Sign in to follow this  
UmBe

Night Vision [SA]

We all know about rockets plan to make night vision devices super rare (like 100 for everyone).

I don't like that to much, so my idea is to implement different generations of night vision goggles. From 1 to 3+.

Gen 3+= 50 spawned

Gen 3 = 100 spawned

Gen 2 = 200 spawned

Gen 1 = 10000 spawned

They could balance the 1st gen like they did in S.T.A.L.K.E.R:

Make it blurry as fuck. So the user does not gain a super advantage.

http://media.moddb.c...12-24_00001.jpg

the different generations compared to one another:

http://suburbansurvi.../09/nv-gens.jpg

http://i186.photobuc...eComparison.jpg

Maybe they could include Night Vision devices with defect lenses, so that the picture quality goes down.

PS.: all Night Vision goggles should require AA-Batteries to operate.

Edited by UmBe

I would rather see a military version

and a craft-able version

a thread awhile back proved you could craft basic working night-vision from a TV remote and some other easy to find junk.

I think 1st Gen Night Vision would fit great, because one could say that the local hunter where using them, which would make them civilian equipment.

I didn't watch TWD for some time...did they have CoD style pimped guns by now? Do they use night vision at all? Do they use tanks? I wonder why our protagonist didn't use the tank from the first episodes...must be because he never really needed it...? He must have had other priorities then.

If you talk about night vision scopes no problem as long as you can't use them with scopes. You need NV scopes for that. I doubt there will be many left if they were left.

Edited by Enforcer

Honestly, I think night-vison should be so rare that it's effectively non-existant as far as we're concerned.

@ leviski, you could slap-together a makeshift NV-cam with some IR-LEDs and a camera-phone, but it would be REALLY crap.

We're talking not much more than 5M view range when you're outisde. It wouldn't be worth the hassle.

Those Gen 1 NVs are useless anyway since you need an IR illuminator to see anything and that will tell your position away if there is another guy with a NV device.

Well that's why they have flashlights as a very common light and fires as well sort of. Maybe making two types of NV would suffice. Have the rarity go from flashlight to NV gen 2 or something then, gen 3. After that set the rarity percentage accordingly.

Hopefully it is exceedingly rare, as it would be nice to see added incentives for players to use flares, chemlights and flashlights to balance out their downsides.

I don't know if there is anyway they could fix it, but some kind of gamma limited would be cool too, because cranking your Nvidia settings to maximum gamma is the true night vision.

I like this.

Different types of night vision.

But i also like no night vision, i feel a lot more sneaky at night like you should.

Night vision just takes away from it.