Krakenz (DayZ)

Yolo should apply in SA...

Hoy hoy fellow survivors and banditoes, In release of the latest patch I will be posting my thoughts on DayZ and idea's to throw around, before I bomb dive into it. Each to their own, everyone is valid to an opinion so please no hate.

Sooo... Fairly interesting patch that came out just a few days ago, as a dayz player for along time now i found these changes very hard to adapt to, in saying that I had actually stopped playing dayz for a little bit because of all the hackers that would consistently ruin my gameplay and during that time I was playing WarZ (which was a horrible game and I'm sad that i bought it #hackersrulethatgame).

Now in the recent changes it actually makes it so much more trickier to enter a town to loot, given that i have the gear that i love and don't want to relinquish them to anyone or zombie. There is more to worry about now than just bandits watching the towns you now have to watch out for zombies a lot more cause the whole 2-3 hours i spent playing the patch i felt lost and really not enjoying it at all, which IRL zombie apocalypse's are not meant to be fun, its really taking life or death to the next level.

Which don't get me wrong that's how it should be, i know if there was a zombie apocalypse i wouldn't be running straight to military checkpoints to check for weapons. The one thing that players have an issue is that its a Survival Game each piece of food and every can of water is vital to living, so when people complain that there isn't enough guns or spawns are rubbish its going off the fact that Food and Water is your most valuable resource and some players don't grasp that concept and say "Fuck it, I'm going to kill people in cold blood". I feel as if this is a really good turn making loot spawn less and guns are hard to find, but in saying that it increases the amount of time it takes to loot a town, which dayz is already a massive time guzzler.

I do believe that the going to prone chance when it is a little over the top i know a lot of players will find it extremely hard and will be uninterested in the game cause this not only disables you but they have a chance to break legs, infect, cause blood loss, all while you are prone. Not to mention they are really hard to shake off now.

============ My suggestions (for SA) ==============

Okay so I know that when it comes to game the general attitude is "Fuck I died" but then they respawn and all is K. In order to make people more attached to their characters and the livelihood of their character and its well-being. Creating a starting story line that really character builds and makes you put effort into the character even allowing players to write their own BIO's so that when another players meets you they can view your history (Journal is on the right track). I do also strongly believe that increasing the time it takes to get fully loaded out (days or weeks even) people will not want to go opening running into cherno shooting people.

Stepping Natural Resource gathering to the next level, Fishing for fish, shooting birds, bow and arrows (not everyone can have a compound bow (please use stick and string), Berries, etc. I find what we already have can be expanded a lot making it more enjoyable for people who wish to stay away from the hectic cities.

This Base build being able to build something call it yours and defend it. with this that comes to mind having that end-game goal to build a town for people to live in safe from infected and they can live by their own rules, or you could have a bandit camp that is just full of killers. Seeing that there will be no NPC's we will have to rely on peoples imagination.

Less Vehicle Part spawns, there will be no one driving anytime soon IRL the roads would be almost 100% blocked by cars going into cities so more push bikes :P

If anyone else has any other suggestions they want to add please feel free to reply.

Thanks,

Kraken.

Great ideas.

i'm however not a fan of base building.

i think it's unrealistic to build a base by your self.

maybe different kinds of things that you could add to your camp.

Great ideas.

i'm however not a fan of base building.

i think it's unrealistic to build a base by your self.

maybe different kinds of things that you could add to your camp.

Yes, true. There are ways that you can incorporate systems into it so that it makes it more realistic, maybe Real times waiting for things to build, or even require rare resources that can hardly be found. stuff like that. it would be nice to have closure to campsites and what not without people finding their way into your stuff so easily.

Maybe even adding change able camo skins to tents and clothes for those who really want to be invisible.

Also forgot to add, having the journal as a permanent inventory item so that when you kill someone you can read over their journal and look at their ordeals or even find secrets and bases.

Interesting, but I personally don't think base building has a spot in SA, I just don't like it.

And I think players writing their own bios would fuck things up, (i.e. there would be a lot of "I am Sam! And I am here to fuck bitches and kill zombies, and I'm all out of zombies...")

Interesting, but I personally don't think base building has a spot in SA, I just don't like it.

And I think players writing their own bios would fuck things up, (i.e. there would be a lot of "I am Sam! And I am here to fuck bitches and kill zombies, and I'm all out of zombies...")

"my name is Charles Farnseworth i WAS a regular office worker then the "zeds" came....you found a high powered rifle and shot me while i was trying to feed my family and protect them from the zombies...thanks dick"

Edited by RekliSnipez
  • Like 1

These are some of the best Ideas I have seen for the standalone. I really like the idea of more gathering of resources like with a bow and arrow, I also like the Idea of getting really geared up a long drawn out challenge so people have a real reason to not die. Awesome job!

There is another survival game I play that I enjoy a lot. When I die in in it I some how feel worse than when I die in DayZ, not sure why this is. It is not a multiplayer game not sure if it would be better if it was. I do know my will to live and survive is the same if not stronger as playing DayZ. I do know that player interaction is what has me playing DayZ. In some ways it is a lot harder game to play than DayZ. I guess if it wasn't so cartoony and more of a realistic setting and had multiplayer I would play it more. I think the devs should take a look at "Don't Starve" the survival experience imop is similar.

Now that DayZ has become more accurate it will be even a better game.

The bios are a bad idea I think, everything else sounds good.

"YOLO should apply in SA"

Go find an oversized meat grinder and jump into it - Commander Spoon & LancerG2.

Please veer from using that forsaken Gen Y word again.

no, bad idea.

"YOLO should apply in SA"

Go find an oversized meat grinder and jump into it - Commander Spoon & LancerG2.

Please veer from using that forsaken Gen Y word again.

no, bad idea.

I'm sorry you feel that way, It does stand for "you only live once" I've always been a fan of one life your out games, the overused slang term was intended that you only live once live it to the best of your capabilities and have no regrets.

I'm glad you found a new quote to fill your ever so big hole called your ego, your parents must be proud.

This is merely me expressing my own opinions and using my own words to do so. Please if you don't like it, don't post.

The bios are a bad idea I think, everything else sounds good.

Care to elaborate why? I've had a chat with a couple of people now they think the same.

I understand that you feel there is not much in the way of character development and attachment to the character but I think that adding a storyline or a bio is a different game. You're more than welcome to come up with a story for your character and if you meet some survivors then you might be lucky enough to role play that out. I don't feel having a written version of your story would let it be any more authentic than having to explain yourself.

I can't imagine a story system within Day Z that wouldn't damage another element of the game.

I like your Idea for better hunter gathering and I like the idea of building bases (in some shape or form) but I'd say that these suggestions might be better saved for when Day Z SA has really got off the ground.

That being said I have high hopes for the crafting system in the stand alone version so I'm hoping better hunter/gathering elements will make it in sooner rather than later.

I'm sorry you feel that way, It does stand for "you only live once" I've always been a fan of one life your out games, the overused slang term was intended that you only live once live it to the best of your capabilities and have no regrets.

I'm glad you found a new quote to fill your ever so big hole called your ego, your* parents must be proud.

This is merely me expressing my own opinions and using my own words to do so. Please if you don't like it, don't post.

I'm glad you found a new saying to make you fit in a genre of people (typical hipsters and GEN Y), You're parents must be proud.

Also this is the suggestions forum, I can say my opinion based on this topic and every other topic on the forum, try andstop me from saying that the idea of Bio's is a shit idea, what I recommend is that you post something that DayZ needs like more guns and stuff.

Also Commander Spoon is a fucking legend in my books, go diss on his quote then, I belive you couldn't make something better I assume?