Sign in to follow this  
IcyZ

Your favorite QUIET weapon for zombie control

Vote now!  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite weapon for silent zombie killing(no guns)

• Hatchet
    • Crossbow
    • Machete
    • Bat
    • Crowbar
    • Whiskey Bottles
    • Flares and cans
    • GOD's P3n!s (<--censored )
    • Steep hills

What is your favorite QUIET weapon for zombie killing that doesn't use bullets?

Edited by IcyZ

whiskey bottles

You can now vote for them

• Like 1

none of these...

to high risk of infection.

im glad everytime i can change to a real weapon.

Wait, there's a bat in dayz now?

In the new 1.7.7 patch

• Like 1

My Penis.

Hatchet...i guess.

>_>

Edited by GOD™
  • Like 1

Added more options according to the comments :D

I've relied most on the trusty hatchet, even dumping my primary in the jeep when scavenging. Rifles are only necessary to deal with asshat players otherwise I wouldn't waste the inventory space on one.

Uh-oh, apologies, but I feel a crossbow grievance rant coming on ...

[RANT] I would prefer the crossbow, but it has been repeatedly and progressively ruined, in a pointless and obvious attempt at balancing that isn't even necessary.

The crossbow already only has a quoted 30m range, has terrible sights and is slow as molasses to reload anyway ... so is there really any need to have only six bolts in a quiver, removal of one round at a time to load it (wtf), only one quiver in the inventory at a time, 20% chance of arrow breakage when already arrows can't be recovered if the target falls on top of them.

So why cripple the crossbow so badly? Just because it is silent? Utter nonsense. Crossbows are what they are, either have them in game without crippling them, or get rid of them. [/RANT]

I don't quite get the whiskey bottle or steep hills vote option. Like other throwables, bottles are distractions, not weapons, not silent and not that effective either. Not like smoke grenades, which drive zeds crazy for some strange reason. Hills ... ??? Unless they induce cardiac arrest in zeds, I doubt they're much use for killing them either.

Edited by RN_Max

Steep hills had my vote until I realized it wasn't fair to the poor zeds who have no clue what the flip is happening, so cans wins.

I don't quite get the whiskey bottle or steep hills vote option. Like other throwables, bottles are distractions, not weapons, not silent and not that effective either. Not like smoke grenades, which drive zeds crazy for some strange reason. Hills ... ??? Unless they induce cardiac arrest in zeds, I doubt they're much use for killing them either.

If a zed follows you down a steep enough hill he will just run off the like something from a warner brothers cartoon and then plummet to his his death. its amusing.

%7B1E1A7AD4-A4E5-46E8-9853-AA45D0E16649%7D10152012_WileECoyote1_article.jpg

And i voted hatchet.

but then changed it to steep hill.

Edited by Fluxley

Flare & Cans

Is that a hint that we will be able to craft e new weapon? Put a flare in a can, light it up, throw it, zombies get attracted to it and then BLAWM it explodes!!!

The crossbow is the most coolest, but it still needs some love. Why do the arrows break? You lose more than enough of them through glitches.

If a zed follows you down a steep enough hill he will just run off the like something from a warner brothers cartoon and then plummet to his his death. its amusing.

Happened to me once, got killed because I couldn't stop laughing...

Hello there

The hatchet is my preferred weapon of choice in almost all situations. I tend to use a 1911 for anything requiring range.

Rgds

LoK

I'd also have to say the hatchet after all i am "The Axe Saviour".