Sign in to follow this  
Composite Armour

Why do people store gear?

I never got this.

When I find a really good gun, I see if it has ammo available and then replace it with my old gun.

When I find something better, I upgrade.

I can carry a primary weapon for PVP.

I can carry a secondary weapon for PVE.

What's the point in storing something I can't or won't use?

Well it depends what you mean by storing gear. If you mean by having another weapon in your backpack, people do it so they can have for an example a sniper or just a long range weapon and one for close quarter battle. That's what I do. If you are speaking about storing gear into tents etcetera, you never know if you're gonna die and you're gonna need a gun, or if your gun runs out of ammo. It's also a way of making sure people don't get good guns really.

Well it depends what you mean by storing gear. If you mean by having another weapon in your backpack, people do it so they can have for an example a sniper or just a long range weapon and one for close quarter battle. That's what I do. If you are speaking about storing gear into tents etcetera, you never know if you're gonna die and you're gonna need a gun, or if your gun runs out of ammo. It's also a way of making sure people don't get good guns really.

what he said, its good to have an m4/m16 and a AK so you can switch as and when you have ammo

plus having a camp to stock up gives you something to do when you are geared up (an endgame)

lastly it makes it SO much easyer to keep a car going long term as a lonewolf

We have camps to re-equip after death :)

Before a battle we stock up so we are ready to take on others, pointless if you don't have blood bags and ammo.

• Like 1

You constantly lose things in DayZ. Also, if you don't know what weapon you like best, you want to try something out? Maybe you even like the idea of having several weapons you chose from? Another point is, its a survival game. Survival wouldn't work without any kind of storage, might it be food or supplies in general, but you NEED storage anyway. Then you don't know what happens and what ammo you'll find. So if you would always find the ammo for the weapon you carry, this would be no problem. This is just not the case...

My reason: I just like the variety which many different things offer. And I like to chose what I use when I want to.

Edited by Ken Bean

The accumulation of weapons, gear and vehicles for use to destroy other people and accumulate even more things is the endgame for your typical clan. :) Getting killed and looting and running around for 1 hour to get geared up again gets tiresome after a while. Don't get me wrong, even with a clan, and a camp, you'll find yourself starting from scratch sometimes, but if you can save yourself some of that hassle, why not?

Edited by jovial

And some people just like collecting loot. i went through a stage when i had tents scattered all around the map just full of almost every gun in the game, funny thing is i'm perfectly happy to just run around with a lee enfield or an Sa58v.

But what can i say, i like stuff.

• Like 2

i usually set up a tent and store car parts i find.

comes in quite handy.

Also a good strategy is to store precious loot before doing something dangerous.

Like taking a stroll through Cherno.

Since all of my wide spread tents on a server have been robbed within a day (How did they do it? They are hidden as heck. They must have had a vegetation hack or sth. They took all the precious. Antibiotics, rare guns and ammo and left their shitty SVDs.) I really don't know. Basically it's just like stashing up for other people. Also repairing helicopters is just like doing it for others.

All of this gets stolen anyway, so really, storing items has no point. Since I play there's literally nothing I would have kept, but the worthles loot. Have been robbed a thousand times or lost it due to bugs. Everything gets stolen. There are folks which does no other. I'd really appreciate if the Stand Alone would offer an unrobbable, save base. Otherwhise I don't really know any longer why on earth I would search for loot and store it.

Considering the new tent placement system, I see no light. It's probably even way easier.

I often hear the folks which claims that they don't care about loot. Well, I do. It's what most of the time I'm doing: searching for loot. So of cause I care about it. I wouldn't KoS only because of that, but the majority does. So in fact, almost everyone cares about the loot. Those who are seeking for (and actually play the game as intented, trying to make their way through towns etc hour for hours) and those who are robbing or killing for.

I'm at apoint where I'm feed up with.

I learned that the survival game doesn't want you to survive. It only wants you trying. There's nothing to win. There's nothing to keep. It's an endless new beginning. And all what you do, at the end of the day, there's a troll is enjoying it.

So after all, if you don't have anything, you can't lose it.

Edited by Ken Bean

Just took my hatchet and destroyed the tents. The gear in there sadly wasn't that wothy, they almost left nothing, maybe 60 items of middle-low value, I'd guess. I wish I could have destroyed everything before. But some meat, ammo and vehicle parts were still there. I also dropped my M4A1 SD. Now, who ever that was, has to fuc'ing find it himself.

Was quite satisfying, should have done it earlier.

Edited by Ken Bean

I don't bother with tents. I carry what I need and should I need anything further, the adventure acquiring it is the fun.

Not using a tent is the only way to guarantee your gear will be there when you log back in.

• Like 1

if I happen to find a tent, or am playing on a server with one i already pitched, then I might stash some stuff in case I die. I tend to place tents near to the common spawn points. Suddenly kamenka don't look so bad if i'm 500m from some basic tool belt items and a decent primary.

Edited by (MUC) Feral

I don't bother with tents. I carry what I need and should I need anything further, the adventure acquiring it is the fun.

Not using a tent is the only way to guarantee your gear will be there when you log back in.

Took me a while to get there.^^ Relying on tent just is a waste of time. I now destroyed all my tents on other server and it feels right.

• Like 1

And some people just like collecting loot. i went through a stage when i had tents scattered all around the map just full of almost every gun in the game, funny thing is i'm perfectly happy to just run around with a lee enfield or an Sa58v.

But what can i say, i like stuff.

^This. I just like to collect gear. Most of the time I never even use the stuff I put into my tents, but I enjoy seeing all that good stuff piled up in one place. Also, it's nice to have a stash of stuff around because you never know when you might need it.

I found someones tent with three pieces of cooked bacon inside ..THREE PIECES !!! It was a beautiful moment.

• Like 1

Found a clans tens yesterday. We just took 2 weapons, some bloodbags and some ammo. Wont hurt them I guess.

My buds and I store goods in vehicles, tents, whatever. When we log back in and its gone, oh well. Some of the most exciting parts of this game come from finding hidden caches, like a car loaded with ammo and medical supplies. The way I see it, we're just continuing a really fun cycle of give and take, a treasure hunt that always grants excitement to the explorer and a minor inconvenience to the storer.