NovaDose

To Everyone Complaining About 1.7.7

Perhaps all those empty cans are telling me something, like throw them and sneak more. I keep forgetting that and moving at running speed feels slow once you've supped on a vehicle using yon shift key.

• Like 2

OP is missing the point. Many of us don't play deathmatch in Cherno or Electro but head North right after spawning.

I have no problems getting decent equipment. But sooner or later a Z WILL hit me. Because he glitched through a wall. Spawned right on top of me. Teleports behind me. Or does any of the weird stuff DayZ zombies are known to do. You WILL get infected. And then it's GAME OVER. Simple as that.

Play for more than 3-4 hrs and come back, saying infection is fine. I dare you.

• Like 13

OP makes the right points. The infected are supposed to be the real threat. Start treating them like it and you'll live longer. You can play as you want, but obviously the pvp style gets you killed quickly.

if you want to gear quickly and just kill other players, you have the wrong game. Go give wasteland a try.

• Like 1

OP is missing the point. Many of us don't play deathmatch in Cherno or Electro but head North right after spawning.

I have no problems getting decent equipment. But sooner or later a Z WILL hit me. Because he glitched through a wall. Spawned right on top of me. Teleports behind me. Or does any of the weird stuff DayZ zombies are known to do. You WILL get infected. And then it's GAME OVER. Simple as that.

I play like he does, and I believe it takes a good 3-4 hours to do so, thanks.

Perhaps all those empty cans are telling me something, like throw them and sneak more. I keep forgetting that and moving at running speed feels slow once you've supped on a vehicle using yon shift key.

It's also indicative of somewhere that's been looted out.

6 hrs last night with 20-30 other people in game. I did just fine. Played for maybe 3 the day before that, still alive. Clearly I'm doing something right that you are doing wrong man. If some people are surviving and others are dying...then clearly there's a divide between survivors and meat in the community.

If some people are surviving and others are dying...then clearly there's a divide between survivors and meat in the community.

Maybe they just have a hard time admitting...gasp...that they suck at this game.

• Like 3

I agree with all of the above!

Take my beans!!!

• Like 1

Does anyone remember when this game first got popular and the average survival time was 15 minutes or less? This game isn't supposed to be a walk in the park. You are supposed to struggle for it, and die often if you are not careful.

• Like 4

Just on a personal note:

I do my best to sneak around, and avoid zeds (especially the "viral" ones). I got myself an infection when helping someone out yesterday--so I took my fancy ass to the woods and kept killing animals to grill and eat. I survived doing this by killing/eating every few minutes to keep my blood up. I was able to survive a few hours doing this until I got the antibiotics I needed.

Was this harder? Sure. Did I survive? Yes.

I suppose my point is, you can get infected and write it off as a death--or you can do what you should be doing in a survival game...fighting to stay alive.

That's just my $.02

Edited by TG ! Jimmy
  • Like 15

It's not hard to survive if you are infected...just keep food in your backpack or raid hospitals to have some emergency medical supplies.

• Like 1

Some people liked the game before after this patch I dont even want to get this game anymore.

It seems to hard now as if it was not hard before.

The game was fine why could they not wait for the standalone to add all this stuff.

I know this game is not pvp but what is the point of looting if you dont find lots of cool stuff.

also are other maps/mods also updated with bad loot and the power full zombies,or is it just the main map.

Thanks

• Like 3

Lol I've been playing 2 days, no infection

Found loot easily as it spawns in doorways of Orr buildings now

I've been sneaking and easily getting gear and surviving

Keep quiet and stealthy or you will die, the times I've agreed are only by walking around a corner head on into a zombie or a random zombie in the woods

People are so intent on getting guns and shooting them they forget that the zombies are now a threat

• Like 2

Lol I've been playing 2 days, no infection

Found loot easily as it spawns in doorways of Orr buildings now

I've been sneaking and easily getting gear and surviving

Keep quiet and stealthy or you will die, the times I've agreed are only by walking around a corner head on into a zombie or a random zombie in the woods

People are so intent on getting guns and shooting them they forget that the zombies are now a threat

I hope you are right.

I have been so set on getting this game I never thought about the possibility of it being bad,and if a patch made it not as fun that would make me unhappy.

But I should not be worried I know this is the way to play.the game I am sure it will be fine.

Also when the standalone comes out I am sure that they will have balanced game.

May I just add that 1.7.7 taught me how to effectively use junk throwables?

Just grab a can and throw it away from where you want to be. It's like catnip, if you're patient.

• Like 2

Maybe they just have a hard time admitting...gasp...that they suck at this game.

Well, at the risk of sounding like a hypocrit... I don't think it's so much that they "suck" but more so that they don't want to admit they are doing it wrong or change their ways. They would rather have the mod change to accomodate them. When you have one group of players who think the game is still to easy and another group that thinks its now unplayably hard then I think the problem goes well beyond simple development/game play changes and more into the realm of social engineering. They could bring the game back a few notches, alienate the hardcore survivors, and no one gets any better...or they can make it harder and harder and we either develop as players, or just keep bitching and dying and doing the same thing over and over and expecting something different.

Take my beans!!!

Thanks!!!

Does anyone remember when this game first got popular and the average survival time was 15 minutes or less? This game isn't supposed to be a walk in the park. You are supposed to struggle for it, and die often if you are not careful.

I do!!! :D Many, many times I can remember cussing this game and it's creator and wondering why I keep coming back for more punishment. Than, over time, I got better. I think the current batch of players are either too new to have been here...or too accustomed to finding spawned in gear around every corner and being completely kitted in a night. The first time I had a week old character died I nearly broke my expensive ass gaming keyboard....so much rage.

I suppose my point it, you can get infected and write it off as a death--or you can do what you should be doing in a survival game...fighting to stay alive.

Or you can post your displeasure with the changes on a forum... lol

It seems to hard now as if it was not hard before.

It wasn't hard before, and it's not hard now either. Friendly suggestion if you are going to quit, try a game more like COD or battlefield. You will get more fulfillment out of that. (seriously not trolling, just suggesting) This game is meant for a hardcore elite few, I'm glad to see it catering to that now.

This is the core problem I think. People are hell bent on getting a gun and shooting at each other and thats not what this game is primarily about. Sure, it's one aspect...but if there ever comes a time when there are no ramifications for pulling a trigger and shooting someone else then there is something wrong. People should always want to save their bullets in case they need them. Until now Cherno and Elektro have been team death match arenas and nothing more...currently people are too busy dying because of their poor playing strategy to be killing each other.

May I just add that 1.7.7 taught me how to effectively use junk throwables?

Just grab a can and throw it away from where you want to be. It's like catnip, if you're patient.

ADAPTATION!!! Case in point!!!

See, this guy changed his playing style and is that much more effective and will live that much longer than others who think that the game should change to suit them...and not the other way around. Good going...and great suggestion man. I'm def gonna start doing that.

Edited by NovaDose
  • Like 4

People didn't know all this shit alrdy?? Lol

Apparently not lol.

I just found out that you can sleep in a tent to cure the infection. That said, infection is perfect and doesn't need rebalancing at all.

Going to the first village, not city, after respawning and waiting ten minutes as 12 zombies entered and left a cabin in a seemingly endless congo line is a little too much. I don't suck at this game. I am a friendly player. And I still feel the stronger zombies should not be the highly viral ones. The game feels unbalanced. Smarter zombies are good. Stronger zombies are good too. But to seemingly add MORE zombies at the same time, while greatly increasing infection chance, yet lowering chance of finding antibiotics is too one sided. Zombies can still run at superspeed, which is not realistic. After the patch, I've been crawling like a bambie again, but with zombies also changing paths now at will and numbering so many, it's inevitable that you will get spotted and infected. I don't mind getting infected, but cooking meet all the way to a city only to find no antibiotics is killing the risk/reward of this game. I don't mind it being more difficult, it's just very unbalanced against even good and patient players. I've always been a lone wolf and enjoy the survival aspect. Just with all these pro-zombie changes and the loot changes and the Z spawning in greater numbers, zombies still sprinting like Bolt, the Zs are slightly OP. EDIT: Just played two fresh starts. TOO MANY ZOMBIES. It's out of hand. Even small villages are now, oh, about 1000% harder than the NWAF was. I shouldn't see 18 Zs around one corner, ONE CORNER!, in a simple village.

Edited by need matches
  • Like 2

I like this patch, but I still quit DayZ because of it. Before you start raging at me, allow me to explain myself.

This is a quote from an admin on BMRF servers:

Now that I think about it' date=' zombies with this high of an infection rate are scary enough to warrant caution. It makes sense to me that the infection rate would be higher, because should a real outbreak happen and nobody is immune to the infection, wanting to avoid infection at all costs is a good thing.

However, if you're going to make it so that one hit from a zombie can potentially kill you, you[b'] can't have their aggro range as high as they are. If you run around like an idiot, you get hit a couple of times, then you're dead. But as some people have pointed out, it's hard to avoid aggro even by crouch walking, or maybe the aggro range is just borked. If they worked around this better, it would provide a great reason for stealthing around, because you never want to get hit by a zombie. It would also be an incentive to not shoot your weapons in town like crazy, because then you're guaranteed to get smacked by a zombie or two.

Of course fixing the bugs as well would be nice.

Here is my response:

This is the ONLY reason why I personally refuse to play DayZ now with this new infection patch. With real zombies, who go soley off of sight and not much hearing, it should be pretty easy to sneak around in prone and crouch and use walls as protection. But even in 1.7.6, zombies would still aquire aggro THROUGH concrete fences, and with this new infection, it's way to ridiculous to even attempt to play like that. I enjoy surviving, not pvp, and I won't play until they either remove the infection all together or completely fix the insane range/aggro that the zombies currently have.

All in all, it's true. You can't add a feature to the game like this when the range of the actual zombies, and their aggro range, is still the way it is. I get seen THROUGH WALLS, solid, concrete walls, that makes no sense whatsoever and needs to be fixed before adding the features that they added...

Edited by Balto
  • Like 3

Apparently not lol.

I just found out that you can sleep in a tent to cure the infection. That said, infection is perfect and doesn't need rebalancing at all.

Could have done with that information about an hour ago. I was doing alright for about 4 or so hours. I went to help out some survivor in the school, but ended up getting a machete in the leg (my own fault) and the poor guy didn't make it.

As i was using my last morphine I got overrun and infected. Did my best to find antibiotics and trying to keep my blood up with what food I could scavenge. Unfortunately the outcome was not to be in my favour and i soon succumbed to the infection.

I'm actually quite enjoying this patch.

• Like 1

Apparently not lol.

Cool. I've been looking for a tent to fill up with anti-biotics. I mean, that's a viable strategy. Now I might just change that strategy, and just carry a tent.

I'm really liking 1.7.7, and the different strategies it offers. I fully expect to get infected occasionally, because sometimes I just want to mix it up a bit with the zeds, or I'll just make a mistake.

I could deal with using meat to keep me alive a long time until I find anti-biotics. But that strategy is unacceptable, because the coughing absolutely drives me crazy.

I so hate the coughing, that in itself will direct my strategy.

OP: Who are you and how did you get inside my brain??

I've been saying this same thread now for a year.

Yeah, there should be some tweaking certain dynamics. Absolutely. But the overall theme of your post is painfully accurate.

Edit: oh yeah, they should have fixed the Zombies attacking through walls thing first, totally. If it's not fixable, then just say "well it was good for a while, hope you all enjoyed it" and shit-can the whole project.

Edited by HMS

But I decree that no crashed chopper should ever spawn with cans and nothing else.

That should never happen, and did to me last night. (No it wasn't looted before I got there)