Sign in to follow this  
ghillieSniper1993

Please help, im new.

So i purchased arma 2, downloaded via stream and all that good stuff about 3 months ago and had dayz working fine. I quit and recently came back yesterday and tried to run the game via dayzcommander and had numerous issues. When i filter "incorrect dayz version" it lists off EVERY SINGLE SERVER.

i understand that you're supposed to go to install/update and do something from there but when i try to update the dayz mod , it says its corrupt. I have no clue what to do to fix this and would appreciate help, i just want to get the game going again..

• Like 1

Yup, in your case if something's corrupted it's best to do a fresh install. If you haven't played for a few months it could be that a file has been moved or something else. It's not as long winded as it sounds and should get you up and running.

Edited by Fraggle

thanks guys, im actually one step ahead, redownloading EVERYTHING arma, OA, all that good stuff from scratch, then will run them and get commander again, will keep everyone posted and thanks for the replies.

• Like 1

no dont do a complete reinstall. on dayz commander next to where it says "currupt" it should say reinstall. just click that wait for download and then you'll be good to go.

i think its a bug with dayz commander it should actually say "out of date" as it is an old version that needs updating.

at least that works for me :)

• Like 1

no dont do a complete reinstall. on dayz commander next to where it says "currupt" it should say reinstall. just click that wait for download and then you'll be good to go.

i think its a bug with dayz commander it should actually say "out of date" as it is an old version that needs updating.

at least that works for me :)

Cheers. I don't use Commander so wasn't aware of that. Looks like it's too late and he's gone for the full reinstall now :/.

BTW - OP, you didn't have to re-download everything but looks like you've done it now, hope it fixes your issue.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 2

Indeed, the easiest thing to do would have been to delete your @DayZ folder and download it again with DayZ Commander.

It's too late now but if it happens again you'll know what to do, lol.

• Like 1

i tried clicking repair / reinstall and it gave me an error notice says the download and extract was invalid. redownloading EVERYTHING for now. got fed up of nothing working.

Edit - If still not working tell us exactly what steps you took: for example - used Steam to install arma 2, used steam to install arrowhead (or Combined Ops), installed DayZ mod, installed Dayz Commander and so on...

If it still doesn't work I will talk you through an update tomorrow on skype if you like? sulalee01 is my username

Send me a PM to agree times. I'm in the UK and it's 23.44 right now. I'm off to bed soon but will happily help tomorrow.

Edited by Sula
  • Like 1

you should be aware that a lot of hosted private hive are having troubles with some hacker getting rcon passwords and are currently broken giving you that message if they haven't been turned off

• Like 1

the steps i took were as followed. downloaded stream, downloaded arma 2 and OA via stream, downloaded commander, then tried to download the dayzmod from commander. its telling me my arma 2 is up to date but that dayz is not found, when i hit install it gives me this..

would really appreciate any help. this has got to be the hardest game to fix issues with it is really not user friendly AT ALL.

post-163279-0-93553300-1371597222_thumb.

ah yeah, i have had something similar to that myself before now.

i believe it basically fixed itself either the next time i launched commander, or on the next update for commander wasn't long, next day or something. try reinstalling dayz commander try a different version number if possible. or you can always use play with six if you cant get commander working. http://play.withsix.com/download

if your desperate to get on asap... try installing 1.7.7 patch then upgrade to 1.7.7.1

the steps i took were as followed. downloaded stream, downloaded arma 2 and OA via stream, downloaded commander, then tried to download the dayzmod from commander. its telling me my arma 2 is up to date but that dayz is not found, when i hit install it gives me this..

would really appreciate any help. this has got to be the hardest game to fix issues with it is really not user friendly AT ALL.

It's been a long time, but I believe you need to launch both ArmA 2 and Operation Arrowhead before installing the mod.

Send me the PM we discussed when you are online and I will try to help you sort it out. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Yes, it can be extremely frustrating at times, that's a result of it being a mod and not an actual fully released game. You should take Sula's kind offer or failing that ask Amberhelios to help, he always manages to get peoples issues fixed eventually.

• Like 2

this guy got a metric shit ton more help than me DX (amma following these steps anyway)

that message can mean a couple of things either dayz commanders cdn site is down or your firewall or antivirus is blocking the software

check to see if the net framework is enabled in programs and features win 8 its disabled by default

• Like 1

also download operation arrowhead beta

use the steam version of dayzmod and launch with steam (it will prompt you to play using beta patch, tick yes)

http://store.steampowered.com/app/224580/

DayZ commander used to be great but just doesn't launch stuff correctly for me now. I just launch through steam and use ingame browser. Try it, then at least you will know if it's dayzcommander being an arse :)

• Like 1

this guy got a metric shit ton more help than me DX (amma following these steps anyway)

It's luck of the draw dude. We try to help as many as we can, sometimes the timings all wrong, we're in bed and you slip through the net.

• Like 1

erm aren't you on my steam friend list after i helped you last time :)

• Like 2

I'll do what I can to help anyone. I have the game via steam but I don't play using steam. I used to upgrade manually, which seemed to happen about 3 times a week but lately, I've been using dayz commander and rarely seem to need to update.

I don't know about other ways of installing dayz mod and updating it, so I'm not sure if I will be able to find answers for you ghillie but I'll try.

• Like 1

Off topic - Amber, why aren't you red yet with the official title?

On topic - I thought I recognised that name! ReklSnipeez! You did get a shit-ton of help.

• Like 1

Off topic - Amber, why aren't you red yet with the official title?

On topic - I thought I recognised that name! ReklSnipeez! You did get a shit-ton of help.

off topic - i don't know fraggles

on topic yeah i gave him help on here and on steam and he could of easily come back to me on there im always knocking about you know that fraggles :)