SmashT

Rezzed - June 2013 - Developer Session

and i dont want to get near a naked guy with is radio blasting l33t cod montage song or Never gonna give you up T.T

Oh gosh.. Did you just.. add a terrible face? I don't like you one bit kid!

On-topic: Meh, the radios are awesome. Tricking people with a pre-recorded message yelling for help, that'd be the best.

Edited by voddler
  • Like 4

The ability to wear nothing but underwear and radios are going to be abused to shit.

The ability to wear nothing but underwear and radios are going to be abused to shit.

Sounds like a great way to kill/see folks to me!

I'm just glad that this topic seems to have finally gotten over an issue that involved inadequate comprehension issues with regards to the juncture at which a certain game was to be discharged unto the public. The funny thing is, people will be able to understand this far clearer than the aforementioned statement.

I assume running half naked will have consequences on your health, and radios will require batteries.

You appear to have a very dogmatic view of what "roleplay" is.

Lol..Not really, was just an exsample of something where people do not play as themselves.

ps. Also the radios need the filtering to sound realistic, not the clear as a day sound.

Edited by Zeppa

The radio seems to be THE issue to people...

There is so much more to discuss.

How is the tent feature going to be realized?

How are the new gestures (in fact "hands in the air" so far is the example Dean gave) going to be implemented, so they are going to be useful?

What will happen to vehicles and crafting?

And so on :)

But well, those are mostly speculations, aren't they?

• Like 2

Oh gosh.. Did you just.. add a terrible face? I don't like you one bit kid!

On-topic: Meh, the radios are awesome. Tricking people with a pre-recorded message yelling for help, that'd be the best.

hahaha i did.

i will only use radios when i got the elektropartybus up and running, and ill blast AC/DC music in elektro for a entire dayz until i die!

The radio seems to be THE issue to people...

There is so much more to discuss.

How is the tent feature going to be realized?

How are the new gestures (in fact "hands in the air" so far is the example Dean gave) going to be implemented, so they are going to be useful?

What will happen to vehicles and crafting?

And so on :)

But well, those are mostly speculations, aren't they?

No! What's important is THE radio!

Lol jk

• Like 1

No! What's important is THE radio!

Lol jk

If you say so. I believe you and follow you blindly...

If you say so. I believe you and follow you blindly...

Lol.

To be honest, I really can't wait to troll people with a radio. Have the radio playing and sitting it in the middle of the street while my crosshair just sits on it.

Guy: "Oh looky, a radio!"

Me: "BOOM or Gunshot" whichever is proper at that time.

Lol.

To be honest, I really can't wait to troll people with a radio. Have the radio playing and sitting it in the middle of the street while my crosshair just sits on it.

Guy: "Oh looky, a radio!"

Me: "BOOM or Gunshot" whichever is proper at that time.

It's not that I wouldn't see the ways you could handle such a situation to your benefit. But people are aware what they might expect from that situation - so in return it could go horribly wrong for the radio troll ;)

• Like 1

Im really curious to see if the features put in to mitigate shoot on sight will work.

The longer users play the mod rather than the standalone, the more the culture of shoot first or die will be instilled me thinks.(if not already strong enough)

Private servers that connect to the central hive will be expressely allowed on release, using a blacklist system. That means servers will be automatically approved and only blacklisted if somethng goes wrong. This is mainly to be allowed for our alpha, in beta and release we will reiew the situation and possibly allow private hives themselves.

http://www.reddit.co...release/carnc4n

Changing weapon while moving was one of that which we captured today (and a major priority)

http://www.reddit.co...e_about/carfmx2

Not too keen on private hives personally, super excited about moving while changing weapons though, that's one of the most annoying things in ArmA.

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 4

JfBtQAq.png

Awesome, this always bugged me.

EPIC!

good to see them moving onto some smaller features!

do you run faster when switching to knife? :P

• Like 2

Very nice, now all we need is the ability to be able to switch from or melee weapon without sacrificing or primary, for the option of a more stealthy approach to certain situations.

Does anyone know if DayZ will be on Steam Early Access? I sure hope so.

Yes

Yes

Thanks for the reply. Early Access will be great because it will further convey the idea that the game is incomplete and deter people from judging and reviewing the game before it's done, although I'm sure that will happen anyways to some degree.