Sign in to follow this  
uhlan

Fueling

There's no "auto fueling" in public servers, but I'd like to suggest something to add it that would be "realistic" and take into account the lack of electricity in a zombie appocolypse. ;)

First, a new object: the hand-crank fuel pump. To get fuel from a tank into a vehicle or Jerry can you have to have one. Having one, you can fuel directly into a vehicle/aircraft within a set range. You can still use Jerry cans to fuel, but you'd need the pump to refil the can. Having the pump, (maybe on the toolbelt?) allows you to basically "auto-fuel."

Tack something on to this? A siphon hose rather than some kind of hand pump, or rather in addition to the hand pump.

Handpump + Hose would allow you to refuel vehicle directly, but attract some zombies via noise (kinda like how chopping wood makes noise now)

Siphon hose would allow you to siphon from wreaked vehicles, gas tanks, non wreaked vehicles. Slient, but you would have to have empty jerrycans in your inventory, and take a MINOR health damage from siphoning ('accidently' swallowing gas)

• Like 1

Like the idea of a handcrank + hose giving you a continuous flow of fuel to the car until you cancel the animation, same kind of idea as the blood transfusions are at the moment.

The pump I envisioned is mounted on a length of pipe that goes into the tank being pumped from, and a length of hose for the discharge (I had such an item on my farm). It's easy to expand such a concept to the point of rediculous, but I was hoping we could get a fueling system that fit the game and made some sence in "real-world" terms without making it a major project for the modders.

Immersion in the game world (or any bit of fiction) requires that it gets you to suspend your disbelife - auto-fueling as implemented by most private servers now, I don't think does that - it's too much like getting gas in New Jersey.