Sign in to follow this  
dgeesio

will the admin live server tool be in standalone ?

well just wondering as many do abuse this and my number one hate in dayz as many servers are obviously run by admins and giving them godlike knowledge of everything as going on kinda destroys the point in playing fullstop.

i know it can be useful but many do abuse this tool and i have seen it many times.

so will this be in standalone or not ? i hope not as you may aswell allow cheating cause most admins will follow you around the map will steal all your loot and will kill you by tracking you with the tool.

That Control Pannel is for Dayz ST Servers, most have their own custom tools

And I Dont think This will mean much, as Dean Hall has said many times, that The Standalone Will not have Private Hives for Awhile after its release.

I doubt it, I think that was put in more to aid streaming events such as Survivor Gamez and the like as I know Rocket is a big fan of those and has developed with them in mind.

im pretty sure it was made to combat hackers.

just look for servers with admins that are not 12 yr old kids.

• Like 3

im pretty sure it was made to combat hackers.

just look for servers with admins that are not 12 yr old kids.

You're right, I didn't watch the vid as I thought he was talking about something else from the E3 video with Dean.

Don't mind me, crossed wires.

so will this be in standalone or not ? i hope not as you may aswell allow cheating cause most admins will follow you around the map will steal all your loot and will kill you by tracking you with the tool.

Yeah, cos thats only thinghs admins ever do, steal from you and than kil you?

I am an admin too and i find this statement insulting.

Edited by marko4231
  • Like 2

Yeah, cos thats only thinghs admins ever do, steal from you and than kil you?

I am an admin too and i find this statement insulting.

That is rubbish. Admin's try hard to get their servers popular, not ruin the servers they pay for by cheating.

Edited by U.G.N - Jedi Panda

That is rubbish. Admin's try hard to get their servers popular, not ruin the servers they pay for by cheating.

Not necessarily. I know one that currently just kind of like "I won't be with the server much longer anyways" and doing sorta bad things. He's not killing everybody but he does reveal positions sometimes to his buds sometimes as well as fixing vehicles and such.

Not necessarily. I know one that currently just kind of like "I won't be with the server much longer anyways" and doing sorta bad things. He's not killing everybody but he does reveal positions sometimes to his buds sometimes as well as fixing vehicles and such.

read the OP, the OP says "most admins", which is total BS. Yes there are some admins that abuse their powers but saying the majority of all admins do this is totally false.

omg love how admins will come in defending themselves

listen many admins do abuse this :rolleyes:

who includes a tool that can let you see what everyone is doing live !

why even play ? the whole ponit is to be stealthy and sneak about why bother when admin is tracking your every step.

i have witnessed many people doing it on many many servers . admins are often playing in groups that group always seems to find you in some random bizarre place becuase one of em has the tool open and is tracking you.

lock the tool dont make let it be live.

what good is it just saying go find a another server who has the same tool and is doing the exact same thing :lol: genius !

the tool is at fault it needs stopping. if someone other than the admin used this they would get banned ! its as bad as cheating. difference is admin can do it on his own server and guess what nothing ! nothing at all.

its a major floor in the game. most people who admin actually have it open most of the time when they on.

Edited by dgeesio

omg love how admins will come in defending themselves

listen many admins do abuse this :rolleyes:

who includes a tool that can let you see what everyone is doing live !

why even play ? the whole ponit is to be stealthy and sneak about why bother when admin is tracking your every step.

i have witnessed many people doing it on many many servers . admins are often playing in groups that group always seems to find you in some random bizarre place becuase one of em has the tool open and is tracking you.

lock the tool dont make let it be live.

what good is it just saying go find a another server who has the same tool and is doing the exact same thing :lol: genius !

the tool is at fault it needs stopping. if someone other than the admin used this they would get banned ! its as bad as cheating. difference is admin can do it on his own server and guess what nothing ! nothing at all.

its a major floor in the game. most people who admin actually have it open most of the time when they on.

Sounds like you need to choose the servers you play on better!

If you don't like the tools that private hive servers use then dont play on private hive servers!

• Like 1

Sounds like you need to choose the servers you play on better!

i play on many many servers and it is common practice

the tool is a legit hack. anyone else would be banned for using such a tool. the only difference is your runnnig a server . thats it.

you dont even need to see people live. there are anticheats to do that and this shouldnt be in standalone. before you start about anticheats next i have run servers gaming wise for close to 15 years i know what is what and what does what. you may not use the tool to your advantage but many many people do.

admin has base you sneak in kill them take there gear woops lets check the tool oh they over there lets go. this is the too common scenario in dayz.

you shoot admin with sniper hes with few other players on teamspeak wheres he gone ? oh ill just look. why even give people that power over public players when you dont need to be seeing what public players are mvoing live ? saying i might not do it or i dont who knows who doesnt when its smack bang on your pc screen while playing .

the tool is a legit hack. anyone else would be banned for using such a tool. the only difference is your runnnig a server . thats it.

you dont even need to see people live. there are anticheats to do that and this shouldnt be in standalone. before you start about anticheats next i have run servers gaming wise for close to 15 years i know what is what and what does what. you may not use the tool to your advantage but many many people do.

admin has base you sneak in kill them take there gear woops lets check the tool oh they over there lets go. this is the too common scenario in dayz.

you shoot admin with sniper hes with few other players on teamspeak wheres he gone ? oh ill just look. why even give people that power over public players when you dont need to be seeing what public players are mvoing live ? saying i might not do it or i dont who knows who doesnt when its smack bang on your pc screen while playing .

Well its easy to tell you've never been an admin of a popular server. How would you recommend an admin identifies a teleporter without being able to see who is jumping all over the map?

The resolution to your gripe is very straight forward, if you don't like the tools that private hive servers use then dont play on private hive servers!

• Like 1

dgeesio, I am with you on this and have said this many times. While I won't go so far as to say "most admins this" or "some admins that" the fact is, if you have access to the SQL database which is the heart of your server, you have access to this. That's locations, health, loot, NVGs, every conceivable variable.

These are the facts.

The facts are also: I love the guys at Balota, Billy Mays, and other good ones.

And also: I still do not like that.

This is simply how the game was built.

I am bummed to read that so far nobody has been able to say "Don't worry, the stand alone won't be like that."

dgeesio, I am with you on this and have said this many times. While I won't go so far as to say "most admins this" or "some admins that" the fact is, if you have access to the SQL database which is the heart of your server, you have access to this. That's locations, health, loot, NVGs, every conceivable variable.

These are the facts.

The facts are also: I love the guys at Balota, Billy Mays, and other good ones.

And also: I still do not like that.

This is simply how the game was built.

I am bummed to read that so far nobody has been able to say "Don't worry, the stand alone won't be like that."

AFAIK DayZ Standalone will be on an official public dayz hive. These tools which the OP is complaining about are exclusive to private hive servers, so I dont know why you would think these tools could be used on Standalone when they cant even be used on the current official DayZ MOD public servers.

:facepalm:

• Like 1

this is what i was asking or if another tool which would be made to do same tol on standlone !

so basically triyng to stop it happening again when standlone is out.

i understand about private hives have a dayz server up now :lol:

Admin's try hard to get their servers popular, not ruin the servers they pay for by cheating.

Yes, REAL admins are mostly great, but there are some people paying hundreds of dollars for power-ups in F2P games and even more for custom, undetectable cheats. Those people won't hesitate to rent a server for a while only to get some kind of advantage, but I doubt that SA server tools will offer anything exploitable.

The idea is to create a "fake" private server (maybe even a "cracked" one with more "tools") connected to the main hive (will be allowed), use your admin privileges to find the best loot and then destroy normal players on real servers, who will struggle to even find an unopened can of beans...

We are not talking about private hives, because those won't exist in SA alpha.

All servers will be connected, you cannot just ignore "bad" servers and be happy, because those "cheating" players with their ridiculous gear will also come to the good servers with good admins.

Edited by Kazioo
  • Like 1

Did you ever play Minecraft. Admins there are in creative mode, they can fly, TP (ok, so can normal players depending on settings) turn invisible, and use whatever block in unlimited numbers and many other thinghs.

Now go to MC forums and troll them with your admin abuse theories.

I also have an admin abuse story (like many other) but just by common sense I know that this is not the vast majority of the admin that are trolling around.

• Like 1

Panda, I will see your Cpt. Picard Facepalm, and raise you a Willie Wonka advice animal.

What we are wondering is if the backbone and database are going to be handled essentially the same way, with easily editable tables in wide open SQL. Sure, the current claim is that the SA Alpha will be Public hive only. The question revolves around the fact that I don't intend to stop playing after the alpha, and am wondering how it's going to be built.

We're all just looking for data.

well just wondering as many do abuse this and my number one hate in dayz as many servers are obviously run by admins and giving them godlike knowledge of everything as going on kinda destroys the point in playing fullstop.

i know it can be useful but many do abuse this tool and i have seen it many times.

Ok ok we get it op

I don't post here much but do lurk around alot and I'm getting tired of your constant bitching about admins.

Just how many of your 800+ post are regarding the dreaded admin abuse.

It's funny that I guessed you where the op just by reading the title.

You are clearly a idiot with a axe to grind as public hive servers never have or will have these tools unless your a cheat.

The reason people play on private servers is mostly because of the rampant hacking which was taking place last year if you can remember that far back, this is why like minded players started hosting private server to help combat the problem.

Sure some admins will abuse the system but that's just human nature.

Yes I do help admin a server which I do fairly which I will point out takes my time and stops me playing pvp as that would not be fair.

Hope you enjoy getting fecked over on the public hive until standalone is released op

• Like 1

The obvious solution to admin abuse is just go get your own server. I for one am glad for all the good admins out there that create great and safe places for me to play. Only complaint I have is extra gear at spawning in and servers with tons of vehicles. I prefer to be a survivor.

• Like 1

DayZ standalone will be more MMO oriented, they stated this a lot of times already, that means NO dedicated servers, this is to combat hackers and abusive admins. Quite frankly I find dedicated servers to be completely stupid and useless outside a clan type setting, admins abuse their powers and tend to be really in love with themselves. I have yet to meet a "nice" admin that doesn't flaunt their authority or try to keep an environment where he's pretty much invisible, and one of the excuses for this is that they pay more money. But you know, who cares since Standalone will have no admins.

DayZ standalone will be more MMO oriented, they stated this a lot of times already, that means NO dedicated servers, this is to combat hackers and abusive admins. Quite frankly I find dedicated servers to be completely stupid and useless outside a clan type setting, admins abuse their powers and tend to be really in love with themselves. I have yet to meet a "nice" admin that doesn't flaunt their authority or try to keep an environment where he's pretty much invisible, and one of the excuses for this is that they pay more money. But you know, who cares since Standalone will have no admins.

AFAIK SA will not be MMO orientated, it will merely use an MMO architecture where the server controls the game rather than each client telling the server what is in the game.

What do you mean when you say no dedicated servers? Are you talking about virtual game servers that are run by clans/groups/communities but are hosted by commercial hosts like Vilayer, or actual (physical) dedicated server's that clans/groups/communities lease, or do you mean dedicated game servers that are hosted and run by BIS? I suspect your using the term dedicated servers incorrectly as it makes your post not make any sense.

Ok ok we get it op

I don't post here much but do lurk around alot and I'm getting tired of your constant bitching about admins.

Just how many of your 800+ post are regarding the dreaded admin abuse.

It's funny that I guessed you where the op just by reading the title.

You are clearly a idiot with a axe to grind as public hive servers never have or will have these tools unless your a cheat.

The reason people play on private servers is mostly because of the rampant hacking which was taking place last year if you can remember that far back, this is why like minded players started hosting private server to help combat the problem.

Sure some admins will abuse the system but that's just human nature.

Yes I do help admin a server which I do fairly which I will point out takes my time and stops me playing pvp as that would not be fair.

Hope you enjoy getting fecked over on the public hive until standalone is released op

im a idiot for adding a game breaking tool to give unfair advanatage over every person who play dayz :rolleyes:

how do you know public servers in standalone wont have these tools or maynot get a similar type tool ? answer you dont ! so reel your neck in idiot.

people keep suggesting get my own server i have a server which i have said numerous times try reading.

also getting your own server doesnt fix the issue of people being shown live on the map while playing. if you cant see that as a massive issue in game then i am really puzzled.

thing is there are already besides this tool many things to catch everything cheater related so just disabling the live bit would be more fairer to legit players.

if you dont use exploit the feature well done but many do and recognise what advantage this holds over the avg joe public and what a game breaker it is. there are many other waays to do whats needed without giving the admins the option to basically cheat.

think of this

the biggest issue in dayz is ? hacking everyone goes on about this and guess what admins have a built in legit hack tool. so every admin can basically cheat legit if they want or choose too. some wont fair enough but why even give a option ?

if every player had this tool some would use it some wont but i guarentee you it wouldnt be added to players ingfame so why give it admins ? its a exploit and bascially a legit hack . tools are very useful but due to the nature of this game it is also such a exploit which is possible which also breaks the very game its supposed to stop the cheaters against doing.

funny thing is all people do is rage about everything other than the pure logic that the tool is a legit hack if you want to use it like that and freely able to be used. a better tool needs sorting .

Edited by dgeesio