Sign in to follow this  
zeta66173

[SA] Shooting in the vehicles.

Would be cool if we could shoot from the inside. Haven't heard any news about this though.

Maybe the moderators can enlighten us?

I would like cover as well, being able to press crouch and hide behind the dash. Don't know if the engine stops bullet penetration from the front or side so if it doesnt add that too.

there is a mod for Arma 2 that allows shooting assault rifles from little birds as seen in this vid @ 0:25, no doubt it could be added to land vehicles.

Edited by (MUC) Feral

We (my friends and I) have also discussed this idea and think it would add a great gameplay element to dayz, and arma in general... Who doesnt love a great drive-by shooting!!

I would like cover as well, being able to press crouch and hide behind the dash. Don't know if the engine stops bullet penetration from the front or side so if it doesnt add that too.

The cover provided would be small depending on the vehicle. A truck would of course provide good cover. Often enough a bullet hitting the hood just above where the air filter or carborator or whatever is under there goes into the passenger compartment. If it's powerful enough it can go through the length of a vehicle provided it doesn't hit anything solid like the engine block. In game 5.56 and 5.45 penetrate a truck door maybe even both at point blank. 7.62 can do it even from far away.

Edited by Enforcer