sabre05

Infections

The first time I played this patch I died, because I wouldn't adjust my playstyle.

I adjusted my playstyle, and now I'm not dying because of zeds.

This game has never been better. Zombies are a threat, not just a nuisance.

Edited by Very Ape

I suggest you get the fuck rid of Infections or make antibiotics actually spawn places. My reasoning is this. As a new spawn you are fucking fucked if a viral zombie so much as looks at your fart vapour. If you're lucky enough to get an Axe/Bat/Crowbar you still have a fucker of a time killing a Viral Zombie in 1 swift hit whilst keeping him distant. ESPECIALLY after running for 300 meters just to find a fucking enterable building with more than 1 exit. 13 hits it took for me to actually kill a Viral zombie when aiming for the chest with a bat. Try aiming for the head of a flailing cunt with a melee weapon. I dare you. DayZ has turned into a run from EVERYTHING until you get a gun, then run some fucking more because there may be a player near you. I committed suicide 6 times in a row because I got tickled once by a Viral zombie as a fresh spawn, and like fuck would I find anti-biotics, I've found 2 mountain Dew and 0 anti-biotics as of yet. And when I do get a gun I lag out of my fucking tits because of terrible optimization and get killed by some fucking cunt with an Axe. Good job guys, making the game a 95% failure rate for new spawns.

Instead of complaining on the forums, I suggest you adapt to a new play style and survive. I do quite well as a fresh spawn and the FPS lag is something you'll have to deal with. I get 10-15 fps in cities and 20 if I'm lucky.

Instead of complaining on the forums, I suggest you adapt to a new play style and survive. I do quite well as a fresh spawn and the FPS lag is something you'll have to deal with. I get 10-15 fps in cities and 20 if I'm lucky.

Okay, as a fresh spawn with a bandage, a painkiller and some flares, I will abandon my hopes of looting the settlements close the the spawn, I will run aimlessly inland in the hopes that I come across a less known settlement so I feel safe actually going slow without fearing from bandits, I will spend 1 hour looking through buildings before I even find a weapon of any description. I will then spend 3 hours running around getting lost because I don't have a map and have no clue where I am. I will then stumble up on a small settlement and go into a warehouse only to have a zombie glitch through the floor, run at me and punch me in the face. Sounds fun pal.

Edit: I just spent 2 hours playing, spawned in Kamenka, went to Komoravo, Bor and then Pavolo. During the 2 hours of proning through built up areas and sprinting through fields I have found nothing but tin cans and useless items like a Holy Book, Lots of flares, a Jerry Can, Arrows with no Bow, Shotgun pellets with no gun. The 1 useful thing I have found during those 2 hours was 1 can of pasta and a Coyote pack, which was being camped by a zombie thus I could not get to it. My thirst meter is literally pixels away from flashing and I have nothing to defend myself with other than hoping to lose Zombies in some bushes, and maybe some flares if they care about them which seems to be a 30% chance that they will move to the flare, look at it and then disperse. But you'll be glad to know I haven't been hit once! I'M HAVING SO MUCH FUN!

Edited by sabre05

Again, in a realistic world, all the medicine would already have been looted and an infection would be incredibly easy to get. From the lack of hygiene, food, water and shelter.

But you wouldnt be getting infected from the zombie because you already are resistent to what they got in the first place.

• Like 1

Okay, as a fresh spawn with a bandage, a painkiller and some flares, I will abandon my hopes of looting the settlements close the the spawn, I will run aimlessly inland in the hopes that I come across a less known settlement so I feel safe actually going slow without fearing from bandits, I will spend 1 hour looking through buildings before I even find a weapon of any description. I will then spend 3 hours running around getting lost because I don't have a map and have no clue where I am. I will then stumble up on a small settlement and go into a warehouse only to have a zombie glitch through the floor, run at me and punch me in the face. Sounds fun pal.

Edit: I just spent 2 hours playing, spawned in Kamenka, went to Komoravo, Bor and then Pavolo. During the 2 hours of proning through built up areas and sprinting through fields I have found nothing but tin cans and useless items like a Holy Book, Lots of flares, a Jerry Can, Arrows with no Bow, Shotgun pellets with no gun. The 1 useful thing I have found during those 2 hours was 1 can of pasta and a Coyote pack, which was being camped by a zombie thus I could not get to it. My thirst meter is literally pixels away from flashing and I have nothing to defend myself with other than hoping to lose Zombies in some bushes, and maybe some flares if they care about them which seems to be a 30% chance that they will move to the flare, look at it and then disperse. But you'll be glad to know I haven't been hit once! I'M HAVING SO MUCH FUN!

Then go to the big cities because that style of play isn't working out for you, try taking risks sometimes it helps a lot. You could've taken the aggro from the zombie then ran into a forest to lose him and you would have yourself a nice Coyote backpack.

Then go to the big cities because that style of play isn't working out for you, try taking risks sometimes it helps a lot. You could've taken the aggro from the zombie then ran into a forest to lose him and you would have yourself a nice Coyote backpack.

But you told me to adopt a different play style, Previously I would spawn on the coast and go East or West to which ever was closest between Cherno and Elektro, Searching every building for at least a melee weapon, but inevitably getting hit. Now you're telling me that since sneaking around is being unsuccessful I should return to my old tactic of keeping to the coast in order to search for defensive items?

Edited by sabre05

But you told me to adopt a different play style, Previously I would spawn on the coast and go East or West to which ever was closest between Cherno and Elektro, Searching every building for at least a melee weapon, but inevitably getting hit. Now you're telling me that since sneaking around is being unsuccessful I should return to my old tactic of keeping to the coast in order to search for defensive items?

Sneak in the big cities... small towns aren't the only places you can sneak at. When I said style of play I meant going to the small towns. Edited by oxln

Can we return to the point of this topic as to which the infection rate is a wee bit silly. Not to mention the amount of bandages required for receiving from people hitting us.

• Like 1

I've been an atheist for many years now. But today I witnessed something I class as a miracle, something that makes me think perhaps there is a God after all. I legitimately found some antibiotics. It's only taken me 20 hours of game time since 1.7.7.1, but I found some! Again. I find that to be ridiculous.

What's ridiculous is this topic remaining un-'yarded.

Seriously. Where's the suggestion?

This is just you bitching about antibiotics.

Shh don't say that we will drown under a flash flood of whiny threads...he mostly ignores any responses and nitpicks one issue and is usally proven wrong again. It's a form of fun if you're having a slow night in between moving houses!

Honestly though...antibios could go up a little (razor said there would be other ways to cure eventually)...BUT hotfix vol 2 cometh...so we shall see what happens

Edited by Trizzo

Would like to know what server you're on, I stopped reading because fuckfuckfuck but I have no issue finding medical supplies at all. There are other places to go if the hospitals are empty.

What's ridiculous is this topic remaining un-'yarded.

Seriously. Where's the suggestion?

This is just you bitching about antibiotics.

Another person who can't read! Let me refer you to a previous post of mine.

The Infection that kills eventually with such a slim chance of a cure is laughable. Surely it would be more balance and more fun to make the zombies themselves hit harder to do roughly 250 blood damage per hit on top of reducing the infection to disperse from your bloodstream after 4000 blood has been removed. Or failing that, keep the infection as it is, but boost the spawn chance from 2% and perhaps give zombies a chance to drop the antibiotics. Because y'know. People would have carried medicine around before dying.

Oh you mean that reiteration which Clumzy and Trizzo had to literally squeeze out of you? From the 4th page of a 5 page crybaby topic?

Wow. Everyone except you must be totally clueless, right?

Now you're hanging out in your own topic just to get the last word and try to silence anyone who points out how stupid this is.

I have a suggestion for you. Get a fucking grip.

There are topics for discussion of the latest patch. Use them.

Oh you mean that reiteration which Clumzy and Trizzo had to literally squeeze out of you? From the 4th page of a 5 page crybaby topic?

Wow. Everyone except you must be totally clueless, right?

Now you're hanging out in your own topic just to get the last word and try to silence anyone who points out how stupid this is.

I have a suggestion for you. Get a fucking grip.

There are topics for discussion of the latest patch. Use them.

Someone makes a thread and isn't allowed to post in their own thread now? Okay.

I am, I'm upset that infections are so easy to contract yet the medicine for it is almost impossible to come across, I've seen 2 in my time and they were on private hives where you spawn in with them. As I said since 1.7.7.1 I've found 2 mountain dews which have a 0.28% chance of spawning, whilst Antibiotics have a 1.98% chance to spawn. I've been to Elektro and Cherno hospitals on 5 different servers, none of which had one in. It's ridiculous. A Viral Zombie so much as shares the same airspace as you and you're fucked, your best bet is to end your life there and then or hope you have enough food to counteract the blood-loss, because you sure as shit are not going to find any antibiotics within a 1 hour run from you. The contraction to cure ratio of the infection is disgustingly high. If the infection won't kill you a player hearing you cough your lungs up every 5 seconds most certainly will.

Yes it is, but I don't recall people dying in zombie films or literature because this one zombie gave them the flu. They get bit and die because of it, there is no cure for it. But in dayZ you can take a fucking beating and still walk around, but if that one zombie exhales towards you, you instantly contract some sort of airborne AIDs where the medicine for it is so rare you are destined to die before finding the treatment. It's almost as though DayZ is set in the 1800's where the knowledge of medicine was so bleak that people would pray to be cured of a sore throat.

You're just bad.

Essentially your suggestion is to increase the spawn rate of antibiotics, or decrease the infection rate. That's fine, however your execution in suggesting said changes was poor. There is no need to be rude to other forum members.

This topic is going around in circles. No need to keep a heated argument open.

Locked.

Edited by Inception.