as I please?

Could you clarify that?

Edited by Trizzo

He finds it funny because it implies that you are agitated, no need to put words in the man's mouth.

And do you really think insulting and swearing at everyone is the way to get people to take you seriously?

I am agitated, I said so at the top of this topic. But the trend seems to be that people refuse to actually read things. And guess what comes with anger? SWEARING! That was me being condescending by the way. As for insulting, I have merely pointed out that people have failed to read my previous posts.