Buckit (DayZ)

Dayz Commander directory issues

I made another post about this a while ago, and while that helped, it didn't really answer my question. Pretty much, I cant seem to change my operation Arrowhead directory in Commander. When I override it and change the name to the correct file (It is currently stuck at program files/ arma2), it just converts back to what it was originally after i press the override button again. This problem mainly comes from me buying arma 2 combined ops off of amazon because it was on sale. Thanks in advance for the help!

There is a settings file for DayZCommander, maybe you could manually add in the override for that and then make it read only, dunno what would cause your issue though, maybe the formatting is incorrect for example using / instead of \ or it's case sensitive (Steam instead of steam etc) so can't find the directory you are supplying and is defaulting?

C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\DayZCommander\Settings.xml

Edited by SmashT

> after i press the override button again

That is normal behaviour. You're not supposed to untick the box again.

DC applies a temporary over-ride when you tick the check box and enter a path, and it goes back to the default when you untick it.

Yes, it would be really cool if it remembered your last over-ride directory, but I don't think dotjosh is developing new features.

Note that the 'DayZ directory' over-ride hasn't worked for ages, and doesn't look it's going to get fixed at all.

> after i press the override button again

That is normal behaviour. You're not supposed to untick the box again.

DC applies a temporary over-ride when you tick the check box and enter a path, and it goes back to the default when you untick it.

Yes, it would be really cool if it remembered your last over-ride directory, but I don't think dotjosh is developing new features.

Note that the 'DayZ directory' over-ride hasn't worked for ages, and doesn't look it's going to get fixed at all.

What do you suggest I do?