Sign in to follow this  
word.pad

Why its better to stay at 1.7.6.1

So are people actually happy with the 1.7.7 Patch?

I decided to stick with Vanilla 1.7.6.1 on Brains of Britain UK#2 as there are just a multitude of problems created from 1.7.7 additions and 1.7.6.1 overall just feels far more stable.

With 1.7.7 I noticed the following bugs:

• Zombies hit you from 5-10ft away
  • Zombies knock you down like every 2nd hit
  • Zombies still glitch through objects
  • Zombies still hit you through walls
  • Zombies infect you far to often
  • Many Zombies are just bugged, standing around like frozen
  • nearly no antibiotics spawning
  • all loot-spawns are messed up (nearly not usable loot)
  • FPS-Drops
  • Pitching Tents is buggy
  • Making fireplaces is “laggy” / delayed
  • Duping-Problems (Tents)
  • Giving Bloodbags gets your kicked (Serversided, still a bug)
  • Crashsites-Bugs (no zombies, no loot, zombies spawn 10-100m away from it)
  • Side-Chat is disabled

I was excited about the patch when i read the announcement was posted that its finally done, but after a few days of testing i think this really needs some hotfixes and more adjustments to work properly and to play it at a good performance.

Until that i´ll stay with 1.7.61, would suggest you guys to do the same.

• Like 2

Agreed. I am staying with 1.7.6.1 until there is a major hotfix or more stable patch. 1.7.7 was so buggy that I couldnt even appreciate the new additions such as stashes, RPK or the Baseball Bat. I can't believe this patch was released - seemingly without any testing done in towns?

My first life I had made it all the way to NWAF.. I had a bat, nails, and so much good loot. And I had no idea how lucky I was. My lives since I have only made as far north as Zelenogorsk due to the insane infection rate and zeds pulling off the impossible. I like 1.7.7, but I highly dislike the issues.. it should be fun to survive and play, not mundane and trivial.

I did like some of the new features, like the Makarov SD and slightly harder to kill zombies. But being knocked over every 10 seconds, then getting an infection and not finding any antibiotics after visiting 3 hospitals did it for me.

• Like 2

adopt or die - you four seem to do do the second...

i dont have any problems with the new infected.

got nocked down maybe about 10 times now... and i played alot the last days...

you seem to dont get how to deal with the new machanix and so you get killed - well like it would be in RealLife to... there are some who will survive because they act right and there will be alot not able to adobt and die...

• Like 1

I don't see what is so hard about this patch. When zombies agro me I kill them with a hatchet to not attract more and I drop my primary-AK-74 Kobra to do that if its a big building. I like how zeds can knock us down even if it is a bit annoying. I also like the rarer loot and antibiotics cause you have to work hard to get your good gear and food. I myself found 2 antibiotics in a Barn and haven't had to use 1myet even with my many trips to Cherno/Electro.

most of the bugs are getting fixed. and about the duping: duping is easy to do even in 1.7.6.1 and any other patch. its a way that is known about from the very first day and it hasnt been fixed so far

I reverted also, not sure if the hot fix will do anything to help 1.7.7.

I would say the fundamental flaw with the patch was trying to make pve harder which had a knock on effect of making pvp a lot less enjoyable.

Last point and for me the nail in the coffin, the patch makes gearing up a grind, this is the worst thing that can happen, once you create a grind in any game you will cause frustration and eventually people lose interest.

I'm not a cod lover I just think 1.7.6.1 is the perfect game even with the many bugs.

• Like 2

Personally i think 1.7.7 is better, 1.7.6.1 was far to easy and i was just rolling in gear, the game was no fun for me.

Personally i think 1.7.7 is better, 1.7.6.1 was far to easy and i was just rolling in gear, the game was no fun for me.

If 1.7.7 would make the game just a little bit harder and dont gets it totally broken - i would agree.

It has some advantages, but it has for more disadvantages, massive bugs and all the new stuff brings in new & already fixed bugs again. (character dupe, tent dupe)

I´ll stick with 1.7.6.1 until 1.7.7 runs smooth, on a good performance and is fixed.

Better play the game with some more pvp and easier gear but still enjoy it, instead of playing it filled with bugs and dieing because the devs didnt think when implementing some of the features - for me 1.7.7 is just a waste of time, seems it only a timesink until the SA comes out.

Even finding food and drinks or the tools to get them out of the nature can take over 1 hour of time in big loot spots like Cherno or Elektro - just a senseless grind.

Some matches and a knife should be in every house, if someone gets around the corner with an "realistic"-argument.

In 1.7.6.1 i just enter the town, search a few houses and got at least a knife, some matches and a pistol to defend myself - if i take a higher risk of looting longer i can get more - the advantages & disadvantages of looting a big city.

In 1.7.7 you just grind for these things - a mess.

Edited by JuggernautNukes

Every single release has needed a hotfix. always wait for the final before judging

adopt or die - you four seem to do do the second...

i dont have any problems with the new infected.

got nocked down maybe about 10 times now... and i played alot the last days...

you seem to dont get how to deal with the new machanix and so you get killed - well like it would be in RealLife to... there are some who will survive because they act right and there will be alot not able to adobt and die...

I understand the new mechanics, but I have one zombie knock me down, then as soon as 3-4 more came, you can't get back up because as soon as you try to run away, due to the amount of zombies one of them will knock you down again, had absolutely no chance to defend myself at that point. And as for the infections now, by the time you get infected chances are you've lost blood from the zombie hitting you, and have about 30 minutes to find antibiotics before you bleed out. If you're not near a city, you're boned, if you're near a city, you're still pretty screwed because antibiotics hardly spawn anymore.

I'm only talking from experience here, don't bitch because we've found problems. We've tried to play, we've had problems and announced them. You've obviously just been more fortunate than us.

What kind of Alpha tester thumbs his nose at the development team and says "no thanks, you'll have to do better before I am willing to test?"

Sure you are playing the mod for fun more than the testing, that much is obvious. But if you want to influence the direction of the game you need to play the newest versions and provide constructive feedback to the development team. If you are unhappy about the new version then please play it and document in detail what exactly you are unhappy about and think needs changing. I like at least that you made a list of reasons why you are reverting. Now that you're going back to the old version your feedback will undoubtedly be less valuable.

I understand that people are upset about many of the changes which add difficulty, but lets be honest, we've all been spoiled rotten by the overabundance of loot and the ease of avoiding zombies. There have always been bugs. As such a massive piece of software, it is likely that there will always be bugs. The whole point of this endeavor is to crowd-source the development of DayZ. Nobody is going to force you to participate, but refusing to update in what appears to be some kind of protest against the changes is not a productive enterprise for the state of the mod.

Change and adapt, the only constant thing in life is that everything changes.

Origins is offering everything I want so there's probably nothing less than proper base building that would draw me back to vanilla, but I loved the sound of these latest patch changes. However the main issue with zombies will always be their glitchyness, wall haxing, zig zagging antics. As we've seen from E3, even standalone still has these issues, but I hope in standalones case it can be resolved.

I have noticed that PvP is more in 1.7.7 than older. Loot is rarer and players will KoS for a soda or food. Not to mention antibiotics

What i got from this thread was.

Zombies are a threat now so i should revert back too 1.7.6.1 so i can loot up easy and go pvp in electro and cherno because i can't be bothered adapting.

People need to learn to adapt.

Let's just call the game "AlphaZ". It will always be in this state. And when it finally makes the big time,

people will have tired of it. Have a nice evening.

• Like 5

Why is this even a topic? This is really just a argument magnet. There are plenty of threads going discussing the 1.7.7. and this is just one to start trouble.

Op makes valid points.

Adapt to what?

bugged to shit zombies?

that just isn't fun.

ok ok you are a badass and like a challenge ... cool me too

but zeds are too buggy to make them more difficult.

• Like 2

What i got from this thread was.

Zombies are a threat now so i should revert back too 1.7.6.1 so i can loot up easy and go pvp in electro and cherno because i can't be bothered adapting.

People need to learn to adapt.

I did like some of the new features, like the Makarov SD and slightly harder to kill zombies.

And so what, you want me to test then say nothing? Think of this as feedback.