Durkin

Injuries/Illnesses!

Now I apologize in advance if the topic has already been brought up, but I have used to search function and nothing seems to have come up. Anyways..

I've been going through some old suggestion posts online and there are a few that I find cool. I had read one which someone had said that they thought it would be interesting if while looting zombies you were to get blood on your hands, and in turn you would have a small chance of getting sick from dealing with infectious remains. I'd like to add on to this by saying this could be preventable simply by finding latex gloves in a hospital, or some biker gloves at a bar. I enjoy this idea because lets be real, Day-Z is the most intense (I wouldn't say realistic JUST yet) zombie experience available to gamers to date. Now this idea may be better looking to me than others, but it's just a basis for anyone to discuss :)

As well as illnesses contracted by zombies, other survivors or sick animals (I don't like surviving the harsh wilderness riddled with zombies and bandits, just to see a cow taking it easy munching some grass haha) I think some more minor injuries might add some realism to the game. I had seen a video from E3 of the SA and saw that sometimes a zombie will be able to knock you off your balance. What if on occasion we were to actually fall from this hit, and have a chance to sprain a wrist or ankle depending on what we fell onto? Assuming zombies aren't able to run as fast/faster than the survivor this would still allow for some enjoyable gameplay. Let me know if my idea is horrible, or if there is something to it and lets talk what we enjoy/dislike about this!

might be interesting if you could get a potentially fatal sickness and have to find a specific medicine.

Edited by methr1k2dop3

definitely, let us be surprised. this special feature was addressed long time ago and should turn out as a centerpiece of the SA.

edit: wording ;) thanks Durkin

1-1 translation went terribly wrong

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

we should def. let us surprise.

I'm sorry, I don't understand.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that people can get an illness and die now from eating raw food or giving blood transfusions

Hall already said that different illnesses and special antibiotics will be part of the SA as far as I can remember. I am happy for anything that shifts the games focus more on surviving and player interactions and away from just rampant pvp.

• Like 1

I am happy for anything that shifts the games focus more on surviving and player interactions and away from just rampant pvp.

I agree with this. I enjoy the survival aspect of the game more so than the zombie killing / pvp. Small additions like the ones mentioned before are what I feel makes the experience. With this zombie craze being so large scale a game like this would need small things like this to compete with tripple A titles, and companies that might say "Hey these guys are on to something with this Day-Z. Let's try to top it".