Sign in to follow this  
DeathBySausage

Better graphics

Are there any autherized mods that I can install to give the game.better graphics...I have everything maxed but I know a lot of games have extra packages you can dl that apply better textures and what not. Only lookingfor things that are well known and wont get me banned.

Lol this I am aware of thats why im looking for only reputable sources that I could verify by other searches and not clicking links and installing 3rd party junk

the PMC DLC and BAF DLC will give the Hero, Survivor, Ghillie, and Camo skins a much nicer texture.

But no, there is no DLC that will make the landscape itself look better.

• Like 1

I dunno if it's what you're looking for, but the British Armed Forces DLC for Arma 2 will make the British Military Offroad vehicle and Camo Clothing actually look good, instead of being all blurry. I think it also helps with the soldier outfit, but that's not seen very much in DayZ.

And ignore these other posts degrading you, I thought it was a legitimate question.

EDIT: Thanks Statik for expanding what I was posting, have some beans:)

Edited by Welch

Why give a game that runs so large map already back in the 2009, you must have been aware when you bought the game (possibly just because of DayZ) it was made in 2009 so the graphics are not this date, but still pretty good if you think that its already running 225km2 map with no extra loadings.

I'm actually kinda intrested how are you able to run it maxed out without any problems? Needs your rig specs naow, i myself dont have that bad rig either.

mine is amd fx6300 6core, gtx 560ti 2gb and 8gig ddr3 weird thing is i can run it on max on the forest etc non populated areas but i have to turn my graphics lower if i want to run it smooth on cities.

Are there any autherized mods that I can install to give the game.better graphics...I have everything maxed but I know a lot of games have extra packages you can dl that apply better textures and what not. Only lookingfor things that are well known and wont get me banned.

-snip-

Edited by DayzForumer

That 560ti is holding you back a bit. A 560ti boost or 660ti would be perfect

Why give a game that runs so large map already back in the 2009, you must have been aware when you bought the game (possibly just because of DayZ) it was made in 2009 so the graphics are not this date, but still pretty good if you think that its already running 225km2 map with no extra loadings.

I'm actually kinda intrested how are you able to run it maxed out without any problems? Needs your rig specs naow, i myself dont have that bad rig either.

GTA 4 was made in early (april 28) 2008, and look at those graphics!

GTA 4 was made in early (april 28) 2008, and look at those graphics!

And they have released a dlc for it that gives near photo realostic graphics

Edited by DeathBySausage

This might be what you are looking for

Arma 2 engine is old and very dependent on CPU, and who is saying that "i run the game fine" is just laying to himself. Enable fps counter and go to any city and tell me that you have constant (at least) +60 FPS. No way.

I have i5 2500k @ 4.7 GB with Titan SG and in city I get 40 - 50 fps with all maxed out, that's how bad (CPU dependent) this engine is when in city. GPU usage drops down to 40% and that's it. CPU taking over. While in woods I have 70+ FPS because GPU takes over there and has usage 70% and up.

Arma 2 engine is old and very dependent on CPU, and who is saying that "i run the game fine" is just laying to himself. Enable fps counter and go to any city and tell me that you have constant (at least) +60 FPS. No way.

I have i5 2500k @ 4.7 GB with Titan SG and in city I get 40 - 50 fps with all maxed out, that's how bad (CPU dependent) this engine is when in city. GPU usage drops down to 40% and that's it. CPU taking over. While in woods I have 70+ FPS because GPU takes over there and has usage 70% and up.

Ialso run on an i5 2500K (stock), paired with a used Radeon hd 6850 (paid $70 - also runs stock),4GB Ram.

I rarely dip below 40 in cities except on medium setting (not maxed like yours).

Im sorry i consider fine to be playable. And realistically anything over 30 fps is playable.

Look up SweetFX, gives the game much better colours and such. Although it didn't want to work for me, but the screenshots like brilliant.

Also look up such mods like JSRS and Blastcore. JSRS makes the sounds much better, and blastcore pretty much makes explosions and such look a lot better. Combine SweetFX, JSRS, Blastcore, and the Acemod, you'd have a almost modern ArmA.

Edited by RJTurneR