Sign in to follow this  
mop (DayZ)

Chernarus River

Would love to see a big river running through Chernarus for the standalone with a few branches. would make water transport an option and be a great risky way to travel faster and im sure be a great aesthetic addition to the map.

Running through the middle of the map, perhaps Komarovo to berenzino hitting kabanino and guglovo along the way. Or just run from kom to novey to berenzio. It would give another great recognisable landmark for orientation too.

Thoughts?

• Like 2

This man knows what's up we need more navel/boat access because right now the best you can do is go to Berezino

This man knows what's up we need more navel/boat access because right now the best you can do is go to Berezino

Dont forget Utes is comming....

question is.

Is there a river in real Chernarus?

from what i have read and experienced they are trying to keep environment parallel to the real place.

IMO: fuck it, add a river it would be awesome real or not.

I want rivers too, Once in a while in game I would like to just sit there with my trusty old fishing rod and watch the world go by with Chernarus radio on in the background.

Ahhh I miss the Archers

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

AFAIK, rivers can't be done on this engine because they can't get water to change in elevation. Unfortunately, we probably won't be getting this anytime soon.

AFAIK, rivers can't be done on this engine because they can't get water to change in elevation. Unfortunately, we probably won't be getting this anytime soon.

You dont necessarily need a change in elevation. Not talking about a waterfall, just a river :)

Rivers and moutain streams...it's all to green and samey. Little micoclimates would be nice.

Edited by Trizzo