Sign in to follow this  
PooPoo

Can't join a DayZ game to save my life

Alright, so I bought the Arma 2 games just for the DayZ mod, was super excited to play until I found out more than half the time I try to join a server, it won't let me join, or it just takes forever to join 5+ minutes so I just have to exit. I've had the game for about half a week now and have only been in 2-3 servers, and in one game it disconnected. Anyone have these problems or know how to fix it? It's not my computer or internet since it runs just about any other game fine. Really regretting spending money on this now since I have to try for 30-60 minutes to even join a game.

all updated? do you use The commander?

If your having problems watch youtube videos, double check your commander or hell even attempt to use six launcher. Its worth the money and time man, you just gotta figure it out

What is the commander? I bought Arma 2 and the xpansion on Steam. From steam I load the beta and go from there.

http://www.dayzcommander.com/

installs, updates, server list/search, favorites, launch game, ...

edit: if you want it to use Steam (overlay) make sure to check the following check-boxes in settings:

- Launch using Steam

- Replace original Arma2OA files with Beta so Steam works

Edited by moriak
  • Like 1

http://www.dayzcommander.com/

installs, updates, server list/search, favorites, launch game, ...

edit: if you want it to use Steam (overlay) make sure to check the following check-boxes in settings:

- Launch using Steam

- Replace original Arma2OA files with Beta so Steam works

K I installed commander. I went to the updates thing and it the first thing it said was my DayZ 1.7.7 was corrupt so I repaired it and reinstalled. But the other things, like DayZ Civillian... Do I have to install?

Hello there

To play any mod you will have to install it. So if you only have DAYZ installed you wont be able to play on a DAYZi44 server.

Use the filters. Dayz commander is almost fool proof.

Rdgs

LoK

K I installed commander. I went to the updates thing and it the first thing it said was my DayZ 1.7.7 was corrupt so I repaired it and reinstalled. But the other things, like DayZ Civillian... Do I have to install?

if you want to play vanilla DayZ you only need to install DayZ and then use the "DayZ Only" filter in server list to find servers (unless you already know where you want to play, then you can add the server directly in favorites)

the other mods are more or less modified versions of DayZ, not required to play vanilla DayZ.. if you want to try any of them you will need to install it and then find a server running the respective mod

Edited by moriak