OrlandoKiller

Hospitals are empty...

So, Ive been in every single hospital in Electro and Cherno and there isnt even the empty medical boxes, its like a building with nothing..

Any Tips?

med boxes i beleive are no more.

loot is a lot more precious nowadays with 1.7.7

check behind the hospitals.

loot sometime spawns on the ground. close to the building

check med tens in cherno.

Edited by methr1k2dop3

med boxes i beleive are no more.

I've seen two med boxes before

I've seen two med boxes before

interesting, i have yet to come across them.

Heard people saying they took them out.

there are still medboxes - they are just got realy realy rare (found 3 so far since the new patch - all on Helicrashes to be honest because i dont go anymore into cities if not totaly necessary).

with the rest i completly agree with methr1k2dop3.

b

there are still medboxes - they are just got realy realy rare (found 3 so far since the new patch - all on Helicrashes to be honest because i dont go anymore into cities if not totaly necessary).

with the rest i completly agree with methr1k2dop3.

b

Med boxes still spawn, at least at heli crashes. Also, it may just be extreme luck, but both med tents in Cherno each had several antibiotics in them when looking around. Zombie doctors also have a chance to drop them when killed.

Edited by Blippy

With all the traffic through the cities antibiotics especially are gonna be long gone i reckon.

Probably need to check places a little more isolated.

Edited by DemonGroover

So, Ive been in every single hospital in Electro and Cherno and there isnt even the empty medical boxes, its like a building with nothing..

Any Tips?

If you're having no luck in Electro or Cherno i would suggest the hospital at Berezino. Anytime i've looted that area it's ok nothing great (Haven't see a medical box in a hospital yet) but have come across bloodags and the "Holy Grail" antibiotics.

• Like 1

Medical boxes still spawn in hospitals, just very rarely, medical loot in general now has a chance of spawning at all loot locations. not just hospitals.

True, I found antibiotics in the firestation twice.

Any Antibiotics I have found have been either heli crashes or random, one was in an outhouse.

Hit a hospital in Elektro yesterday to see if my buddy was lying and it was totally empty minus I think a couple bandages on the floor inside.

Check on tables <<<<<< and other places i wont spoil it.

Well you see, sometimes I come across buildings (and crash sites) with no loot at all and I'm not foot. Nothing to do with tables.

Edited by Sutinen

I haven't really had time to play DayZ since the new patch but it would be a bit annoying if you go to ALL the medical spawns and don't find a single box

I haven't really had time to play DayZ since the new patch but it would be a bit annoying if you go to ALL the medical spawns and don't find a single box

It is a bit. The new infection routine is clever, in that it forces the players to raid the hospitals thus making them bunch together in a new set of locations. I think the intention was to produce more opportunities for the players to bond, make friends, trade antibiotics, band together against the zombie threat etc, but in practice it turns the hospitals into sniper death zones because that's human nature. Give a man a hammer and suddenly everything looks like a nail. It's irritating to brave this gauntlet only to find three piles of empty cans, some painkillers, and bandages. Especially if you're slowly dying. Thank the Lord Almighty that the epi-pens aren't more crucial to the gameplay, because they seem to be even rarer.

My suggestion? Infection makes the screen shake; your temperature slowly goes up; as it reaches a certain limit you start to pass out; then you pass out for a minute; then you're cured, but you still need painkillers to get rid of the screen shake (let's pretend they're NSAIDs). I'm reminded of Ernst Jünger's Storm of Steel. In one of the later chapters Ernst falls ill with the influenza pandemic that struck down lots of servicemen at the end of the war. He finds that the sweat and effort of assaulting allied trenches burns this off, and he's right as rain afterwards. A similar mechanism - I don't care if it's medically accurate - would work wonders for the gameplay (let's imagine that you can still cure yourself instantly by necking down some antibiotics).

Give a man a hammer and suddenly everything looks like a nail.

Yes... QFT

I just picked up a box of antibiotics in a house in a village, together with a ghillie and two MRE's. Cities are just not worth it, I roam the countryside with its forests and hills to get rid of the zombies.