derick2589

Could someone smarter than I tell me what just happened?

Hey fellow Dayz players,

I was wondering if someone could help me figure out what happened to me about 30 min ago on BMRF #3. My game crashed and when I came back my player was still there with all my stuff. Initially I thought maybe I had duped but then my character started moving. I'm seriously confused and a bit freaked out lol. Did AI take over my character? Is it a player? Huge glitch?

Thanks peeps,

Derick

Please excuse the quality (and my language), I uploaded it very quickly.

Your character was duped and for some reason it recieved an AI.

Or at least thats my opinion.

Your character was duped and for some reason it recieved an AI.

Or at least thats my opinion.

I figure so. I guess the zombies not aggroing on "him" is a dead giveaway. It's so weird though, this has never happened to me lol.

Yup this is a glitch with ghillies and camo clothes. Beware your clone will run to and attempt to drive/fly vehicles. A friend said one actually got in his heli and crashed it :P

• Like 2

If I had to guess it looks to me like you edited the vid at 0:15 and switched to footage from another players perspective who runs straight to your position.

Edited by (MUC) Feral
  • Like 1

Yup this is a glitch with ghillies and camo clothes. Beware your clone will run to and attempt to drive/fly vehicles. A friend said one actually got in his heli and crashed it :P

Wow really? This is such a weird glitch! Thanks for the clarification, it was really freaking me out for a bit.

If I had to guess it looks to me like you edited the vid at 0:15 and switched to footage from another players perspective who runs straight to your position.

Lol, not even brother. I stopped recording after my game froze and started back up when i was spawning back in and then cut the two clips together.

DayZ has no control system like this.

Well, what do you* think happened then? Was I hacked?

Edited by derick2589

I am not sure why you knowingly ran into a dead-end with no weapon, where you couldn't have expected to find your own duped body, past countless Zombies, unless you were in on the shenanigans.

No idea. Ask a BMRF admin to check some logs.

• Like 1

Same kind of thing happend to me yesterday i put a ghille on my game crashed. my buddy was by me so when i was trying to log back in my buddy got shot down by my body i spawned in next to my duped body and nothing happend to me my character just ran off and me and him were the only two on the server

• Like 1

I am not sure why you knowingly ran into a dead-end with no weapon, where you couldn't have expected to find your own duped body, past countless Zombies, unless you were in on the shenanigans.

No idea. Ask a BMRF admin to check some logs.

Well I didn't expect to find anything except maybe the ghillie suit again. I thought my character data didn't save. So when I ran back I thought maybe the ghillie suit would still there. It sucks you guys are so skeptical, but I understand why. I'm not pulling any "shenanigans," I just want to know wtf happened.

Very strange, notice the George Smith name towards the end. He is the default player model in ArmA. You'll find a George Smith NPC/AI appears in DayZ randomly sometimes nobody knows why though. Glitch in the matrix I suppose. You'll find a few stories of this George Smith ghost if you search.

Edited by SmashT
  • Like 2

this bugs is causing by the following steps:

1: find clothing

2: wear it when Tent, lootstash, cartrunk, backpack or other external gear is open

3: get kicked from BattleEye for corrupted Data / Gamecrash

----

youll rejoin the server at the last safed state of your char and see youre clone either stand still at that position you got kicked or running arround in DayZ till the next serverstart

in some cases the duped char seems to be taken over by the ARMA2 engine / KI system. in the most cases we have seen that the "BOT" will run to the neares chopper and take seat at pilot or gunner position.

in one case a mate of me got KILLED by a "BOT" on the doorgun of our UH-1H o.O

Edited by quattro_ger
  • Like 1

this bugs is causing by the following steps:

1: find clothing

2: wear it when Tent, lootstash, cartrunk, backpack or other external gear is open

3: get kicked from BattleEye for corrupted Data / Gamecrash

----

youll rejoin the server at the last safed state of your char and see youre clone either stand still at that position or running arround in DayZ till the next serverstart

in some cases the Deped char seems to be taken over by the ARMA2 engine / KI system. in the most cases we have seen that the "BOT" will run to the neares chopper and take seat at pilot or gunner position.

in one case a mate of me got KILLED by a "BOT" on the doorgun of our UH-1H o.O

Thanks dude

You have my beans.

• Like 1

mystery solved =) sry for suggesting you faked it

All good dude. Good looting and good luck.

-Derick