victusmortuus

Why don't people leave the coast?

I got to Electro and try and make friends with people or just do stupid shit that gets me killed quite often, being that I am on the coast that doesn't really matter as I can be back in a few minutes and continue doing stupid shit.

Sneak up on snipers and bloodbag them without them noticing.

Rob armed played using only a flashlight

Convince players to trade their guns for my tin cans and flares.

Chase an unarmed player with an axe for 10 minutes until they finally give up. Then trade with them or give them blood.

etc

I've spent a lot of time up North but have just run out of things to do, nowadays I get most of my enjoyment out of player interaction so there really isn't much point heading North as most players are on the coast anyway, even if I wanted to get fully armed I'd just kill someone who has come down to Cherno/Electro and take his gear but then what? I can tell you the vast majority of players hang around the coast because it's a hotspot for pvp. The game really needs some end-game content that would make me want to travel North, if it's just collecting gear and pvp I can do that quicker on the coast.

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 2

I got to Electro and try and make friends with people or just do stupid shit that gets me killed quite often, being that I am on the coast that doesn't really matter as I can be back in a few minutes and continue doing stupid shit.

Sneak up on snipers and bloodbag them

Rob armed played using only a flashlight

Convince players to trade their guns for my tin cans and flares.

I've spent a lot of time up North but have just run out of things to do, nowadays I get most of my enjoyment out of player interaction so there really is not much point heading North as most players are on the coast anyway, even if I wanted to get fully armed I'd just kill someone who has come down to Cherno/Electro and take his gear.

I like to drop all my things and sit in populated areas doing the surrender animation.

Because they keep dying before they can get away from it?

I get geared up and head up country, so I don't really know why. Maybe they are trying to increase chances of killing other players?

The only thing we have on the coast is Kamenka suicide prevention center and a firestation at Komorovo. It's the people clinging to Elektro and Cherno that is annoying.

I stay at the coast to watch others slaughter eachother in Elektro or Cherno and then see the reactions in side chat and there are fully geared squads around Stary and NWAF that keep on killing people with their snipers from a hill (I like that some use tactics, but I don't like that they snipe a guy with an AK who is 800 meters away)

If the server is empty, I usually visit the first big city on my way, then start scaling up to Stary Sobor, taking all the deerstands along the way. I usually don't come down to the south coast unless I have done everything I can (NWAF, Berezino, western towns and Zeleno). Then I might want to get into some fights.

If the server has over 30 people on it, I wont bother with big cities. You will only find geared up players that are there to kill you before you get your hands on a weapon.

Edited by Sutinen

Does it matter? People are going to do what they want to do. It's mainly because that is where you spawn. Personally I think there should be more spawns up the east coast. Spawned in players head to the cities to gear up, other players are then drawn to this. I was even on one server last night that had a barracks and fire station at Balota.

I would reckon most people don't like going North because people who hang round the airfields are very likely to be more geared than them so they are more likely to die.

I've never really noticed this common player trait until I had access to tools like DayzCC for our server. It seems everybody just congregates around Elektro and Cherno. My question is why?

I don't know, but I don't see it as disadvantage. The more that stay in Cherno, the better for those who travel north.

I usually head north as soon as I find a can of beans and a drink. If you memorize a few landmarks, it's pretty easy to navigate without a map, and stick to the woods.

Though sometimes it's fun to do a suicide run through the big cities, sometimes you get lucky, mostly you get dead.

The massacre that goes in the coastal cities when the server full is still fun. I don't usually visit them then, but once as a fresh spawn I thought going trough it. Went to the school, picked up a double-barreled, an enfield guy rushes in and shoots me, but I take no damage because of the lag. Then I shot him in the face and I managed to kill him.

After that I go to the church, when a crossbow wielding bandit runs in. He points it at me but runs away when he can't get a clear shot. I run after him, but find another guy going in the little booth on the yard of the firestation.

I run inside there and shoot him in the head once again. Then I go back to the school, hear someone bandaging himself on the roof, so I write some gibberish in direct chat, throw a few flares in there for laughs and he responds with "fuck you" or something like that.

Then an Ural drives right trough Elektro and the guy that had been stalking me from the hospital rooftop shoots me. Pretty fun indeed, lag filled non-restarted server fun.

Edited by Sutinen

I stay at the coast because if the standalone is out soon I don't see the point in trying to survive up north may as well have fun at the coast until then.

Edited by Zecele

They have an aversion to finding crash sites.