jamestrendall

Adding 10-15 FPS easy.

Hey so i have been playing around with my settings on DayZ and i have found a problem for myself where no matter what settings i play on i struggle to keep 20FPS anywhere.

Now i have started playing PlanetSide2 and i found a very quick and simple way to help with FPS issue's Its not for everyone and please keep in mind that you may have to revert back to your old settings fast if things start to go wrong. Also bear in mind that if you have heat troubles DO NOT DO THIS!!!!!

So how do you get these magical frames you may ask. Simple unpark your cpu core's here is a link to a simple program. All you have to do is download the program read the info and follow the instructions.DO NOT DO THIS IF YOU HAVE HEAT PROBLEMS OR DONT WANT TO POTENTIALY HARM YOUR CPU!!!!

I run a Phenom II x4 695 black edition DeneB OC'd @ 3.7Ghz And with my cores unlocked i have gained a good 10-15 fps on average best thing is i never drop below 20fps while streaming when not streaming im a consistant 30fps

I can not stress enough that you do this at your own risk! If you cook your cpu its your own fault and you have been warned! i highly suggest if you have a laptop that you ignore this thread as cooling will be an issue for you.

Also if you needd extra frames on top of unlocking your cores then there are countless threads out there that can help. This should be a last resort once everything has been exhausted and your confident that your PC can handle the extra heat.

Edited by JamesTrendall

Hey GOD™, whats the point of having your steam profile link in your sig if your profile is private?

Not recommended.

Impossible to revert.

I've opened the Topic, reluctantly.

• Like 1

I have a feeling this thread is going to be filled with a bunch of butthurt people complaining about their now fucked PCs

im guessing a cd stealer

Nope, it's legit.

As the OP clearly stated any changes you make are at your own risk. He is simply reporting that for him it has worked and is now passing on that info to you guy's. If you want to give it a go just read any supporting documentation, the same as you would for anything else you install/run on your PC.

Edited by Fraggle

Unlike what Boneboys said this can be reversible once you unpark your core's restart your pc then load up the program again check status and it will show you your cores unparked. Look at your temps for your cpu and monitor them CAREFULLY you should see a increase in your FPS.

If you feel your temps are running a bit high or you notice something odd with your pc and wish to revert back all you have to do is check status then park all restart your PC once again and its done.

@Statik There is a HUGH red warning in the original post so hopefully that doesn't happen. Like i said all you have to do is keep an eye on your cpu temps to make sure it doesn't get to hot.