rokku

Huge fps drop..

Hello.

As you may see from the topic title, I need some help with this lag problem.. I used to get 60fps in forests and stuff, and now I can barely get 30. Where's the problem?

Specs:

Memory: 4096MB RAM

Processor: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q8200 @ 2.33GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz

GPU: AMD HD 7750 1GB

Windows 7 64bit

Commands I'm using in DayZ Commander: -nosplash -noIntro -maxMem=2047 -noPause -cpucount=4 -world=chernarus -malloc=system -high -exThreads=7

Tried using RAMDISK and stuff, not working, arma2oa.cfg fix too (render distance etc.)

I really need help :( Tommorow I'm cleaning my PC, too much dust are inside. EDIT: CLEANED, NOTHING CHANGED.

HEEEEELP MEEE, I'M DESPERATE

Edited by Rombas

Still, any known issues? How could I improve the performance?

You have a very similar computer to me, but I have a better CPU, I would recommend cleaning it up, make sure your not playing on too high pinged servers.

The new patch has some serious FPS issues, just take a look at the hotfix changelog and you will see.. fixes are inbound

I had that lag in the previous versions of dayz. :/ And the server I'm playing in has 36-47 ping. (UK server, I'm from Lithuania). So that's not ping problem. Btw, I'm using the lowest settings I can (except for 3d resolution, it's 100%)

I hope it's nothing seriuos...

Btw, I can play Battlefield 3, Far Cry 3 at 50-70fps.

Edited by Rombas

If you haven't already, you should turn post processing off. It's in the advanced video settings. It decreased my lag a fair amount.

His CPU is good enough to run DayZ on playable FPS (but overclocked though, 4 cores on 2.2 GHz isn't really what you're looking for).

You have a very similar computer to me, but I have a better CPU, I would recommend cleaning it up, make sure your not playing on too high pinged servers.

What cpu do you have?

Okay, I cleaned my pc up. It gone no better except it loaded faster. What should I do?

You could try and do a disk defragment. If you're playing on a laptop connect it to a power source or put it on high performance.

Make sure you aren't running a beta patch above 103718 too.

My beta patch is always the newest. I have just defraged both of my drives. I have a dekstop pc.

It shouldn't be. :/ The server is in UK and I live in Lithuania. So that's around 1720km. And my ping is 36 - 47 when playing there, so it's not high.

Going to test how's the fps after the defrag.

Edited by Rombas