kumando

So zombies are just a nuisance again in 1.7.7.1

made it to a hospital (first one had only trash loot), crawled to the top and there, finally, I found some antibiotics.

What do you mean crawled to the top ? Is there some part of the hospital I've been missing ?

+1

I'm having heaps of fun on 1.7.7, even with antibiotics so rare, at least u know, STAY AWAY from Viral zeds!

i was like oh a viral RUN for ur LIFE!!

Excuse me for sounding like the noob that I am, but how do we tell a viral from one that isnt ?

Excuse me for sounding like the noob that I am, but how do we tell a viral from one that isnt ?

The Viral zeds are darker/dirtier and bloodier

GrukLNx.png

bad_mojo

You may have missed this comment:

I've always seen comments from people about zombies 100m away spotting you, it's nothing new to this patch. Nor is it actually credible. Show me video evidence of this zombie being turned the other way and suddenly chasing you. From my experience zombies don't randomly spot you behind their backs, something always causes them to see you. Perhaps the zombie was at the end of its path and systematically turned around to walk back, and then spots the player. So, while it appears that the zombie randomly decided to turn around and chase you, he merely turned around while you were behind him. Or maybe the zombies are running on another players system, so the desync is bad enough that you don't notice them turning until they're already chasing you.

Really, for a bug like this we need some solid video evidence to analyze. I've personally had little to no issues with zombies seeing me behind their backs. I've had more issues with zombies behind objects out of the line of sight seeing me. But, I'm not demanding they remove viral zombies until that shit is fixed. I just live with the bugs and enjoy the good that comes with progress.

Your video just proves how much easier it is now, playing like that in 1.7.7 you would have been infected and probably dead before you even reached those bushes. Oh, and nice exploit of the line of sight system, and way to go posting it on youtube so others can exploit it too. I know it's a pretty well known exploit, but it seems like it's a part of your play style, and you're encouraging others to do it. I consider that just about as low as making videos while using scripts.

Fuck it...whatever patch it is now...it's annoying.

Tin cans and flares and zombies out of nowhere. Can't sneak, zombies patrol, always get infected, they never stop chasing....yeah, fuck the BS ego, it's not DayZ. This shit reminds me a Dungeon Master (if you have ever played D&D) that's trying to kill you, as opposed to just letting things unfold.

Your video just proves how much easier it is now, playing like that in 1.7.7 you would have been infected and probably dead before you even reached those bushes. Oh, and nice exploit of the line of sight system, and way to go posting it on youtube so others can exploit it too. I know it's a pretty well known exploit, but it seems like it's a part of your play style, and you're encouraging others to do it. I consider that just about as low as making videos while using scripts.

Cut the BS...that's easy? Man, I've been playing Orgins too long then.

As for your LoS opinion...I too said early that I don't like using exploits, yet some other players said it was working as intended.

(Yes, I'm aware of the bush exploit, but I prefer to NOT use it)

Breaking line of sight to lose a zombie is not an exploit. That feature was added in one of the last patches Rocket worked on.

Bottom line....nothing I say in here is going to change shit. There is a ton of e-peen, trolls, and elitist. I was hoping for a more productive medium here to explain a particular point of view, but it the LOGIC (10 zombies showing up to gunshots when only 5 were in the area) keeps getting lost in the roid rage look at me BS. Then again, what can you expect from a player base that has a 90% rate for "shoot on sight".

The point of MY video was to show that compared to the OP video, it's not just run by every zombie in that game....it achieved that, and I highly doubt it (the OP video) was made during the current version of 1.7.7.1. that is to say, although 1.7.7.1 might be "mild" compared to 1.7.7, it's still nothing like what was presented.

I'm out....do what you will. You are the bad ass, I'm the loser, your great, I'm nothing, your opinion is everything, I'm a whiner.

Yeah my bad, I thought you meant that losing zombies by breaking line of sight (in a realistic manner) was considered an exploit. I didn't think you were talking about that exploit. Breaking LOS is easy to do the proper way, you don't need to run for "miles".

I still think your video shows how 1.7.7.1 is still really easy, I got bored of watching you throw yourself at zombies and shut it off half way through. In a situation like you showed, I want the first zombie you get close enough to have a 50% chance to knock you down(or more depending on the situation), and then all the others immediately rush over and try to eat your brains. If you don't have a weapon to start killing them all, or get damn lucky and somehow get up and run away, you're fucked. What you showed, should have been a quick death.

In your vid, you get hit six times before one finally knocks you down. After running to the bush you stand still and take two more hits, and nothing. You again aggro the 4 zombies and take 6 more hits and start bleeding, 3 more hits while trying to get back into the bush, and you're finally infected and blood looks about half way.

Point is, I could make the same video and run away after 15 hits, lose the zombies without exploiting and either find antibiotics or maintain my blood level enough not to die. You made the video with the intention of letting zombies kill you, it was clear from the start. You put yourself in the worst situations and it still took almost 5minutes for the zombies to kill you.

Edited by bad_mojo

bad_mojo

You may have missed this comment:

Some of us are talking about working as intended (the addition of Super zombies) and other are talking about bugs. I'm asking why WITH the bugs are Super Zombies introduced.

This is a game, not some team building workshop. We, as gamers, are forced to work withint he provided peramiters of the game. Adapt and overcome? What, how? Harsh language? When 70% of loot (even in barracks) is tin cans, you remove weapons for the most part, you remove stealth (LoS), you keep antibiotics rare, you spawn with flares, add zombie "path finding", the only logical choice is to not do anything that would cause contact with zombies, which is all but required to do anything in the game.

I finally got my video up, I'm not a Youtuber, I didn't edit it (so you can hear my Son in the background), I didn't buy any special programs or codecs....it's just, yep...me.

Let's recap and compare experiences.

Mine -

OPs - http://www.twitch.tv/thec1aw/c/2446924

Again, the game, for the most part, as far as zombies are concerned, is currently working as intended.

Those were considered "strong zombies"? :huh: 5 minutes of cricle straff trumping headless chicken AI, hiding in bushes, the magical building slow mo. Wait for the SA when they pounce, run in mobs, run indoors, have proper pathing. I suppose the coming ilk of zombies will be call "zeds of steel".

As far as you are concerned the zombies are working as intended? We are all entiled to opinion but not to fact, they are not working as intended and another hot fix is on the way.

I mean to answer to OP (which is the point of this thread no?) the patch brought unexpected erros in zombie AI...thats all there is too it, no other information/discussion, wierd comparision videos, conspiracy, razor copping out, required. (I suppose the idea is to keep all the anger, speculation, he said she said in one place than letting it sprout up a dozen other threads) Bring on the hotfix!

Edited by Trizzo

As someone already suggested, a possible solution to meet all player's needs about Z's behaviour could be a server hardcore setting...

I'm waiting for a hotfix... zombies are too easy now, knockdowns are just mildly inconvenient and fewer zombies which are even easier to lose than pre 1.7.7 mean there's no challenge. How can people enjoy DayZ with wet zombies like this? I don't know...

lol with all these hardcore ppl saying 1.7.7.1 is too easy. Stop playing on a server with 5 ppl and come big cities and trying running around with both zed and ppl gunning for you. It's "too easy" no matter the patch if you play with only 5 other ppl, are crawling through a small town with only 5 other ppl, are aggoing zeds when in a big town when you the only one on the server. Please.

Nearly every server i got to, the big cities are a ghost town. Good patches bros!

• Like 1

lol with all these hardcore ppl saying 1.7.7.1 is too easy. Stop playing on a server with 5 ppl and come big cities and trying running around with both zed and ppl gunning for you. It's "too easy" no matter the patch if you play with only 5 other ppl, are crawling through a small town with only 5 other ppl, are aggoing zeds when in a big town when you the only one on the server. Please.

Nearly every server i got to, the big cities are a ghost town. Good patches bros!

Didn't you post something along the same lines earlier.. Well i hope i never bump into you down a dark lane.(In Cherno)

If you guys would just stop playing on 5 ppl servers, come on a big one. When you get chased by zeds and knocked down, I will be happy to shoot you as you try to get back up. But since you guys hide away in little towns anyways...

Zombie spawning, especially in small villages, is still ridiculous. The never ending spawn lines all heading for the one or two enterable buildings is just silly. They act like army ants heading for a sugar cube. This isn't "harder". It's just obviously a bug. It wouldn't be so bad if hatchets weren't so sparse. Make the game harder, but don't take away necessary gear at the same time. This is contrived difficulty solely for the sake of difficulty. It doesn't make the game more realistic or a better simulation. It makes it a tedious and unfun experience. And I love survival. Sigh...and I guess I need to make this clear as well: I'M NOT A COD KID. But this new gameplay HAS made me more apt to KoS. In a real apocalypse, as food and liquid become more scarce, people would start killing to survive.

Are small towns SUPPOSED to have more zombies than Cherno?

Risk/reward is still damaged.

Let the epeen responses commence...

Edited by need matches

Does the knock down glitch happen only when you have no gun or does that broken stance which renders you useless happen all the time after knockdown?

If memory serves, I'm getting it with a gun i.e. handgun. Get hit and can't run until I get hit again.

Boatie, I don't even know what your talking about

1.7.7 patch:

I checked out the following places, spawned at balota, cherno and in through electro and had a total of 4 players shoot at me, all if them died to standing there while zombies hit them and I took cover

At berezino I killed 5 players ( technically 4, 1 was due to zombies killing him aftejr a smoke grenade l)

All of the players were distracted by zombies

There was a constant 40+ players on the server

Onto 1.7.7.1 hot fix

First on electro and there are 3 bandits in the street just running around gunning down player after player and ignoring the zombies

They racked a good 10 kills before I charged in with a hachet and they logged... Yes logged

I then proceeded to then take a lee Enfield as I hadn't tested the 1.7.7.1 zombies out

I killed every zombie in electro by standing in the street TRYING to die and I lost about 60% blood

I tried the same on an old 1.7.7 server, dead in seconds

Do you see the difference?

I can't die when trying to on 1.7.7.1

It's not perfect but 1.7.7 is a step in the right direction

I want pvp and pve, explain that one in your infinite wisdom Boatie

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 2

Boatie, I don't even know what your talking about

1.7.7 patch:

I checked out the following places, spawned at balota, cherno and in through electro and saw no players, had a total of 4 players shoot at me, all if them died to standing there while zombies hit them and I took cover

At berezino I killed 5 players ( technically 4, 1 was due to zombies killing him after a smoke grenade l)

All of the players were distracted by zombies

There was a constant 40+ players on the server

Onto 1.7.7.1 hot fix

First on electro and there are 3 bandits in the street just running around gunning down player after player and ignoring the zombies

They racked a good 10 kills before I charged in with a hachet and they logged... Yes logged

I then proceeded to then take a lee Enfield as I hadn't tested the 1.7.7.1 zombies out

I killed every zombie in electro by standing in the street TRYING to die and I lost about 60% blood

I tried the same on an old 1.7.7 server, dead in seconds

Do you see the difference?

I can't die when trying to on 1.7.7.1

It's not perfect but it's a step in the right direction

I want pvp and pve, explain they one in your infinite wisdom

You are wong 1.7.7 was a step in the right direction with this new hotfix they took 2 steps back.

• Like 2

I was saying that 1.7.7 is a step Is a step in the right direction......

So I'm going to edit my other post

My bad, I phrased it wrong

Been around the world and i, i, i

Just can't get infected

I don't know when, I don't know why

But it's gone away

And I don't know where anti-biotics are, maybe

But I'm gonna find them

Before these idiotic patches, I always get the yen to play dayz after a few days of not playing. Now, I feel nothing. You mountain man survivors have won. It's so fun to spent an hour finding a gun! weeeeeeeee! It great to go north and build a base and sit and stare at the moon! It's so fun to play pve away from people, so that hours can pass and you see no one. It great to sneak through electro and aggo no zeds because you are l33t at survival. Sheesh.

But for the real, l33t survivorist (who never let us forget this), 1.7.7.1 is now too easy. Too easy on the pve because you guys must be pretty bad at the pvp. And there I think, is the real problem. The people who are good at pve suck at pvp (because pvp, like anything in dayz is a learned skill). And people like me who like pvp, like it because we are bored to death with pve. I have already made the base up north (many lifetimes ago) and its now boring as hell to do it again. Same with fixing a car, flying a heli, get the l33t sniper, etc.

For people like me, 1.7.7 and 1.7.7.1 have sucked all the life out of the game. You go anywhere and its a ghost town or hacker haven. You meet people and they are not armed with anything - so fights are pathetic. If there are people in towns, you can hear a dmr sniper just sitting on a roof or outside of town. With the zeds aggo the way it is, how to you hide from the sniper or try to fight him?

You guys win, beans for you all!

• Like 1

Well clearly you didn't even read my post boatie

I like pvp and pve and I'm good at both

And weapons are easy to find

Stop trying to insult people to start arguments your just embarrassing yourself

Well clearly you didn't even read my post boatie

I like pvp and pve and I'm good at both

And weapons are easy to find

Stop trying to insult people to start arguments your just embarrassing yourself

My post was not in response to you but if you want to insult me go ahead. Your opinion was so important to me, I will have to go have a good cry now.

Electro trying to get yourself killed and cant: this was the gist of your post? You did it 1 time and assume that your experience is universal for everyone? Who looks stupid assuming that? You have one experience and I have another. Both can exists at the same time and not invalidate each other! Sheesh.

I have been playing with the 1.7.7 and 1.7.7.1 patches since these were release across maybe 20 servers. I have not seen the game improve in terms of me having more "fun." Instead, I have seen deserted towns with full servers. I have seen zed aggo that are stupid, such as me personally aggo 20 zeds who spawn out of nowhere next to (10m) me on a server with 3 ppl. So many zeds spawn and from so many directions, it was impossible to loot anything. I have been to hospitals with server reboot and glass not broken and seen no medical supplies spawning. No medical supplies in medical tents either. So would I have fun going from cherno to balota tents to get med supplies now? This is fun?

• Like 1

Meh done with you

You have " my opinion is right no matter what" which is pointless talking to

I tried like 5 times on full blood actually

The new patch is way too easy

And yes you shoukd have to look for medical supplies not find everything you need in one place

Didn't your mother ever teach you not to ruin a good thing? (jk... zombies do need to get fixed)

Before these idiotic patches, I always get the yen to play dayz after a few days of not playing. Now, I feel nothing. You mountain man survivors have won. It's so fun to spent an hour finding a gun! weeeeeeeee! It great to go north and build a base and sit and stare at the moon! It's so fun to play pve away from people, so that hours can pass and you see no one. It great to sneak through electro and aggo no zeds because you are l33t at survival. Sheesh.

But for the real, l33t survivorist (who never let us forget this), 1.7.7.1 is now too easy. Too easy on the pve because you guys must be pretty bad at the pvp. And there I think, is the real problem. The people who are good at pve suck at pvp (because pvp, like anything in dayz is a learned skill). And people like me who like pvp, like it because we are bored to death with pve. I have already made the base up north (many lifetimes ago) and its now boring as hell to do it again. Same with fixing a car, flying a heli, get the l33t sniper, etc.

For people like me, 1.7.7 and 1.7.7.1 have sucked all the life out of the game. You go anywhere and its a ghost town or hacker haven. You meet people and they are not armed with anything - so fights are pathetic. If there are people in towns, you can hear a dmr sniper just sitting on a roof or outside of town. With the zeds aggo the way it is, how to you hide from the sniper or try to fight him?

Look COD kiddie, nothing is wrong with pvp, actually its my favourite part on dayz, but when theres nothing left to do but pvp that gets pretty old very fast, but i guess you are only 16 tops so you probably cant get this trough your small brain...

So Boatie what would you suggest for "Hardcore super skilled players like yourself" when the world has gone to shit? The points you make about cities/towns being ghost towns and to many zombies spawning from all directions, I just fail to see what sort of argument you're trying to put across.(All I see is someone with a very narrow minded approach to this hole situation).

Because in all logic if such an outbreak did occur, then would you not agree that cities and other highly populated areas would indeed have a high risk attached to them. So if you choose to enter such an area the likelihood is that any encounter could be an endless wave of infected. "If you make a mistake".

Also on the loot situation, have you searched or scavenged smaller buildings or do you just run straight for the bars/café, firestation ect. It's very easy to come onto the forums and bitch and scream about certain changes, but the fact is we all know that the patch and hotfix are far from perfect, but and this is just my opinion the 1.7.7 patch brought Dayz to another level of gameplay. Where every action in the game world had consequences, be it from pve or pvp nothing should ever be "easy".